GUILTY Australia - Eunji Ban, 23, murdered in Brisbane park, 24 Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
28wnx3q.jpg
Screen shot from video: Attacked here then dragged across the road to stairs leading to park
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-26/19yo-man-remanded-in-custody-over-korean-womans/5117530

BRISBANE residents will tomorrow mourn the death of Eunji Ban - the 22-year-old woman murdered in a CBD park on Sunday.

The Afternoon of Remembrance will take place at Wickham Park in the Brisbane CBD, located off Albert Street and Turbot Street, directly behind the Brisbane Dental Hospital.

Donations will also be raised at the end of service, the proceeds of which will be used for the victim's funeral and her family.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226768232710

This is so sad, I really feel for Eunji's family and loved ones. Imagine letting your daughter go to a country which is generally considered safe to further her career and to experience life and for it to crash and end so suddenly, so shockingly. It's just terrible. Words can't describe it.

I'm glad they have caught someone for this shocking crime and I hope they get answers and I hope justice is served. Not a kick in the butt, not a petty little time for this - we need to show the people who commit these crimes that we are serious and they won't be tolerated.

My guess - he was high on drugs and either is racist or he got rejected by some woman and just took it out on Eunji for a hate of women.

May you Rest in Peace Eunji.

Completely agree, alicat. As a fellow lifetime Brisbane resident I feel so sad (and angry) about this poor lady's brutal murder.

FYI, I visited what I'm pretty sure was this Alex Mcewan's Facebook page this morning. It's been taken down now, but it had one picture of him (he looked kinda tall and thin, with dark brown hair). Most of his info was not entered or was private, but under relationship status it had "it's complicated". So maybe this loser has been dumped recently by some half-sensible girl, and now he hates the world and everyone in it? Maybe he was out at night for some kind of revenge root/rape? Like that young teenage guy in South Australia who stabbed that girl he was interested in and her parents a few years ago?

Whatever his "reason/s" though (and it could alternatively be as simple as being a junkie and getting high on drugs), I hope the judge locks him up and throws away the key. He didn't know this girl. She didn't hurt him or owe him money. This was a 100% act of deliberate, cold, calculated murder, even if it was done so rather quickly (e.g. after she walked near/past him). He didn't even try to help her once he realised she was badly hurt/dying. He didn't even hand himself in afterwards. He should never be allowed to set foot on Brisbane soil (outside of jail) ever again!

Last of all, I hope someone who knows this guy posts his picture/s all over social media / the internet. For what little it's worth, we might as well shame the <modsnip> if we can...

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/teen-charged-with-the-murder-of-eunji-ban-20131125-2y68q.html

During his court appearance, Mr McEwan sat in the dock with his back to the public gallery and covered his face with the sleeve of his oversized brown prison jumper.
One arm was bandaged.

: (

That could indicate that he "king hit" her (when you do this, without any kind of protection like boxing gloves, you can fracture your hand pretty badly, depending on the circumstances). More info is needed, though.

Alternatively, maybe she bit or cut him somehow on his arm. The fact that he apparently had to discard of his shirt could mean that she put up some kind of struggle. I sure HOPE she hurt him...a LOT.

Either way...it's good to at least know that the police appear to have a heck of a lot of evidence against him.

EUNJI Ban was the victim of a random thrill killing, dying at the hands of a Brisbane teenager who had fantasised about murder since he was a child, police will allege.

Police will allege *McEwan believed from childhood he would grow up to be a killer - often dreaming about it or drawing pictures of savage murders.

McEwan went out on Sunday morning with the express purpose of killing someone and Ms Ban was the first person to cross his path, police will allege.

It is expected police will allege when officers arrested McEwan he was wearing a fresh plaster cast for a broken hand sustained in the attack

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n-a-path-to-kill/story-fnii5v71-1226769108484

McEwan allegedly screamed at Ms Ban to die as he repeatedly punched and stomped her and placed his shirt in her mouth to stifle her screams.Police will claim he then dragged Ms Ban up a set of concrete and stone steps and hid her body behind a tree. The accused killer allegedly left items in the branches

During the attack, police say McEwan lay down next to Ms Ban in the hope passing cars would suspect the pair to be a drunken couple - See more at:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-e6frg6n6-1226769108484#sthash.PvjcOziT.dpuf

EUNJI Ban was the victim of a random thrill killing, dying at the hands of a Brisbane teenager who had fantasised about murder since he was a child, police will allege.

Police will allege *McEwan believed from childhood he would grow up to be a killer - often dreaming about it or drawing pictures of savage murders.

McEwan went out on Sunday morning with the express purpose of killing someone and Ms Ban was the first person to cross his path, police will allege.

It is expected police will allege when officers arrested McEwan he was wearing a fresh plaster cast for a broken hand sustained in the attack

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n-a-path-to-kill/story-fnii5v71-1226769108484

Oh GOD! He's an absolute MONSTER!

Where the Hell is the death penalty when you need it? Life in prison isn't a 'terrible' outcome...but I'd feel much better with this "person" six feet under.

So...had he offended before? Or did he progress straight from law abiding citizen to cold blooded murderer? :-(

On a related note, thank God we didn't listen to all the 'civil libetarians' 25+ years ago who were all up in arms about CCTV cameras being installed throughout the city. Today, the help us ensure that people like this guy usually only get to bash or murder ONCE before being locked away, and not commit multiple or endless series of bashings/killings before the police find them.

Family of murdered woman Eunji Ban say they were missing their 'princess'

NOVEMBER 27, 2013

"Six weeks after arriving in the country in mid-October, Eunji was embracing the Australian lifestyle.

She was studying English and Spanish and making new friends."

"No-one could have missed her more than Sook Bun Jung. She lavished her daughter with maternal flattery: "My princess, why did you lose so much weight?"

Eunji shrugged off the compliment, telling her mother she was eating ice-cream: "No, I haven't lost any weight. Mum, you're too kind."

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...g-their-princess/story-fnihsrf2-1226769123013

City slept as Eunji Ban walked to her death

NOVEMBER 27, 2013

"THE sun rises early in Queensland - but not early enough to greet Eunji Ban as she stepped from her Parkland Boulevard apartment tower into the street.

It was Sunday. Four in the morning. One of the few times the city is silent."

2vnm1k2.jpg

"Eunji moved away from the swinging glass door into a courtyard bright with manicured greenery.

She followed the street lights to the path across the road. Down the kerb. Past the agapanthus. Over the bitumen and up the kerb."

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ked-to-her-death/story-fnihsrf2-1226769088746

I wish the police would have withheld those grizzly details until her poor parents got her body home. It seems very wrong and inappropriate to me for the police to have released that at such a sensitive time for them, as secondary victims. Poor form. MOO

Friends and strangers leave tributes to "a beautiful woman" at the site of her brutal murder

November 27, 2013

"Friends said Ms Ban was a "beautiful" woman who was always positive.

Sora Kim said she had only known Ms Ban for a couple of days and was horrified by the murder.

"She was a very positive person," the 24-year-old said. "Every day she was smiling."

Others said she had loved her time in Australia and had worked hard at her studies in English.

Friend Jun Choy, 22, said he met Ms Ban through church three weeks ago and was shocked at her death.

"She was a really sincere Christian," he said".

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...er-brutal-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226769121205

Read more: The last person you would dream of being connected to a killing

November 27, 2013

"A first-year spraying painting apprentice lived with his parents and teenage sister in a Spring Hill apartment complex on Leichhardt St just a short walk from the murder scene.

The McEwans moved in to the Spring Hill apartment complex after selling their previous home at Coorparoo, where neighbours yesterday told a story of a friendly family."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildandfree
Back