Australia - father accused of trying to kill family in housefire, 3 of 7 children killed - Lalor Park NSW - July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.facebook.com/sherele.mo...YssmHoZAvaxBpclUZiaUMCHlMxqzQ&__tn__=<,P-R]-R

Sherele Moody

In 1997, I walked into a newsroom for the first time. On April 24 of 2024, I walked out of a newsroom for the last time. I've had many proud moments in my 27 years as a journalist - amazing awards, life-changing articles, setting up Australian Femicide Watch and telling hundreds of stories about brave survivors of violence including countless Australians who have lost loved ones to violence.
However, the day I walked away from the media is my proudest.
At the age of 53, I feared for my financial and housing security but my heart and my head knew it was time to stop earning an income from the misery our nation's media thrives on.
No longer do I work for an industry that glorifies men who kill women and children. No longer do I work for an industry that marginalises deeply marginalised people. No longer do I work for an industry that normalises misogyny, racism, homophobia or transphobia. No longer do I work for an industry that silences those who stand up for what is right and just.
Most importantly, no longer do I work for an industry that insists on publishing flattering good bloke rhetoric following the murders of women and children - like the material in these screenshots.
The reporting today in the wake of Dean Heasman allegedly burning three of seven children alive and also trying to kill their mum in Lalor Park reinforces how horrifyingly normal it is for journalists and editors to fall into the good bloke trope for clicks, time on page and subscriptions.
No journalist is beholden to publish glorifying material about killers.
When journalists and media outlets produce this content they reinforce the narratives that drive violence against women and children in this country.
Four weeks ago I started a new career where I will be the first point of contact for people on the worst days of their lives. The pay is low, the hours are long, the shifts are often overnight - but now I get to make a difference - albeit fleeting - in the lives of everyday Australians. They'll never know my name but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Neighbour who ran in to burning Lalor Park home to save children calls on community to rally around family​

Mr Hawkins said it was time to support the family as well as the emergency services workers who responded to the scene.

"Just look after each other," he said.

"I hope [the police and firefighters] can rest easy knowing they did the best they physically could."

I could cry for this poor woman and her kids.

Another vile excuse of a man thinking he has the right to take the lives of others :mad::mad: Just kill yourselves you scumbags.

Filicide seems to have 5 motivations as far as I can tell?;

Paranoia - the parent is afraid the kid is going to be harmed horrifically in a way they can't protect them from and it's better to die first to escape the suffering

Narcissism - the parent is planning to die and can't imagine how the kid could possibly survive without them, or ever get over their grief over their death

Possession - if parent can't have custody of the kid no one can

Revenge - parent getting back at other parent or even kid for something inevitably stupid

Control - how dare kid or other parent do something the parent doesn't want

https://www.facebook.com/sherele.mo...YssmHoZAvaxBpclUZiaUMCHlMxqzQ&__tn__=<,P-R]-R

Sherele Moody

In 1997, I walked into a newsroom for the first time. On April 24 of 2024, I walked out of a newsroom for the last time. I've had many proud moments in my 27 years as a journalist - amazing awards, life-changing articles, setting up Australian Femicide Watch and telling hundreds of stories about brave survivors of violence including countless Australians who have lost loved ones to violence.
However, the day I walked away from the media is my proudest.
At the age of 53, I feared for my financial and housing security but my heart and my head knew it was time to stop earning an income from the misery our nation's media thrives on.
No longer do I work for an industry that glorifies men who kill women and children. No longer do I work for an industry that marginalises deeply marginalised people. No longer do I work for an industry that normalises misogyny, racism, homophobia or transphobia. No longer do I work for an industry that silences those who stand up for what is right and just.
Most importantly, no longer do I work for an industry that insists on publishing flattering good bloke rhetoric following the murders of women and children - like the material in these screenshots.
The reporting today in the wake of Dean Heasman allegedly burning three of seven children alive and also trying to kill their mum in Lalor Park reinforces how horrifyingly normal it is for journalists and editors to fall into the good bloke trope for clicks, time on page and subscriptions.
No journalist is beholden to publish glorifying material about killers.
When journalists and media outlets produce this content they reinforce the narratives that drive violence against women and children in this country.
Four weeks ago I started a new career where I will be the first point of contact for people on the worst days of their lives. The pay is low, the hours are long, the shifts are often overnight - but now I get to make a difference - albeit fleeting - in the lives of everyday Australians. They'll never know my name but I wouldn't have it any other way.

This seems unfair to me.

Whenever something bad happens, people want to understand why. - Why did this happen?
Could anything have been done to prevent it? Can we prevent it happening again?
Is someone to blame? Does someone need to be punished?

Journalists start asking questions and reporting what people tell them.

That's all they've done here.

They've asked people questions like:
What was his behaviour like?
Did you ever see any warning signs?
How did he treat his kids and wife?

And they have just reported the answers they received

There's an increasing divide in journalism between people who report facts - ALL the news that's fit to print
And people who think facts should be filtered as decided by ideology - all the news that's FIT to print

Police will allege Dean Heasman, 28, dragged some of his seven children back into the burning house and stopped emergency services from fighting the flames and saving the kids.

Heasman allegedly held the door closed as his children screamed for help on the inside while police tried to tear the man away from the door, according to the Daily Telegraph.

A hero neighbour, who ran back into the burning house to rescue the children, Jarred Hawkins, allegedly fought off Heasman who wanted to hold them inside the house.

Mr Hawkins told media he panicked when he heard the children yelling.

“I heard a loud pop and sprinted over,” he said.

Mr Hawkins was wary speaking to the media, The Australian reported, and after being described as a hero, he responded by saying he “didn’t do it for that”.

Another neighbour, Damien Dubois, was shocked to awake to the sounds of windows cracking and gathered the children into his yard with a blanket.

Mr Dubois recounted the shocking moment the eldest son came out of the house with his father.

“When he came over, he had burns on both hands and arms,” Mr Dubois said.

He heard the child tell rescuers: “He tried to kill me. I nearly died”.

Dean Heasman, aged 28, a father of seven allegedly began his attack against his own family on Sunday about 1am by lighting a pillow on fire and launching it at his partner, The Daily Telegraph has reported.

A short time later an explosion went off which quickly engulfed the family home.

Experts are currently working to determine the cause of a secondary blast and whether an accelerant was used in what is suspected to be a premeditated attack.

Investigators also do not believe the pillow started the huge blaze, which eventually engulfed the house, and do not have a motive for why Heasman turned on his family.

Police will allege Heasman dragged some of his seven children back into the burning house and stopped emergency services from fighting the flames and saving the kids.

The young father, who was in a 10-year de facto relationship with Stacey Gammage, 29, the mother of his children, had no history of mental illness or domestic violence.

Heasman is currently fighting for life in Westmead Hospital and his condition is understood to have worsened on Monday.

Heasman is expected to be charged with murder if he survives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back