Found Deceased Australia - Colleen Mary South, 58, Renown Park, car found w/airbags deployed at Bunguluke, 3 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Inspector Gerard de Vries said a lot of searching had already been done near the Avoca River, checking farmhouses, sheds, haystacks and water sources like troughs and dams.

"One of our biggest challenges is that we know where her car was, and we have some witnesses that put her down further on the Calder Highway prior to her car being located here ... but where she has gone to, that's our biggest challenge," Insp de Vries said.

"We've got nothing to indicate what direction she may have gone or where she may be.

"We would love to find something that indicates where she has gone."

"We are not treating Colleen's disappearance as suspicious, although all avenues of inquiry are being followed ensuring that we are keeping an open mind at all times," Supt Olsen said.

"I think that someone has picked her up, maybe someone who is friendly, or she may have walked out on to the main roads, where she may have hitchhiked," Ms South said.

Thanks for this, Toots. So it seems Colleen may have initially driven south from Adelaide, before turning east towards Victoria. To me it seems more likely that she discarded her phone at Port Noarlunga than that an abductor placed her phone there. It is beginning to look like Colleen was having some sort of breakdown, sadly. And if she removed the Sim card before discarding her phone, she didn't want to be found. She may not have even had a plan of any sort. Just so sad. MOO

Last edited:
It's really sad. She could still be out there somewhere alone and afraid. I've had two psychotic episodes. It's terrifying. You don't know which reality is the right one. You feel you can't trust anyone. I don't know that I could survive a third episode.

The phone turning up in Port Noarlunga, the medication and mental health conditions tied in with purchasing alcohol and seemingly erratic behaviour, particularly driving interstate instead of finishing her move, all suggests to me that this is going to be awful case of misadventure and Colleen's had a serious psychotic episode and developed paranoia.

It's really sad. She could still be out there somewhere alone and afraid. I've had two psychotic episodes. It's terrifying. You don't know which reality is the right one. You feel you can't trust anyone. I don't know that I could survive a third episode.
Dear Awakening, I trust and pray you won't have any more episodes. I'm sure all of us here wish you happiness and health.

Dear Awakening, I trust and pray you won't have any more episodes. I'm sure all of us here wish you happiness and health.
Well said, I totally agree! I have been around people in psychotic states for my job and it can be such a horrible thing to see.

It seems to me that she really was just driving aimlessly, and as mentioned before, she was in a psychotic state. The bottle shop she was seen at in St Agnes is actually my local, and Port Noarlunga is around an hours drive from there, not in a straight line either. Port Noarlunga is a beautiful place on a gorgeous beach, very popular with locals. Maybe it was a special place for Colleen? From then on the round-about route she would have to have taken to be where the car was found does not make sense. I've tried to follow her movements from the various media reports and I feel she got awfully lost around Wycheproof. The area is quite remote although on a main road to Melbourne but some roads she was seen on and where the car found was found are off the main road. After she crashed the car in the ditch, I cannot imagine what happened. Surely someone who innocently picked her up would have come forward by now?

A new photo has emerged of missing South Australian woman Colleen South at a petrol station on the day she was last seen.

The 58-year-old was captured on CCTV at Sunraysia Petroleum at Berriwillock, in Victoria's Mallee region, on Sunday, July 3, about midday.

Ms South tried to purchase fuel at the unattended petrol station on the Calder Highway but had trouble using the self-service machine.

According to a member of Ms South's family who has seen the footage, another person who was also paying for petrol at that time noticed her struggling and kindly paid the $10 amount Ms South owed.

Mary Headon, who spotted Ms South's car on the side of the highway back on July 2 and stopped to check on the grandmother, said she looked ill.

When we got back there she was just laying in the car with her head back. She looked really, really tired or a little bit ill I thought, her eyes were very glassy,' Mary Headon, who pulled over to check on her told A Current Affair

The family of missing Adelaide woman Colleen South have paid tribute to their "beautiful angel" after a body was found at Bunguluke, in Victoria's north-west.

The body is yet to be formally identified. However, Mildura Superintendent John O'Connor said it was "highly probable" the body was Ms South's.

"It's highly likely that the body that was found last night east of Wycheproof is that of Colleen South but it's yet to be formally identified and we are waiting for DNA analysis to confirm that," he said.

Superintendent O'Connor said the body was discovered under a large tree in high grass only about 2 kilometres from where Ms South's abandoned car was discovered crashed in a ditch on July 3.

In a tribute posted online, her family said they were "heartbroken and in shock".

"We want to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for your endless support, calls & messages for the past 5 weeks. We are so grateful," they wrote.

"Fly high our beautiful angel."

The family of missing Adelaide woman Colleen South have paid tribute to their "beautiful angel" after a body was found at Bunguluke, in Victoria's north-west.

The body is yet to be formally identified. However, Mildura Superintendent John O'Connor said it was "highly probable" the body was Ms South's.

"It's highly likely that the body that was found last night east of Wycheproof is that of Colleen South but it's yet to be formally identified and we are waiting for DNA analysis to confirm that," he said.

Superintendent O'Connor said the body was discovered under a large tree in high grass only about 2 kilometres from where Ms South's abandoned car was discovered crashed in a ditch on July 3.

In a tribute posted online, her family said they were "heartbroken and in shock".

"We want to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for your endless support, calls & messages for the past 5 weeks. We are so grateful," they wrote.

"Fly high our beautiful angel."

Didn't they search that area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak