Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These Alice in Wonderland references are a bit Twilight zone for me atm as I'm reading another forum and the woman is talking about how she used to parrot out lines from AIW. And then she just mentioned her twin sister's name is Corrine!! I can send you the link if you don't believe me!

These Alice in Wonderland references are a bit Twilight zone for me atm as I'm reading another forum and the woman is talking about how she used to parrot out lines from AIW. And then she just mentioned her twin sister's name is Corrine!! I can send you the link if you don't believe me!

I think the appropriate response nads, is to say that "I have believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast".

But send the link anyway lol

:woohoo:

JMO MOO

Thanks Nads, had a quick look but think it's a bit too heavy for me, golly gosh

:woohoo:

JMO MOO

I gave up on that thread. She's too verbose!

Any news on the trial? Anybody go today?

This is not good news for the prosecution.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/the-rayney-trial--day-three-of-evidence-20120726-22t34.html
Dr Dixon said there were many liquidamba trees in the suburbs surrounding Kings Park because of their age.
He said the trees produced a prickly seed pod and police brought samples of liquidamba pods to his lab to be DNA tested.
However, Dr Dixon said it was not possible to test the pods and link them to a particular tree, with the results inconclusive.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/the-rayney-trial--day-three-of-evidence-20120726-22t34.html
Dr Dixon said there were many liquidamba trees in the suburbs surrounding Kings Park because of their age.
He said the trees produced a prickly seed pod and police brought samples of liquidamba pods to his lab to be DNA tested.
However, Dr Dixon said it was not possible to test the pods and link them to a particular tree, with the results inconclusive.

mouse, wasn't there talk last week of the fact that a Liquid Amber (I think that is the correct spelling lol) also growing in the Rayney's garden in Como (maybe even more than one?)

My impression is there was never going to be a way to tie down those pods to the one Liquid Amber in Kings park.

Maybe the prosecution might be happy with the deduction that the pods were more likely to have been attached to her clothes while she was dragged from the house?

Please let me know if I have lost the plot on this.

I notice the next witness will be Inspector Wells - didn't Alice fall down a well at some point?

:floorlaugh:

JMO MOO

mouse, wasn't there talk last week of the fact that a Liquid Amber (I think that is the correct spelling lol) also growing in the Rayney's garden in Como (maybe even more than one?)

My impression is there was never going to be a way to tie down those pods to the one Liquid Amber in Kings park.

Maybe the prosecution might be happy with the deduction that the pods were more likely to have been attached to her clothes while she was dragged from the house?

Please let me know if I have lost the plot on this.

I notice the next witness will be Inspector Wells - didn't Alice fall down a well at some point?

:floorlaugh:

JMO MOO

There is also no way to tie those pods to the tree in the Rayney garden. There are more than 20 of these trees on my street Plus there may be at least one liquidambar tree at the bentley community centre!!

There is also no way to tie those pods to the tree in the Rayney garden. There are more than 20 of these trees on my street Plus there may be at least one liquidambar tree at the bentley community centre!!

True mouse , so your point stands, no help to the prosecution at all.

and please forgive me for being pedantic about spelling, it is one of my many failings.

:banghead:

JMO MOO

True mouse , so your point stands, no help to the prosecution at all.

and please forgive me for being pedantic about spelling, it is one of my many failings.

:banghead:

JMO MOO

Ha ha GG - think the spelling nazi will be having a field day with this one. I believe the correct spelling is "liquidambar". It's full species name is - Liquidambar styraciflua

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi all, just sitting in my car listening to the news roundup on rayney case and I have another name for you - Shari Paradise, well that's how it's pronounced could be paradis with accent on the 's'. Had a wee giggle thinking of you guys. She was LR's personal assistant and there was apparently a hint of an affair but not delved into. She denied any impropriety and said that he appeared normal at work on the day Corryn went missing. There was evidence about the seed pods from the liquid amber trees but not related back to the rayney home as yet and an expert on car transmissions talking about where the car was damaged and lots of technical info. The young female reporter said it was a rather 'dry' day in court with lots of in-depth analysis about trees and cars!!!

Hope this is interesting as all I can remember from the report I heard in between various domestic duties on car radio. Lol.

Actually, to be precise it was 'Ranger Rabbitt'. And was the first thing I noticed - how inane I am! Fit in well round here. Lol. Just wondering your nicked if it is easy to get a seat in the public gallery?

Thanks for the inside info, fascinating!!!

Yes, it was fairly easy to get a seat in the public gallery yesterday.

I arrived at about 9.30am to make sure I would get a seat as I wasn't sure how busy it would be.

People came and went, throughout the day but there were enough seats for everybody.

Best to get there a bit early if you can though...just to make sure you can get a spot with a good view.

Hi all, just sitting in my car listening to the news roundup on rayney case and I have another name for you - Shari Paradise, well that's how it's pronounced could be paradis with accent on the 's'. Had a wee giggle thinking of you guys. She was LR's personal assistant and there was apparently a hint of an affair but not delved into. She denied any impropriety and said that he appeared normal at work on the day Corryn went missing. There was evidence about the seed pods from the liquid amber trees but not related back to the rayney home as yet and an expert on car transmissions talking about where the car was damaged and lots of technical info. The young female reporter said it was a rather 'dry' day in court with lots of in-depth analysis about trees and cars!!!

Hope this is interesting as all I can remember from the report I heard in between various domestic duties on car radio. Lol.

Thanks Dodo - yes I just saw a report regarding Shari Paradise...it seems to be spelt 'Paradise' in the online press but on the Channel 7 news it was spelt 'Paradice'. I wonder which is correct?

Another rather comical name to add to the collection, anyway.

The Channel 7 report said that LR had told her that he'd put the place card in the console of the car but Ms Paradise didn't know to which car he was referring.

On the TV vision this woman gave a big smile and a sort of wave to the tv camera.

Perhaps she knew the cameramen who stand in a row of about five or six, facing the witnesses who approach the District Court building - however,
I'm finding this rather flippant display by some of the attendees to be rather disrespectful of Corryn.

Someone needs to remind these legal 'big wigs' ('big wigs' in their own minds anyway) that a woman was murdered!

IMO

Yes, it was fairly easy to get a seat in the public gallery yesterday.

I arrived at about 9.30am to make sure I would get a seat as I wasn't sure how busy it would be.

People came and went, throughout the day but there were enough seats for everybody.

Best to get there a bit early if you can though...just to make sure you can get a spot with a good view.

Thanks YN, might be able to make it one of the days, have never been to court, so would be an education!!

Just had to pick up one of my children and heard main news report, in car again, lol Apparently LR told his personal assistant that he remembered putting the name card from the dinner he attended on the console of the car, but she said he didn't say which car it was. He also told her that he thought somebody had put it near the grave site to 'frame' him!! (well, what do you know) !!! Just my own opinion of course.

That's unfortunate that the seed pods can't be traced to one particular tree.

I did read however, that there was soil found in Corinne's bra and that this couldn't be connected to Kings Park.

I hope the soil can be traced to a particular location that will help the truth of Corinne's last moments be told.

I also hope the red brick dust on her boots can be narrowed down to having come from a specific location and that the scrape marks can be identified as being from having been dragged, rather than from normal wear.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/top-stories/was-trial-of-the-century/story-e6frg12l-1226427536395

"He said as she was "manhandled'' and dragged across the front of the house by one person, her bra collected soil, her hair picked up seed pods and red brick-dust particles collected in gouges in her boots, providing "traces to indicate where she had been''."

Thanks YN, might be able to make it one of the days, have never been to court, so would be an education!!

Just had to pick up one of my children and heard main news report, in car again, lol Apparently LR told his personal assistant that he remembered putting the name card from the dinner he attended on the console of the car, but she said he didn't say which car it was. He also told her that he thought somebody had put it near the grave site to 'frame' him!! (well, what do you know) !!! Just my own opinion of course.

Yes, it's a good experience to see how the justice system works. In my opinion trial-by-jury is a far more transparent and therefore better method of trying people accused of a crime than this judge-alone trial.

Yes, I heard that too in the tv news report, that Shari Paradise said LR told her he took the place card and put it in the console of 'the car'.

So he did take it from the dinner after all.

Hi GG.

I agree Kings Park is a busy place. I have visited the place where Corryns body was found during the day but that was in springtime. That stretch of road is probably the quietest of all the main routes and those bush trails can feel a little eerie. Since this happened late at night and in the middle of winter, I can see how someone could be there for some time without being noticed.

I think the place card is most likely to have fallen out of his jacket pocket when he pulled something out, maybe a pair of gloves or a hanky. If it fell out of her car then the prosecutions case would be compromised. I wonder if he went to the area a day or so before to assess the area.

The fact that the digging implement has never been found is a big piece of the puzzle that is missing. Of course it's possible that he ditched it somewhere and went to retrieve before going to work the next morning.
JMO

Mr Agius apparently thinks like you do, mouse detective...that LR 'scoped out' the burial place beforehand.

Regarding the digging implement, I wonder if it was a shovel or spade and whether it was also the murder implement.

Apparently blood from an injury to the back of Corinne's head was found on the back seat of the car. A small man like LR would have needed the element of surprise, like attacking when Corinne's back was turned...and he'd have probably needed a weapon to make his attack quick and effective IMO.

http://m.smh.com.au/wa-news/the-rayneys--a-life-laid-bare-20120719-22coa.html

Excerpts:-
"It was alleged Mr Rayney agreed to meet his wife on the night of August 7 after she attended her regular boot-scooting class at Bentley, luring her with the promise of revealing his financial records."

"But, Mr Agius said, the meeting was a ruse, possibly planned in advance by Mr Rayney as an opportunity to put in place his "final solution"."

"Blood from an injury to the back of Mrs Rayney's head was also found on the back seat of the car."

"Mr Agius alleged Mr Rayney may have "scoped" Kings Park for a place to dispose of his wife's body in the days leading up to her death, choosing a secluded clearing off a sand track near Lovekin Drive."

BBM
IMO

Hello :)

I have also been following this case quite closely.

I do believe that LR was involved in his wife's murder.

Now after more information has come to light since the trial began I am wondering whether LR had a stash of cash that he used to pay someone to kill and dispose of Corryn. Hasn't there has been rumblings of possible underworld involvement - or am I imagining this?

I wonder if he had someone lie in wait in the garage and kill her. Then when the eldest daughter returned home the murderer disposed of body in pre dug gravesite. Name card could have been dropped then when designating area for grave. This would also make it easier to dispose of digging implement - as if there was sufficient soil post dig then murderer would only have had to throw, kick or move soil over to cover CR.

Also - if it was LR (and I believe he either did it or was the instigator) how did he get home after the car broke down? I am unfamiliar with the area. Could there not have been CCTV footage from shops in the areas that may have captured him/accomplice walking in the direction of Como especially at such a strange hour?

I do think this will end up like OJ Simpson. The evidence will indicate LR involvement, but as such a large component is circumstantial - he will get away with murder.

The Channel 7 report said that LR had told her that he'd put the place card in the console of the car but Ms Paradise didn't know to which car he was referring.

I love this testimony - it suggests that LR confirmed that he took his place card with him after that dinner party - BRILLIANT!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back