GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty - so i just went through and pretty much cut and paste from news articles that are all linked into this thread, specifically pages 5 and 6 -- anyways here it is.

P7 -

- P7 is a convicted violent paedophile who admits to offending from the age of nine or 10.
- He was living on the Sunshine Coast at the time of Daniel's disappearance.
- P7 admits driving along the road where the boy disappeared from and seeing the bus had broken down some way from where Daniel was waiting for it.
- P7 says he participated in a rehabilitation program for sex offenders and his offending had finished.
- Two convictions for sex offences against young boys
- One occured in queensland in 1987 when he was carrying out community service at a play ground.
- The Second offence was in Northen Territory in 1993 a young neighbour. Horrific details emerged about the little boy's injuries, where P7 had thrown the boy after he assaulted him.Doctors said the six-year-old almost died from a punctured lung and had bruises and haemorrhaged eyes that indicated he had been choked.
- He began sexually assaulting small children at a swimming pool while he was at primary school.
- P7, left his wife and young child on the Sunshine Coast to move in with a new girlfriend he met while working at Moranbah in May 2004.
- The court heard that P7 looked identical to sketches drawn from witness descriptions of a man seen standing near Daniel before the 13-year-old disappeared in 2003. P7 told the court he had changed his appearance in the year after Daniel disappeared.
- P7 said he had also been accused of a string of unproven sexual assaults on children, which began when he was aged 10, and included a sexual relationship with an underage teenage cousin.
- After P7's release from jail in 1998, he moved in with relatives at Bli Bli and joined the Christian Outreach Centre at Woombye.
- Allegations P7, who tinkered with cars and went four-wheel-driving in Beerwah's pine forests, had spent seven hours on the internet the night before Daniel disappeared but P7 claimed he closed any child *advertiser censored* sites he came across.

Shoe found in search for Daniel Morcombe

*snip* Police say the shoe was found within the primary search site around 3:00pm (AEST) today.

It will undergo a range of scientific testing and police say the process will take some weeks. *snip*

*snip* Police are also cautioning that the find could be totally unrelated to the current investigation. *snip*

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-17/daniel-morcombe-shoe-found/2844114

Daniel's face is etched in my mind. Like a lot of people I've followed this case since it was first reported. Daniel had everything go wrong for him on that afternoon. How unlucky that the bus broke down and the backup bus that followed did not stop. There were so many people that saw Daniel at the overpass on that afternoon and all of them felt something was wrong. People reported a grubby, suspicious looking man near Daniel and that Daniel looked strained and uncomfortable. A man looked back in his rear view mirror and reported to his son that he did not like what he was seeing. A woman stopped close by and was looking for something to write down the rego of the blue car nearby because she was so suspicious that something was wrong, she couldn't find anything so tried to remember the rego by associating it with Weetbix (rego started with WBX or WHX). So many people regret now that they did not do more and act on their instincts. How unlucky that Daniel was in this vulnerable position when a predator spotted him. At least there are lots of witnesses to what the man looked like. Also some people said there was another man. I'm wondering if this other person might be giving some information to the police. Hopefully the shoe they have found will yield some information.

I know this is a little bit off topic here, but Daniel's case really opened my eyes to just how bad things are in Australia, & i as well as many other Aussies are FURIOUS. and now with Bung who is missing from Boronia, also 13 -- All i can say is that the public need to be aware of these offenders, imagine that - Knowledge is the best prevention.

I haven't heard much about Bung. I remember Karmein Chan years ago and Bung's case reminds me of hers. They are both Asian girls and both are / were 13 maybe that is the only connection though. Karmein's abduction and murder was years ago by a man dubbed Mr Cruel. He has never been caught so he is still out there if he is alive. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information for the police to go on with Bung unless they are not releasing much to the public.

I agree with you Kileyizzle it is good to have knowledge and to be aware of what is out there.

Second shoe found at Morcombe search site

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...d-at-morcombe-search-site-20110820-1j3iq.html

*snip* Daniel's father, Bruce Morcombe earlier said the discovery of the first shoe could turn out to be "a game-breaker".

Police have not revealed to media whether the shoe matches those worn by Daniel the day he disappeared, but Mr Morcombe believes the find could be a significant piece of evidence. *snip*

Human bones found at Daniel Morcombe search site

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...rth-caravan-park/story-fn7x8me2-1226118892230

**snip** HUMAN bones have been found at the site where police and SES are looking for the remains of Daniel Morcombe.

The three bones were located near to where a second shoe was found yesterday in the primary search site off Kings Road, Beerwah.

Testing this afternoon confirmed the bones were human remains.

I wonder how the police knew where to search for Daniel? Did Brett Cowan say something to the undercover cops at the caravan park?

I wonder how the police knew where to search for Daniel? Did Brett Cowan say something to the undercover cops at the caravan park?

Alice I've been wondering if he said something to them as well. The other scenario that went through my mind was maybe, for some reason, he went back to the gravesite to make sure there wasn't any obvious evidence left and unbeknown to him, he was being followed by the undercover cops.

Alice I've been wondering if he said something to them as well. The other scenario that went through my mind was maybe, for some reason, he went back to the gravesite to make sure there wasn't any obvious evidence left and unbeknown to him, he was being followed by the undercover cops.

Yes that's a possibility. Isn't that what the police did in Keisha's case? It is so different in Australia with murder investigations than the US. The police keep things very much under wraps. We don't know how much the police put into investigations until it is before the Court. I'm impressed that the police have been doggedly working on Daniel's case for years. Let's hope there will be resolution soon for the family's sake.

Yes that's a possibility. Isn't that what the police did in Keisha's case? It is so different in Australia with murder investigations than the US. The police keep things very much under wraps. We don't know how much the police put into investigations until it is before the Court. I'm impressed that the police have been doggedly working on Daniel's case for years. Let's hope there will be resolution soon for the family's sake.

I agree that Australian murder investigations are handled differently than in the USA. We just don't have the same type of media exposure until it actually goes to Court. It's all very hush hush, so I guess there is a much smaller chance of tainting a Jury. I'm also impressed at what has gone on behind the scenes with Daniel.

My heart goes out to his family. So much pain and suffering. All these years they have had 'hope' that he is still alive somewhere and may come home one day. I hope these bones turn out to be Daniels so his family can bring their little boy home again to rest.

Yes, it is certainly him. 'Globe' is not like Nike or Adidas after all, it is more of a niche brand, and when they're not in adult size, that narrows down the field to the point of certainty IMO.

It's always so strange for me in these cases of missing people when their bodies are found after a long search. I just think of all the people looking for Daniel and all this time he has been quietly lying under some mud on a macadamia farm. It is jarring because it brings home such a harsh reality.

That is really heartbreaking. I always hoped that child could be found alive, because he's one of the few missing children who has a twin, so he could be recognised without depending on age progression stuff which is usually less than accurate.

My prayers and sympathy to Daniel's family.

Daniel's brothers visit site

DANIEL Morcombe's twin brother Bradley and older sibling Dean have visited the site where police have been searching for the Coast teenager's remains.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/08/24/daniels-brothers-visit-site/

Daniel Morcombes' parents may have been 500m away from their missing son

THE parents of Daniel Morcombe have been rocked by the realisation they may have been within 500m of their son the afternoon he was allegedly abducted.

Bruce Morcombe said he and wife Denise drove past the Beerburrum State Forest, about 500m from the section now declared a crime scene, on their way home from a Christmas party in Brisbane about 3.30pm on December 7, 2003.

Just announced on Brisbane TV that Dna testing has confirmed the bones found are Daniel Morecombe....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bo...olice-confirm/comments-e6frf7jo-1226123791964

Confirmation that it is Daniel's bones. So sad for the Morcombes that this is where Daniel has been for the last 8 years. They now know for sure that Daniel is gone and hopefully they can work through their grief.

I'm still wondering where the police got their information to concentrate their search in this particular area? Maybe they bugged Brett Cowan's phone? He has not confessed to anything.

Glad that Daniel has finally been found. It seems like the "inquisition" into Daniel's disappearance paid off. My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace, Daniel. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members