Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I got the feeling that he was genuine in his media plea, almost a little exasperated. As in "here we go again" . Could be way off the mark but that was the feeling I got . Let's hope she is found safe and well.

Agreed

Would a person suffering from depression - if that is the case - go to ground or harm herself and leave her young children dangling? With so many questions and no finalised outcome?

Genuine question, as I cannot see a mother doing this to her little ones. Not an intelligent woman who appears to care about many things, according to her published comments and interactions.

She may have done similar years ago, but perhaps before children.

Surely there would be a note somewhere, or a journal for her children. Something to tell them how much she loves them, to do good with their lives, to know she will always be with them in their hearts. Is a depressed person so self-focused that they would not consider the lasting ramifications on their children, of disappearing or harming themselves and not being found?

She is a note writer.. about anything.. Taking a cue from her public writings, that is , the stuff that gets printed in the letters to the editor, I am mightily surprised if this is a case of suicide that she has not left a whole swag of notes to various people, advising them of this, exhorting them to do that, disagreeing with their long held views ( and having the last word ) I mean,, she took time out, just before the siren for the first quarter of a GRAND FINAL , compelled to throw her sixpence worth in on a national pastime, including throwing a blanket of admiration for AU worst prime minister... . this is the action of a woman utterly committed to having her views , however absurd , taken as seriously as a papal bull,... . there has to be a note , if she was checking out. A lifetimes advice for each child, if only directions on how to hang up that private primary school pure wool elegant blazer.. what if they just rolled it up ? ...

Suicide.... I don't see her going out in a wisp of mist.. . at all.

She is a note writer.. about anything.. Taking a cue from her public writings, that is , the stuff that gets printed in the letters to the editor, I am mightily surprised if this is a case of suicide that she has not left a whole swag of notes to various people, advising them of this, exhorting them to do that, disagreeing with their long held views ( and having the last word ) I mean,, she took time out, just before the siren for the first quarter of a GRAND FINAL , compelled to throw her sixpence worth in on a national pastime, including throwing a blanket of admiration for AU worst prime minister... . this is the action of a woman utterly committed to having her views , however absurd , taken as seriously as a papal bull,... . there has to be a note , if she was checking out. A lifetimes advice for each child, if only directions on how to hang up that private primary school pure wool elegant blazer.. what if they just rolled it up ? ...

I agree. She would have left a note and given the Police have stated that there was no evidence of suicide then I would assume there hasn't been a note found...

Ignore that comment. It's not someone who went missing years ago. It's someone else's name that was tagged in response.

I would hardly call this before social media but i remember it quite well being in MSM at the time. I just assumed... So i don't have to go back and check, are you sure it was a tag? I didn't notice it was blue, or do you think an incorrect tag? I'll go back & check lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-the-downfall-of-a-high-flying-barrister.html

I would hardly call this before social media but i remember it quite well being in MSM at the time. I just assumed... So i don't have to go back and check, are you sure it was a tag? I didn't notice it was blue, or do you think an incorrect tag? I'll go back & check lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-the-downfall-of-a-high-flying-barrister.html

---the orange "MWS?" comment is just that person asking the op, if he means EC might be something like fhe MWS case...

Yes, I understand that. And am so sorry that people can suffer like this.

I guess I don't understand leaving no supportive communication for the children, no loving words to sustain them ... even if a person does feel as though they are doing them a favour.

Surely, if Elisa had left such a thing(s), the search would have immediately been due to fear of an untimely death, with many Beyond Blue statements showing below all the articles.

I meant to add before too that I also find it totally hard to fathom. Especially as a parent. So many unanswered questions. But since loosing someone who we tried to save for so long I now think sometimes everything has been said in their eyes maybe ?? It's difficult to understand and realistically we only ever guess after the fact really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aren't they usually indented if they are replys to a post within a post - but some people don't know what the frigg they are doing when replying, which just makes it that much more confusing. i give up :)

Yep... but it happens. A lot!

I meant to add before too that I also find it totally hard to fathom. Especially as a parent. So many unanswered questions. But since loosing someone who we tried to save for so long I now think sometimes everything has been said in their eyes maybe ?? It's difficult to understand and realistically we only ever guess after the fact really.

Yes totally hard to get ones head around. But sadly it happens.

---the orange "MWS?"
was that person asking the op, if he means EC might be something like fhe MWS case...

exactly... just went back to look at FB & people are quite confused by these comments, i think the person is just saying - here we go, another such-&-such case...

I don't see suicide either Trooper. If it was not a tragic accident on Sunday morning when possibly out with the dog, walking, then there is the strong possibility of foul play. Still want it confirmed if the dog was found with it's lead attached.

I feel that Elisa has unfortunately committed suicide, and her body washed to sea. I believe she may have had Bi-Polar disorder (formerly called Manic Depression). Her excessive writing/musings at times, may be indicative of hypergraphia (excessive writing) which can be a hallmark of mania. Her running too may indicate she had excess energy to burn at times, yet have been low in energy at other times (depression). High intelligence actually increases BP prevalence. I have BP, high intelligence and am a 42 year old woman - I can relate to this case and her mental health crises. BP is often not picked up quickly, it may have been that she was getting inadequate help if she was being treated for unipolar depression, rather than BP. BP has the highest addiction rate of all mental health disorders too, thus her alcoholism (if true) may relate to this disorder. BP also carries the highest suicide rate of all mental health conditions. Wishing her peace wherever she may be and to her family.

Throughout both threads there has been several comments regarding suicide notes, "why didn't EC leave one", "surely she would have left one if that was her intention", "she was a prolific letter writer so she definitely would have left one", "she has children and there's no way someone would leave their children wondering" etc.
So I thought I would add some information regarding statistics to do with suicide notes, as it might be of interest. Leaving a suicide note is MUCH less common than you might think, and many, many more people leave no note at all than do leave a note, women are much less likely to leave a note, people who take their life at home are more likely to leave a note, people who use a physical method outdoors (hanging, jumping from a building/bridge/cliff, jumping in front of a train, for example) are less likely to leave a note, people with children are no more or less likely to leave a note, and people who have had a previous diagnosis of mental illness are less likely to leave a note. And notes are often not explanatory, but say no more than "I'm sorry". (It's not limited to this, but I thought this information felt relevant)
There are a lot of quite fascinating studies in this area, and it's not always what you might instinctively imagine.

Your point about the note writing is something I am struggling to fathom. I commented to South Aus regarding understanding when they don't but this part still niggles me - I feel like it's off she didn't have the last word (I do not mean this at all in a negative tone)
I really can't decide either way about what had happened.
My posts are so contradictory at the moment - apologies x

I did not expect she would have left a suicide note. I feel she has Bi-Polar disorder, which carries high suicide risk. In Bi-polar mixed states (depressed but agitated, irrational), there is a high suicide risk due to impulsive and irrational thinking. So sad.

I feel her excessive note-writing, is a hallmark of Bi-Polar disorder, termed 'hypergraphia'.

aren't they usually indented if they are replys to a post within a post - but some people don't know what the frigg they are doing when replying, which just makes it that much more confusing. i give up :)

...although I don't think you can reply to a reply in fb...
Only reply to a comment.
but I'm not positive. I give up too! :thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members