Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to The Chronicle, that is similar to what the initial report said. That Frances suffered injuries when a lawnmower she was moving rolled down an embankment at about 3am.

But (according to the article) investigators are puzzled why Frances would be using a lawnmower at that time, and her family is asking questions.

The police are questioning nearby neighbours, and have requested any possible CCTV.

Upon further investigations, the police deemed the circumstances suspicious. They spent two days gathering evidence.

(paraphrased from Police declare Upper Lockyer lawnmower rollover death of Frances Crawford as suspicious )

I am wondering if maybe Frances suffered a fatal blow to the head ... from "falling off a tumbling lawnmower".
The terrain looks pretty rugged, bits of branches in the way….

1722745370449.jpeg

I wonder if they have children, no mention of any so far.
I believe she had 3 children.

'This is a tragic incident.. Our hearts go out to the family, particularly the woman's three children, the community, her workplace, and also first responders that go to these types of jobs.'

The terrain looks pretty rugged, bits of branches in the way….

View attachment 522411
It’s hard to see accurately from here but it does look to me as if there may be a cleared, lawned area around the house. I can’t make out what that is on Left, in from the front of police 4WD. .. it could be a timber edging / retaining wall, or perhaps a garden bed.

Just because the alarm was raised around 3.00am, that doesn’t mean she was using the mower at that late / early hour. She may’ve been lying / injured since around 5.30 pm ( would be getting dark by then ), and only found around. 3.00 am.
Conflicting reports as to whether she was deceased when paramedics arrived, or passed after their arrival.. which in itself could point to the time of the ‘incident’.

I come from the bush & its not uncommon for country houses to be built on a hill top / raised area of the land, so there could be drop offs on the outer edges of the house plot. … but surely, even if inexperienced, one wouldn’t drive a ride-on mower to the edge !
If the embankment gave away, and machine & driver fell with it, I would think that would be obvious to investigators. But perhaps she wasn’t mowing in that area, she may perhaps have been trying to nuture a lawn in another area… too many variables & too many questions, and another tragedy for people to have to deal with.

I just hope it was an accident.

Just my thoughts. ..

I’ve looked up the weather for Upper Lockyer area on both the Monday and the Tuesday, as we don’t know if Frances was out on the ride-on mower on the Monday and perhaps not found until the Tuesday. It did get pretty damn cold I assume overnight. No rain to make the grass slippery, but I have no idea about the dew!

1722757172710.jpeg
1722757192847.jpeg

Just because the alarm was raised around 3.00am, that doesn’t mean she was using the mower at that late / early hour. She may’ve been lying / injured since around 5.30 pm ( would be getting dark by then ), and only found around. 3.00 am.

I think this could be why the police are asking for any possible CCTV. To see if stories line up. And maybe to see if anyone left and returned to the property before calling emergency services. Things like that.

I think they will be lucky to find any CCTV though, because the area properties look sparse and set back from the road.

Thanks Marg. How bizarre. She dies in a freak "incident" the week he comes back after being gone for a month.

Sunset in Lockyer, Queensland is now 5:25 PM. So, it would just had been a tad earlier than that a week ago.

And, that's a huge house! The "property" sounds like "hers"? Or owned by a relative?

The police do sound rather aggressive towards him in some of these statements.

I find it extremely odd that the husband told emergency services that his wife was “injured”, yet when the emergency services arrived, Frances was already dead. When you ring emergency services, they will instruct you to attempt to do CPR if you are able to reach the patient, and they will stay with you on the telephone until they arrive. I would assume the husband would know basic first aid in his role as a pilot, and should have been able to deduce if Frances was alive…..

Queensland Police on Friday revealed her husband Robert Crawford, an Airforce Squadron Leader, called emergency services to report his wife had been injured by a lawnmower, with paramedics arriving to find her already dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back