Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget daylight saving . Clocks went forward . Also the grand final was completely exhausting and I didn't have 3 little kids with me

Too true, it would of been like leaving Surrey Hills at 6am, even though leaving a aprox 7am to get to the holiday house at 9am.

...actually I think that was just an "oopsie" on the part of one of our dear WSers, who misread Mr. as Mrs., while reading an article...

I posted the quote from the media a while ago and I'm pretty sure it referred to Elisa as working there. Unless I read it wrong. I'll go back and have a look.

...actually I think that was just an "oopsie" on the part of one of our dear WSers, who misread Mr. as Mrs., while reading an article...

Yes, that was me

I'm positive I read it as Ms Curry but it was pointed out otherwise. The article may have been changed like the one above.

I find it suspicious that her phone was turned off too...and not turned back on!!!

A mother of 3 home alone. I'd want to be able to contact my kids or have them call me if need be.

Argh, so many unanswered questions!

Yes, that was me

I'm positive I read it as Ms Curry but it was pointed out otherwise. The article may have been changed like the one above.

Jeepers. I went back to the post and I too had read it as Ms. Weird.....

RSBM
So... now, are LE keeping the male neighbor low-key for a reason?
Or is this just another journalistic goof?
Hard to say, as especially on the DM, I often see mistakes with he/she, even within the same sentence. And even when referring to a definite she, as in the pregnant Duchess, they'll say he. Maybe even him!
so... there's that to add to more confusion.

Maybe it's due to gender fluidity.

I was at the understanding they 48 hours was the offical timeframe one would have to be missing before SES and police would set about looking for someone- an adult that is!
So before the police where called , were her friends and family contacted? Asked any questions? Did hubby ask neighbours?
How after her missing for what might be only hours they launch into full scale search is baffling to me? Curious [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have looked at this in other cases. The 48 hour waiting period is not correct, and has not been for quite some time.

You do not have to wait 24 hours to report someone as missing.
If you have serious concerns for the safety and welfare of a person, and their whereabouts is unknown, then you may immediately report them missing to local police by making a missing persons report.

The first twenty-four hours after the disappearance of a missing person are vital to the investigation. Early reporting allows families and police the best possible chance of a successful recovery.

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/someone-i-know-missing

All in one day, the neighbour with the Elisa in bed detail and now tomorrow police searching the immediate area around the house.

̄
So wait a minute... neighbour deciphering.

I recall, I think on a video, that RB said she saw Elisa before she (RB) went to work...and I, in my shameful way assumed she was the last to see her...
and even more shamefully assumed she worked the nightshift.
***My apologies to all!****
I wrote a few posts on this basis as well.
I am very very sorry.

So now, then, I have absolutely no idea at all when RB last saw Elisa.
I tried to find it, and actually came up with an article or two that said she last saw Elisa on Friday.

I give up.

But I'll check the videos once more.

And again - :sorry:

̄
So wait a minute... neighbour deciphering.

I recall, I think on a video, that RB said she saw Elisa before she (RB) went to work...and I, in my shameful way assumed she was the last to see her...
and even more shamefully assumed she worked the nightshift.
***My apologies to all!****
I wrote a few posts on this basis as well.
I am very very sorry.

So now, then, I have absolutely no idea at all when RB last saw Elisa.
I tried to find it, and actually came up with an article or two that said she last saw Elisa on Friday.

I give up.

But I'll check the videos once more.

And again - :sorry:

I initially thought that she too had been the last to see her.

In my mind RB had seen Elisa as she was about to go for a run with the dog.

Complete assumption on my part...

RSBM

Maybe it's due to gender fluidity.
:)
ya know... early on I do recall reading "he"... and thought I might have been been mistaken about RB -- then I realized that the name R(obbie) (as it was listed on the video) can be considered a male name, and perhaps they didn't actually see the individual. Also, I've seen it in print as R(obin) which is probably her actual name, and the other her nickname.
Anyway. Yes. I give up. :facepalm:

Her name was initially reported as Robin Jane Briggs.

State Emergency Service and CFA volunteers were stood down for the day on Wednesday afternoon and the search party is likely to be further reduced on Thursday to police who will focus on the immediate vicinity of the Aireys Street home.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/e...eys-inlet-search-goes-on-20171003-gytun0.html
(bbm)
Wowwie.... so.... she may be right around the corner from her own house...
after such a massive search effort. Well, I am sure the reponders are glad for the opportunity to hone their skills.... but that very well may turn out to be just one huge, and expensive training exercise. And dangerous, too.
Did somebody know something from the start, but kept quiet, with all that going on? Reprehensible.
Really want to know what beans were spilt today.

Too true, it would of been like leaving Surrey Hills at 6am, even though leaving a aprox 7am to get to the holiday house at 9am.

Call me crazy but I can’t for the life of me think of ONE of my family or friends that would get up and LEAVE at 6am to get back to the holiday home. (Unless it’s my Mum, she arrives at 6am) My 12 year old would have a breakdown if I did that to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but I can’t for the life of me think of ONE of my family or friends that would get up and LEAVE at 6am to get back to the holiday home. (Unless it’s my Mum, she arrives at 6am) My 12 year old would have a breakdown if I did that to her

Agree. Victoria still had a week of school holidays to go...

I have 2 young boys and none of us could get moving on Sunday (daylight saving sucks)

We have looked at this in other cases. The 48 hour waiting period is not correct, and has not been for quite some time.

Yes, it is encouraged, and a good thing, to report a missing person sooner rather than later now.

But, I believe Elisa's husband would of been required to provide to police genuine proof of some kind that Elisa's welfare in her disappearance was immediately, urgently and seriously compromised for such a multi-faceted expensive search to be orchestrated so quickly. i.e. proof of depression and suicidal tendencies - just an example.

Yes, it is encouraged, and a good thing, to report a missing person sooner rather than later now.

But, I believe Elisa's husband would of been required to provide to police genuine proof of some kind that Elisa's welfare in her disappearance was immediately, urgently and seriously compromised for such a multi-faceted expensive search to be orchestrated so quickly.

Especially that it would have been clear from the get go that her bed had been slept in.

It is very odd how the run late on Saturday night was focused on.

It does confirm for me that the husband has stated that she was going on a jog that night.

She was a regular early morning runner. It has never been said that it was normal for her to run at night.

One would assume that she had gone for a run in the morning when she wasn't there in the morning when the husband arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smjosephson