Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Shattered family of Frances Crawford make global plea for help after RAAF pilot husband Robert allegedly chased women on dating apps worldwide - as he is accused of her murder​

“Since the announcement, Ms Crawford's relatives - including some in New Zealand and in the Netherlands, where her parents are from - put out calls online for people to contact police.

'At the request of the family, please share!' a cousin in the Netherlands wrote.

'The more it is shared, the bigger the reach - information or tips are internationally sought!'

Another relative who shared the appeal wrote: 'If anyone knows anything about this please get in touch with Queensland Police.'

'Frances is my uncle's sister and the family is really hurting now.

'Your love and support would be appreciated.'

Shortly after Crawford's arrest, Queensland Police said people had reached out to detectives in recent days and thanked them for their 'bravery'.

In recent days, several family members and friend have also paid tribute to Ms Crawford by using a photo of her as their Facebook profile pictures.

His matter was heard before acting Magistrate Sue Ganasan at Ipswich Magistrates Court on Friday, where his lawyer Andrew McGinness asked for the case to be adjourned for two weeks.“

Ive been following. I have a connection to Toowoomba because I lived there from the ages 11 to 16. Good memories, so I am POd there's such a sleaze bag creep living in the area.

Anyway, no doubt the police quickly determined that poor Frances did not die in a lawnmower accident, at past 3:00 am on top of that.

Something else I'm thinking...maybe.
Since this Lothario had multiple girlfriends all over the world, and if a couple of those women thought the affair to be serious, perhaps she did a little digging. Like was he married for example, and wife's name would be listed listed in the records.
Here in the US, it's easy to do background checks, some are free and for more info you pay a little. I've done it myself. So many scammers these days often of the "romantic" type.
Who knows if one of these women was more cautious and found out about his situation, and even about his wife's death.
Quite a tip for police she'd have.

Though, I don't know if such public records background checks are available in Australia.

Regardless this arrogant self styled Cassanova made plenty of mistakes.

Condolences to Frances's loved ones. Really heartbreaking and unfair...

Last edited:
I wonder if any LE "rented" the home as an Airbnb for undercover investigating?
I am sure the hard working sloggers down at Stanley Street cop shop drew straws to see which compatible couple could do with a few days up at the Lockyer Valley, laying down the stress of the job.. play the baby grand, do a bit of pottery, check out all the floorboards and cupboards, check under the beds, and go thru the garage....as one does....

Would that be legal for the Police to rent the place and have a snoop around.
Something is telling me no.
Even if the Police paid/compensated someone else (directly or indirectly) to do it, or persuaded someone else to do it as a favour, or for leniency in any current or future charges they might face?

They could do it, but not as Constable Nosy and Sergeant Busy...the would be Mr and Mrs Happygolucky, from Grafton... they would be covert. .They could not remove anything from the property, but they could make notes....

It would be up to Crawford to suss out his paying guests..... something tells me, he would be slack in doing that, he thought he had it all nailed down....

Covert search warrant applications​

1) A police officer of at least the rank of inspector may apply to a Supreme Court judge for a warrant ("covert search warrant") to enter and search a place for evidence of a designated offence, organised crime or terrorism.

Queensland Consolidated Acts - POLICE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ACT 2000 - SECT 212

ETA: According to Wiki, Detective Superintendent George Marchesini's rank is higher than an inspector. Link

Last edited:

Covert search warrant applications​

1) A police officer of at least the rank of inspector may apply to a Supreme Court judge for a warrant ("covert search warrant") to enter and search a place for evidence of a designated offence, organised crime or terrorism.

Queensland Consolidated Acts - POLICE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ACT 2000 - SECT 212
And be permitted to use luminol, inspect the plumbing, and search any out buildings and the grounds for discarded weapons or other related items, I'd hope. Does the property have a septic tank?

And be permitted to use luminol, inspect the plumbing, and search any out buildings and the grounds for discarded weapons or other related items, I'd hope. Does the property have a septic tank?

This outlines their powers under a covert search warrant.

Seems that if it is included in the application, and approved, they can do a lot. Including use subterfuge (maybe rent an AirBnB).

- power to enter the place stated in the warrant (the "relevant place" ), covertly or through subterfuge, as often as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of the warrant and stay on it for the time reasonably necessary
- power to pass over, through, along or under another place to enter the relevant place
- power to open anything in the relevant place that is locked
- power to seize a thing or part of a thing found on the relevant place that the police officer reasonably believes is evidence
- power to photograph anything the police officer reasonably believes may provide evidence
- power to inspect or test anything found

POLICE POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ACT 2000 - SECT 219 Powers under covert search warrant

a lot of what the cheery couple, togged up in QLD gear and not police clobber, could , and would do, should they book in for a few days, is do they want him to know they've been lurking and snooping... I'd imagine not, so , for this jaunt, it would be looking only, measuring stuff, perhaps, and careful diligent eyeing off of all pertinent areas..... but if they wanted to , they could check in, and photograph every single metre of it...it would depend if they wanted the look/see to remain covert, or do they want to put the wind up him.......

a lot of what the cheery couple, togged up in QLD gear and not police clobber, could , and would do, should they book in for a few days, is do they want him to know they've been lurking and snooping... I'd imagine not, so , for this jaunt, it would be looking only, measuring stuff, perhaps, and careful diligent eyeing off of all pertinent areas..... but if they wanted to , they could check in, and photograph every single metre of it...it would depend if they wanted the look/see to remain covert, or do they want to put the wind up him.......

Yes, though he probably wouldn't notice if they took a few carpet fibres, or did a bit of swabbing.

I would imagine that IF he didn't allow searches inside the home, the police might have been elated to find out he was renting the place as an AirBnB.

Yes, though he probably wouldn't notice if they took a few carpet fibres, or did a bit of swabbing.

I would imagine that IF he didn't allow searches inside the home, the police might have been elated to find out he was renting the place as an AirBnB.
It will be interesting , SA, to find out just where Frances Crawford was murdered.. Him saying she was alive earlier should be taken with a dose of salts, too. He's been spinning a yarn from the start, and it's way past time to clear the whole thing up. She may have been dead for some time, much earlier than 3.40am

I'm surprised he didn't just flee. He knew it was coming.
Maybe he didn't want to drag someone else down.
Seriously, he is not alone. Does anyone think he is looking for a mate? His life is so compartmentalized that one can never know, of course, but I think he has someone stable on the side, maybe a child, too, and he is protective of them. This is exactly what is holding him. He will fight for his innocence in court, it won't be easy. But I hope that Australian police will play their cards well, and I wish them to get the full deck of them.
I think these were Bumble-Bees ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back