DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 Government Rd, Nedlands

91a6a731568d4db94563916c7289f681.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
As the Government Road area and buildings are commercial, its quite possible there was a screen printing business there around time of KK attack.

Coincidently there is also a screen printing business approx 4 doors up from SMM workplace.

As the Government Road area and buildings are commercial, its quite possible there was a screen printing business there around time of KK attack.

Coincidently there is also a screen printing business approx 4 doors up from SMM workplace.

Date of KK attack Sunday 12 February, 1995 - would be good to see a 1995 Yellow pages as to whether screen printing businesses around at that time.

Also posting this old article re KK attack.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 9a09857bed1af179f9f8009cb7f702e0.jpg
    9a09857bed1af179f9f8009cb7f702e0.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 185
Date of KK attack Sunday 12 February, 1995 - would be good to see a 1995 Yellow pages as to whether screen printing businesses around at that time.

Also posting this old article re KK attack.

attachment.php

The article mentions a light-coloured panel van and that the KK victim had deferred her university studies. Most of the victims have studying in common, whether it be university, business college or catering. These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Snipped.

What about business registration records or historic newspaper advertisements.

What about business registration records or historic newspaper advertisements.

Business records would do - anything which identifies screen printing businesses in close proximity to attack, perhaps a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've searched through printing businesses within Loch St, Loftus St & Government Rd, Nedlands.

Searching for: Printing suppliers; Signwriters, Photocopiers, Screen printers, Print Media & Publishers

There is only a Screen Printing Service in G Rd. Nedlands. i.e. within close proximity of the vacant building.

If the wire had some sort of ink on it, perhaps it was the wire from a bundle of newspapers or pamphlets.
Or a recycling place which processes recycled papers, which are wrapped in bundles of wire. That wire would have ink on it.

At 7.30pm Wed night we drove down the Government Road, Nedlands. It is a dead end street. At this time of the night the gates to KK are open - easily accessible by car and pitch black. It totally freaked me out. There are alleyways down some of the buildings. Some businesses had good lighting but, back in 1996/1997 I doubt it did - at 5pm everything would be closed for business. It gave me insight into how busy Railway Road, Gugeri Street, is ..... and 40seconds later into Government Road "everything changed". With the regular train noise too - it would deafen any "calls for help".

Ilikeclouds,

I'm not sure if WAPOL was looking for printing components but there was mention of washing line which had printing ink on it.

Was it definitely named as being printing ink on the washing line? The source below quotes WAPOL as saying 'the line was "impregnated with material used in screen printing"' ...

I'm not an expert, but my Mum had a small business screen printing- and to my mind, fabric paint/ ink doesn't automatically indicate screen printing (but maybe in large commercial production it does??)..However, other materials, such as Riso thermoplastic paper, is specific to screen printing (sorry, tried to attach an image but couldn't. It's googleable!!).. This thermoplastic paper would be hung out to dry after using it. I'm not sure if it could adhere to, or leave traces behind, on a washing line.

All just a theory, and apologies if I've missed the source where WAPOL definitely say it was printing ink, as opposed to the media interpreting what the 'material used in screen printing' actually was.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...w-clues-on-murderers-car-20151204-glfnot.html

You'll notice on Google Street View of Government Road there are lots of those commercials bins. Most look unsecured.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

'Material used in screen printing' could also refer to cleaning fluids used in screen printing.
Anyone know if particular cleaning fluids have a nasty side effect of making victims unconscious if held on their face with a soaked cloth???
Or is this thought a case of TMCSI???

(Too much CSI)

Just thinking out aloud and not pointing the finger at anyone in particular ......

[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

'Material used in screen printing' could also refer to cleaning fluids used in screen printing.
Anyone know if particular cleaning fluids have a nasty side effect of making victims unconscious if held on their face with a soaked cloth???

You're on the money there. 1-4 Butanediol (aka BDO) is used in print inks and turns to GHB when ingested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003