Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was her Facebook account deactivated/deleted around the time of her disappearance on Sat evening? It is being alluded to her deleting it on Sat night but to the best of my knowledge all we know is that by Tue at 10.34am when a WSer searched for Elisa's FB, it was not active, only cached (see below for SS of time we realised it was only available as a cache):
And we know that the most recent cached version of her FB profile on google is dated 4th Sep (SS below with date cached at top):
We also have a sentence in the article below saying "Her mobile phone, which is also missing, was turned off at 10.30pm on Saturday and remains off. It appears her Facebook account was also deleted." - which sort of 'associates' her FB deletion with her phone being turned off on Sat night but it is neither a quote from the police nor attributed to anything, and to me just means that the reporter tried to find her on FB at the time of writing the article& found that her account was no loner active, just like a WSer did on Tuesday
She could have taken her FB down at any point between 4 Sep & last Sat. OR could Police have asked FB to take her account down when it was realised that she was really missing? I think FB accounts of missing persons quite often go offline after their disappearance?

Hope that all makes sense! Be gentle with me just trying out my first post been working on it for half an hour :D
Edited by me for brevity
Excellent job on collating all that info :)
In answer to the above questions, I can't say for sure exactly when her Facebook account was deactivated, but it wasn't active on Sunday evening. So it was deactivated as early as that, but no later. We have no way of knowing who deactivated it, whether it was Elisa herself, or someone else. As discussed earlier in this thread, you don't necessarily need someone's password to deactivate their Fb account, just access to their phone. It's also been mentioned that perhaps this was a common pattern of behaviour for Elisa? My sister often deactivates her fb account, when she wants a break from social media, not something to worry about, just something she does. (Not me though, I'm addicted) If it's not typical behaviour for Elisa, however, it could be a very important point. It certainly stood out to me.

Elisa may not be the one who deleted her Facebook, someone else could have done that.

What’s in the FB account that needed to be removed? And to remove it someone needs to password. Unless your logging in like me all the time. Phone passcode needed then? Oh sheesh so many questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the source of her having depression and being an alcoholic is her husband or "a neighbour" I don't know if they would be reliable...

Hi everyone

I am a relative newbie. Long time lurker.

I just wanted to make a list of what I think are some of the important points that I don't think have actually been confirmed by MSM yet before they begin to feel like facts on here ;)

Fabulous post, Sarah. Thank you. I believe that you are correct about your items, and have injected some clear thinking truths into this discussion.

We do not know many of these things. Not when the FB was deactivated. Not which neighbour is saying what. Many presumptions are being made, so it is great to see that someone is keeping track. :)

Welcome Sarajanekate

Wow catching up this is going quick. If all these new things are correct - throwing out there something to ponder
The neighbours are off but ... could they be good friends call the hubby say she's had drinks hubby can't then get hold of her so the neighbour is called back to check ( by hubby) on wife - to me this would not be weird if she is a recovered drinker. We have checked on a young neighbour for hubby once who had an illness
Maybe relapses every now and then and it brings on the depression. This would cause immediate search response . Marathon running may be her sober addiction. Doesn't make her any less of a good person we all have demons of some sort.

Maybe Elisa was upset or not well and was in bed already and then the neighbour comes back for a chat and Elisa hops back into bed. You would have to be fairly close with someone to do that. I think they were more close friends than just neighbours.

My sister often deactivates her fb account, when she wants a break from social media, not something to worry about, just something she does. (Not me though, I'm addicted) If it's not typical behaviour for Elisa, however, it could be a very important point. It certainly stood out to me.

I know someone who deactivates their FB account every time they go on holiday. They have a great time and get into what they are doing and seeing. Then they return and reactivate. We could be making far too much of a big deal about the FB thing. It could have been deactivated weeks ago, or prior to school hoidays.

About facebook, I rarely log out , so just open the page and there it is!

As a crazy animal lover, I would leash my dog until I came to a safe area and then let him off leash, and tuck the leash in my pocket so he would not trip or tangle. Labs are incredibly smart and have a brilliant sense of smell, consequently used to detect drug/bomb/quarantine activities. I'm surprised the lab didn't make it straight back to the home address.

BBM. Unless the dog was frightened to go home to the home address??

Strange as all get out... the flyer is brutal don’t you think?

brutal!... it is so tough it could run it's own marathon. I simply do not see the purpose in releasing that kind of information at THIS STAGE of the operation.. there is utterly and absolutely no reason ,. even the police don't think there is a remote chance that she is alive at this point, so why this particular flyer with its pernicious , gratuitous assassination of character of someone who, for what ever reason, is probably dead!.. and it is 90/10 that someone else brought about her death.

so what purpose it's meant to serve escapes me. it doesn't enhance or expand the area or ways of finding her, therefore what purpose does it serve, except that of diminishment?

If the source of her having depression and being an alcoholic is her husband or "a neighbour" I don't know if they would be reliable...

I'd like to know the source of a hell of a lot of the info that's seeping out, dribble by dribble..

brutal!... it is so tough it could run it's own marathon. I simply do not see the purpose in releasing that kind of information at THIS STAGE of the operation.. there is utterly and absolutely no reason ,. even the police don't think there is a remote chance that she is alive at this point, so why this particular flyer with its pernicious , gratuitous assassination of character of someone who, for what ever reason, is probably dead!.. and it is 90/10 that someone else brought about her death.

so what purpose it's meant to serve escapes me. it doesn't enhance or expand the area or ways of finding her, therefore what purpose does it serve, except that of diminishment?

Sadly it's the police who've issued that flyer. If it's not true, someone is in trouble for printing them up. You'd think mentioning a 'medical condition' would be sufficient.

That is an excellent point you have made about the facebook page. Did she delete it as "reported" or has it just been carelessly reported like that to create drama??? I wonder.

It doesn't help find her at all, what it does is smear her reputation publicly and permanently - people often believe what they've first heard about someone even if it's not true. who is the smear coming from and why?

On the face of it here's an attractive middle aged woman who seemingly has it all, she is highly educated and her past employment isnt to be sneezed at with research assistant and then at ASIC, has a hubby with a good job, 3 kids possibly in private school and a European car going by her comment in the paper, very nice home in Surrey hills, nice holiday house at Aireys inlet, she is very fit, runs marathons.

Something is very off

Makes me angry that someone has the audacity to put this on a flier.
And it reminds me of all the attempted smears against Karen Ristevski.

This has nothing to do with finding Elisa.

Asked about her mental health in a press conference on Thursday, Inspector Seel said: "I don't think that takes that any further as far as the search goes"
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...earance-has-cops-baffled-20171005-gyurf7.html

I know someone who deactivates their FB account every time they go on holiday. They have a great time and get into what they are doing and seeing. Then they return and reactivate. We could be making far too much of a big deal about the FB thing. It could have been deactivated weeks ago, or prior to school hoidays.

So true SA. I was at the airport recently and I said to my travelling companion how big brother it was that Telstra were texting me saying we see you are in international departures and a spiel about data ect. My companion said yes that is why I deactivate my fb on and off all the time .

That is an excellent point you have made about the facebook page. Did she delete it as "reported" or has it just been carelessly reported like that to create drama??? I wonder.

As it wasn't reported, neither was the leash, it's guess work. But if Elise never logged out of fb, anyone can open the page and do whatever but then again it could have been Elise herself deactivating that night or ages ago as SA suggested.

Well he did have 3 children with him so i imagine it would be difficult to go missing for all that time without them noticing. CCTV would make it risky for hubby to get back. Kids would be witnesses to him being absent unless they were drugged (i know that sounds awful but you just never know). Very sad situation :(

It is very convenient that the last person to see her is the one claiming the marriage problems, as it appears to go.

I am sure if you tried you could use only back roads to get from Melbourne to AI - but the ring road has cameras. You'd still be on CCTV somewhere but 5 days in they aren't going to have that yet I imagine. It is a good 2 hours from SH to AI using the main roads. She was last seen at 1030 and he was there at 9am. I mean - I guess he could have been on the road before she was last seen to give him some extra time but come on, really? 6+ hours of driving, with no clue from the children that dad was MIA, in a 12 hour window?

I really am surprised that everyone is pointing the finger at the husband based purely on him being the husband. Poor bugger.

The grand final is a really big deal. He had three children with him. The siren doesn't go at 530 and you are home at 6 for dinner. I think the police would know PDQ if those kids hadn't actually been to the GF.

I agree with your first paragraph about marriage problems.

I don't know Surrey Hills or Melbourne really, but I took my kids to the MCG for a preliminary final match last year and it didn't take long to get out of there and walk to the closest train station. Less than 30 mins for sure.

I didn't say backroads from Melbourne to Airey's Inlet. I said bypass Geelong(thus avoiding cctv cameras in town etc) and go via the ring road. Of course there could be cctv out there in melbourne or wherever that has evidence... Or he could have used another car..

Everything else is purely what you have assumed and not what I said.

Have police spoken to the kids?

So phone is missing - but switched off.
She usually wears her fitbit when she runs - but it was left home.
Dog was found wandering, with a leash attached.

Re: the neighbours. What if she was already in bed when the neighbour came back over - so the house was dark, she took time to answer the door, she was in PJs and clearly "was in bed". Neighbour has come back over to discuss something - maybe a "female issue" or a problem with her (neigbours) husband (like maybe, now my husband is asleep I'll nip back over to Elisa's place to cry on her shoulder about how awful he is). She had a quick chat and then she left and Elisa said "I'm going back to bed". That would make sense then for her to tell police "she was in bed when I saw her last".

And I agree I think sometimes the wording used by journalists can muddy the situation - I wish they'd just report verbatim what people say and not describe it in their own words.

FOUND IT - re the dog leash.

It wasn't a quote from msm, rather a member quote that I ran with.

Apologies.....

:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members