GUILTY Australia - Eunji Ban, 23, murdered in Brisbane park, 24 Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/11/26/update-2-suspicious-death-brisbane-city-murder-charge/

November 26, 2013 at 6:22 am

Detectives investigating the death of a woman in Brisbane City on November 24 have charged a man with murder.

A 19-year-old Spring Hill man is due to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

A 22-year-old woman, a Korean national, was located deceased in Wickham Park on Sunday morning.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

Thank goodness!! That poor woman - she just looks so tiny and physically vulnerable - and like such as sweet person. It's just tragic. So glad they got him!!!!:jail:

Oh thank goodness. Thanks for the link MTBiker. Swift and sure action by Qld police! So good to hear. It won't bring Eunji back, but it hopefully will stop any further victims at this person's hands. And may it be some comfort to Eunji's family that this murderer WILL pay for his terrible crime!

Great police work ... great assistance from the community and city of Brisbane!

I'm wondering if the perp was a homeless person who hung out in the park, hence the speedy arrest, since they have not released CCTV or needed help from the public.

Given that the teenager, Alex Reuben McEwan, is described as being from "Spring Hill", he was most likely some junkie lodged up at Roma House or somewhere like that. Back in 2000 a bunch of (Aboriginal) youths brutally attacked a cyclist, Peter Cribb, underneath the Victoria Bridge and threw his body into the water. He is a vegetable for life now. Some of them were living either at Roma House or another place nearby. What a waste...we would have been better off throwing THEM off a bridge, just as we would have been better off letting this Alex McEwan O.D. or whatever.

I'm sure his government-funded lodgings were the place he was headed back to as soon as he realised she was dead. This would involve him heading through Wickham Park.

I guess it's too late to do anything now, except for a judge to (hopefully) lock him up for life and throw away the key. I don't want to see this loser get decades shaved off his sentence because he was either drunk or high at the time ('diminised responsibility') or because he 'had a hard life', etc.

Well done Queensland Police!!
I'm so glad this person has been taken off the street.
He faces court this morning so there should be more news soon about this.

Prayers for Eunji's family.
:rose:

Teen charged with the murder of Eunji Ban

November 26, 2013

"Police have successfully applied to the court to take DNA samples from the teen accused of killing Korean woman Eunji Ban in Brisbane's CBD.

Alex Reuben McEwan, 19, had consented to police obtaining forensic samples from him as part of their ongoing investigation."

"During his court appearance, Mr McEwan sat in the dock with his back to the public gallery and covered his face with the sleeve of his oversized brown prison jumper.

One arm was bandaged.

He was remanded in custody and his case set for mention on December 16."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...h-the-murder-of-eunji-ban-20131125-2y68q.html

Alex McEwan, 19, charged following murder of Korean girl Eunji Ban on central Brisbane street

NOVEMBER 26, 2013 12:18PM

"Alex Reuben McEwan, of Spring Hill, remained quiet with his back to the public gallery in brisbane Magistrates Court during a three-minute hearing just minutes before noon on Tuesday.

Magistrate Jacqui Payne ordered McEwan - dressed in a brown prison issue tracksuit top and shorts - be held in custody for further mention until December 16.

She also granted a police application for a forensic order to take DNA and or samples from McEwan for testing."

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-brisbane-street/story-fnihsrf2-1226768232710

Well, he's not homeless then....

I seriously hope that this wasn't racially motivated :maddening:

I predict Opportunity Crime......

Any guy with a shirt off in the early hours mean a couple of things.

Glad to see this resolved, hope the next thing we hear is an arrest out of Melbourne, just gotta keep positive on that....

Brisbane teen faces murder charge

November 26, 2013

"WEARING an oversized prison shirt and shielding his face from reporters, Alex Reuben McEwan sat in a Brisbane court dock accused of murdering a young Korean woman.

Slender with short brown hair, McEwan looked like a typical 19-year-old - except he is charged with killing 22-year-old Eunji Ban."

- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-fn3dxiwe-1226768351701#sthash.mbbSsv48.dpuf

I predict Opportunity Crime......

Any guy with a shirt off in the early hours mean a couple of things.

Glad to see this resolved, hope the next thing we hear is an arrest out of Melbourne, just gotta keep positive on that....

I think he may have been wearing a shirt at the time but after he killed her he ditched it....probably because it was covered in blood.

Oh dear such a sad sad story. Can only think that the culprit was looking for money for drugs. The area is such a mix of the wealthy people and those 'on the bones of their *advertiser censored*- looking for the next hit' type people.

Three of the best schools in Brisbane have to put up with the halfway houses of druggy psycho reprobates as neighbours. Regularly there are police parked outside of these places monitoring and arresting. The schools all have security detail to make sure these halfway house people don't come on to school grounds. But it could have easily have been a Brisbane high school student out accidentally on the street at night being targeted - as this is obviously just a senseless killing.

The poor girl and her family what a total waste of life. She was probably looking to get English experience to lift her promising career further, and working as a lowly cleaner to achieve her goals. And some idiotic f_kwit decided he needed money for a drug hit. I have total respect for these hard working people who come legally to Australia and work to better themselves. And I have no respect for the scum who killed this girl who's world was just beginning for her.

So many questions still, wish we had more transparent justice!

An artist's sketch of alleged killer Alex Reuben McEwan, 19, facing court in Brisbane

art-Alleged_killer-620x349.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...f-eunji-ban-20131125-2y68q.html#ixzz2ljne7GAn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back