Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes I know 2 October. I was wondering who described the clothing.
The friend, the neighbours or the person that was said to see her walking at about 8 am on the Sunday morning.
Were these clothes missing or found at the house?
It was said that hubby could not say what was missing - clothes wise.

I guess whoever it was, wasn't considered very credible.

Good find sosocurious...I never came across that in the early days and certainly never heard another detective speak on the case apart from Inspector Seel

I think maybe that description was when they thought she had run at night .last seen wearing that ? Once they realised her bed was slept in they discounted the clothing description . Perhaps also they found those items in the house . but I don't spose you'd be seen getting into bed with a cream jacket . But that information came later too .

Body found on beach believed to be missing Melbourne mother
7 News

‘It's believed human remains found on a beach near Anglesea on Victoria's Surf Coast belonged to mother of three, Elisa Curry.’

Newsreader: ‘Police are not treating the discovery as suspicious.’

Source:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/37434292/body-found-on-beach-believed-to-be-missing-melbourne-mother/
I wonder if there has actually been a positive identification, or if this is just 7 News running with the connection. No other news seems to be reporting it as yet.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I wonder if there has actually been a positive identification, or if this is just 7 News running with the connection. No other news seems to be reporting it as yet.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

That the remains found on the back beach are thought to be those of Elisa seems to be the general tone of most of the recent MSM articles. Of course, until they are positively identified by a pathologist, there is always a chance they aren’t. We should know the results by early next week.

I think maybe that description was when they thought she had run at night .last seen wearing that ? Once they realised her bed was slept in they discounted the clothing description . Perhaps also they found those items in the house . but I don't spose you'd be seen getting into bed with a cream jacket . But that information came later too .

SS Wilby - in that early interview said.
*If anything it would be the following morning she went for a run.
*We don't believe she went for a run on Saturday night.
*She has gone to bed

https://www.3aw.com.au/mother-of-three-missing-on-victorias-surf-coast/

Just musing aloud about this sad case....
Would she take along her dog if she planned to throw herself of a cliff? Seems something a pet-lover would not do. Of course she could have distracted the dog but still that would leave her pet in a fairly vulnerable situation.
I think LE must have other clues to so quickly dismiss as not suspicious...
A note. A past attempt or reference to intentions.
I don't suppose there would be any evidence of an accidental fall so long after the fact but that is the only other non-suspicious death I can imagine in this case...

Just musing aloud about this sad case....
Would she take along her dog if she planned to throw herself of a cliff? Seems something a pet-lover would not do. Of course she could have distracted the dog but still that would leave her pet in a fairly vulnerable situation.
I think LE must have other clues to so quickly dismiss as not suspicious...
A note. A past attempt or reference to intentions.
I don't suppose there would be any evidence of an accidental fall so long after the fact but that is the only other non-suspicious death I can imagine in this case...

I have trouble thinking she'd take the dog along if that was her plan. I imagine the dog would be at least somewhat likely to endanger itself trying to rescue her.

My feeling is she went for a run/suicide on her own and the dog likely escaped the yard after being left alone. Police made note that the dog had escaped several times before.

I'm just thinking about the remains being pieces of a body. Do you think this would be caused by a shark or do you think the body hitting those massive cliff faces / rocks would be enough to break a body apart.

I did read a theory online that she was running on the great ocean road up towards Anglesea and perhaps a car hit her and panicked and threw her into ocean but surely they'd be a witness or 2 to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the timeline of dog. If the dog was with Elisa and they went out together on Sunday and the remains found are actually identified as being Elisa, and the dog was with Elisa when she died. How long would it take for the dog to find its way back home by itself. Would that fit with the dog being discovered late Monday afternoon.

I would have thought the dog would stay with its owner no matter what. Assuming the dog was with her.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

I've been kinda following, just read the last posts to see an update, so sorry if this has been discussed.
Would the remains had been in the water? Is that why they can't identify her? Since they said not to touch if more remains are found, does it mean it's not a whole body?
Ugh, so very sad if it's her.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
It is very common for police to say not to disturb a crime scene or anything suspicious we come across. Can interfere with vital evidence.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

With only some body parts found up till now and having been sent to pathology, is it still possible to find enough evidence as to whether that person has been murdered, died by accidental death or suicide? :thinking:

With only some body parts found up till now and having been sent to pathology, is it still possible to find enough evidence as to whether that person has been murdered, died by accidental death or suicide? :thinking:

These may help your understanding, tiddles:

http://m.forensicmed.webnode.com/pathology/bodies-recovered-from-water/

http://netk.net.au/Medical/Medical7.asp

http://forensicsforwriters.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/death-by-drowning-murder-suicide.html?m=1

The Victorian Coroner will determine COD at a later date, with or without an inquest, based on examinations of the remains by a forensic pathologist, police reports, medical records, etc.

I'm just thinking about the remains being pieces of a body. Do you think this would be caused by a shark or do you think the body hitting those massive cliff faces / rocks would be enough to break a body apart.

I did read a theory online that she was running on the great ocean road up towards Anglesea and perhaps a car hit her and panicked and threw her into ocean but surely they'd be a witness or 2 to that?

Remember police suggesting she might have been caught on rocks? I think this combined with currents/waves and sharks could cause dismemberment.

I think le will be able to tell if a car has hit her first from broken bone patterns maybe?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I would have thought the dog would stay with its owner no matter what. Assuming the dog was with her.
I do remember over the years reading of missing persons cases where their dog has turned up but not the missing person.

I would think it also depends what the dog was like, the dog's general behaviour, the dog's training and how quickly the dog get distracted by it's surroundings, trigger points... some run away from everyone and start wandering away in search of adventure if not on a lead and others stick as close as possible to their 'person' whether on on a lead or not...

i've had a brief look for her autopsy report but nothing - as yet - anyone seen anything?

It is really terrible when people say mothers don't commit suicide because of their love for their children. Think about what you are saying. Think about who is reading that. It happens all the time. I put the statistics out there, go look at my profile and read the post, and you can go find the stats for yourselves.

The most common cause of death of women Elisa's age is suicide. The majority of women in their 40s are mothers with still dependent children.

There will be people reading this whose mothers have committed suicide. Are you saying their mothers did not love them? If they were mentally well, they would not leave their children via suicide, plunging them into grief. Their mothers loved them, and they committed suicide, they are not mutually exclusive.

We have children and a will to survive by design, the preservation of life is a strong force. In some instances a desire to die is logical - in the face of terminal disease with no quality of life. But for the majority of suicides it is a glitch in the machine of the brain, and no love for anyone or future plans or having your dog with you or not can correct that.

Remember police suggesting she might have been caught on rocks? I think this combined with currents/waves and sharks could cause dismemberment.

I think le will be able to tell if a car has hit her first from broken bone patterns maybe?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

From one or two limbs?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member