Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the article YN, she was such a beautiful woman and obviously very talented at everything she did. They actually look like a nice, happy couple in the photo in the plane, a lot like Allison and GBC at the century 21 dinner in February. Hard to believe how things can so quickly deteriorate.

Anyway, had several attempts at the first gear scenario on way through a quiet area of Perth - no, thought I wouldn't try it on the freeway!! Found that the noise level started to get up there at the 30k an hour mark and that got up to 4000/rpm. My car is a manual 2 litre focus, so a more powerful car may not struggle at the 30k mark. I think you would draw attention to yourself if you were traveling that speed in traffic and would want to pull over fairly quickly or people would start to notice you. If the streets were deserted you could get away with that speed for some distance I would think. Wll ponder this as I continue cleaning. lol!

Thanks for the article YN, she was such a beautiful woman and obviously very talented at everything she did. They actually look like a nice, happy couple in the photo in the plane, a lot like Allison and GBC at the century 21 dinner in February. Hard to believe how things can so quickly deteriorate.

Anyway, had several attempts at the first gear scenario on way through a quiet area of Perth - no, thought I wouldn't try it on the freeway!! Found that the noise level started to get up there at the 30k an hour mark and that got up to 4000/rpm. My car is a manual 2 litre focus, so a more powerful car may not struggle at the 30k mark. I think you would draw attention to yourself if you were traveling that speed in traffic and would want to pull over fairly quickly or people would start to notice you. If the streets were deserted you could get away with that speed for some distance I would think. Wll ponder this as I continue cleaning. lol!

Hey, good sleuthing Dodo! :D :woohoo:

32km/h was the speed that the car was doing when its computer recorded its first error message, approximately two and a half minutes after it's ignition was started. But the revs were at about 1400 in Corinne's car at the time of the first fault message and I think that they said the car was in 5th gear (but they could have said 'first' gear and I misheard!) when the first error was recorded.

The second error message occurred (not sure how long after the first error) and the message was 'Transmission Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio'. The mechanic said that this meant that the car was in first gear but wanted the next gear and couldn't do it. Apparently no other data for RPM's or speed was given for this event. The mechanic said that 'it depends on the severity of the fault' as to how much detail the computer provides.

Mrs Durrant noted that the car was 'travelling slowly' along Thomas Street when she heard the noise of its engine so maybe it was doing about 30km per hour at this location?

Fascinating stuff I think. I hope the police have an idea of where the car was when it started playing up.

Aargh! That was drastic! At least the car was still under warranty.

I wonder if Corinne's engine was completely broken when they assessed the damage to the car?

No it wasn't under warranty - bought in the UK and it was a private sale. ::notgood::notgood:

32km/h was the speed that the car was doing when its computer recorded its first error message, approximately two and a half minutes after it's ignition was started. But the revs were at about 1400 in Corinne's car at the time of the first fault message and I think that they said the car was in 5th gear (but they could have said 'first' gear and I misheard!) when the first error was recorded.

The second error message occurred (not sure how long after the first error) and the message was 'Transmission Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio'. The mechanic said that this meant that the car was in first gear but wanted the next gear and couldn't do it. Apparently no other data for RPM's or speed was given for this event. The mechanic said that 'it depends on the severity of the fault' as to how much detail the computer provides.

Mrs Durrant noted that the car was 'travelling slowly' along Thomas Street when she heard the noise of its engine so maybe it was doing about 30km per hour at this location?

Fascinating stuff I think. I hope the police have an idea of where the car was when it started playing up.

It's such a shame that the diagnostics don't show more of a time based history - like engine on and off and kms travelled stored for last 4 or five journeys.

The second error message occurred (not sure how long after the first error) and the message was 'Transmission Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio'. The mechanic said that this meant that the car was in first gear but wanted the next gear and couldn't do it. Apparently no other data for RPM's or speed was given for this event. The mechanic said that 'it depends on the severity of the fault' as to how much detail the computer provid

Fascinating stuff I think. I hope the police have an idea of where the car was

when it started playing up.

thanks for this YN. That makes sense if Mrs Durrant noted that the car was travelling slowly along Thomas street and it was losing power. If it was in fifth gear when the first error report came up, the driver would have felt the car losing power as the revs were dropping, he would have wanted to get off a main road very quickly as Thomas is a main thoroughfare. He would have turned into the closest side street off Thomas and then into smaller street again to enable least possibility of drawing attention to himself. In such a panicked state I don't think he would have time to think 'which' street he was in. JMO

thanks for this YN. That makes sense if Mrs Durrant noted that the car was travelling slowly along Thomas street and it was losing power. If it was in fifth gear when the first error report came up, the driver would have felt the car losing power as the revs were dropping, he would have wanted to get off a main road very quickly as Thomas is a main thoroughfare. He would have turned into the closest side street off Thomas and then into smaller street again to enable least possibility of drawing attention to himself. In such a panicked state I don't think he would have time to think 'which' street he was in. JMO

Dodo if I was a betting girl - this is the scenario I would put my money on !! I think the fact it was carefully parked and locked rather than being abandoned and the perpetrator doing a runner is very significant

Well this Clare O'Brien was one woman that LR was having an affair with and CR knew about. She took off over east and I believe she is still there as she wouldn't want to face the music back here. She was an upstanding citizen and this has ruined her reputation. I'm not sure why the trio involved have not been charged with the phone tapping. This will come out in the trial sooner or later but they should have been convicted by now. People in high places are treated differently I suppose.

Clare O'Brien Left WA After Rayney Charged With Phone Tapping

This article is from April 4, 2008. Apparently Clare O'Brien left her address in Perth with no forwarding address.

Excerpt:
"Ms O'Brien, who was also a lawyer in the Navy Reserve, is believed to have told fellow officers last month that she wanted to ``do something different until the smoke settles'' and planned to live in the eastern states for the next couple of years.

Ms O'Brien worked with Mr Rayney when he was the deputy Director of Public Prosecutions and served with him in the Navy Reserve.

The Sunday Times understands she has moved interstate and could not be forced to return to WA to testify."

The article also talks about the men's handkerchief that was found at the gravesite. We now know it was buried approximately 15cm beneath Corinne's head.

In this article it states that, "Police have confirmed there were no bodily fluids or DNA on the handkerchief"

http://www.perthnow.com.au/rayney-witness-mystery/story-fna7dq6e-1111115983177

Well this Clare O'Brien was one woman that LR was having an affair with and CR knew about. She took off over east and I believe she is still there as she wouldn't want to face the music back here. She was an upstanding citizen and this has ruined her reputation. I'm not sure why the trio involved have not been charged with the phone tapping. This will come out in the trial sooner or later but they should have been convicted by now. People in high places are treated differently I suppose.

Welcome Rex and thanks for your input!

Rex - has that fact about LR and COB having an affair been printed in the MSM anywhere to date or are you privy to some local knowledge?

I cannot tell a lie - yes it was me :)

Good work! Between the news from the trial and our online searching and hopefully some 'insider' knowledge, we're all making some progress here...getting to the bottom of this mystery. We hope!

Rex - has that fact about LR and COB having an affair been printed in the MSM anywhere to date or are you privy to some local knowledge?

Well I read it somewhere else on the internet and they have local knowledge. Anyway, makes perfect sense to me.

Just wondering if it was the trip to Bali which made Corryn realise that there was a massive shortfall in Lloyd's income and led her to the realisation that his earnings were possibly being directed elsewhere to support his gambling habit.

How sad it is that behind such a happy picture in the plane, such an unhappy tale may have been played out at their home.

I actually think CR may have died because of LR's desperate need to gamble. IMO some gamblers and alcoholics are capable of doing anything to support their addictions!

Just wondering if down the track it will be revealed that GBC also had a gambling addiction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back