Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been so long! I keep looking too. Nothing on Pambos either.

MSM from July 30th 2014.
A fine farewell for one of the key players in the search for Gary Tweddle.
Good Luck and thank-you for all your efforts helping to bring The Missing, home.

Blue Mountains Gazette
Sergeant Ian Colless has been involved in some of the Mountains' highest profile search and rescue operations in his 21 years service at the Blue Mountains LAC.
For the past 12 years he has been Police Rescue's rescue co-ordinator, involved in attending and co-ordinating many search and rescue operations in the command, as well as participating in many state-wide operations.
Last Thursday he worked his final day in Springwood, before he takes up a promotion to duty officer at Rosehill LAC at Granville next week.

The 47-year-old took part in the search for Gary Tweddle last year, British backpacker Jamie Neale in 2009 and Sydney schoolboy David Iredale in 2006.

He said the search for Gary Tweddle involved the biggest deployment of emergency services and volunteers he had seen in his time in the Mountains.
Over the two-week search about 1000 people were involved, often bouncing ideas off each other during the long days.
"On the multi-dayers everyone puts in big hours," he said.
"Tweddle was memorable because the cops, volunteers and other agencies put in an amazing effort over those two weeks."

Pic:
Superintendent Darryl Jobson thanks Sergeant Ian Colless for his commitment to the Blue Mountains LAC at his farewell last Thursday.

:tyou:

Attachments

• S&R 2014.jpg
    S&R 2014.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 131
I did a search using "Gary Tweddle" and there were no results.

Makes me wonder if the Coroner is satisfied with the police report and findings, and Gary's family is as well, and there will be no inquest.

Makes me wonder if the Coroner is satisfied with the police report and findings, and Gary's family is as well, and there will be no inquest.

Isn't there always an inquest with an unexpected death, even if it's just to say "the evidence shows this was an accident"?

Isn't there always an inquest with an unexpected death, even if it's just to say "the evidence shows this was an accident"?

It always go to the Coroner if it is an unexpected death, but there is not always an inquest. The email reply I got from the Coroners court basically said that too. Depends if the Coroner feels that further inquiry in the form of an inquest is required, if he/she is not wholly satisfied with the police report, if he/she wants to hear from witnesses.

That is why families have to fight so hard to get an inquest sometimes - if they do not agree with the findings of the police and with the Coroner just reviewing and filing the matter.

27 Nov 2013
"I advise that the post mortem report and brief of evidence have not yet been filed in this matter. Once these are filed the matter gets allocated to a Coroner who will determine whether to dispense with the matter or hold an inquest. If the matter does go to inquest, you would be looking at a date in the latter half of 2014."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ntains-16-July-2013-3&p=10007580#post10007580

I just checked the Have you seen Gary Tweddle FB page to see if there was anything new there. It has been wiped clean. No photos, no previous info, nothing but a couple of old side comments from other people. Perhaps this is a sign that the case is now closed.

https://www.facebook.com/HaveYouSeenGaryTweddle?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Thanks for the update SouthAussie on the FB page,
I guess there comes a time to heal and remember loved ones in a different way than on Social Media.
I'll still keep an eye out for any news, but you might be right - the case has closed or was dealt with privately.

I kept a photo Album during the time of the search here on WS - there are 56 photos from MSM and my personal search photos and there is a video.
I am going to keep the Album available for viewing - reflecting back, it was the biggest search and rescue ever conducted in the Blue Mountains.

I'll check how to post a link to it.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/drug-dealer-linked-to-gary-tweddle-death-sent-to-jail-20141206-11zi3m.html

Court documents obtained by Fairfax Media reveal Mr Tweddle was intoxicated and trying to find his way to Penrith train station to buy five bags of cocaine from Pambos.

But the 23 year old got lost in bushland and was never seen again.

When Pambos saw news reports about Mr Tweddle's disappearance he ignored a call from police and threw his mobile phone away.

Don't know if anyone has noticed but this creep has a connection to the Carly McBride case. It's FB so I can't say, but he is a friend of someone close to Carly :shame:

Did he collect $1300 from his workmates to go buy drugs at Penrith? If that's the case I hope they all told the police and then all got sacked!

His colleagues helped him get into the passenger seat of a Leura-Katoomba Radio Cabs taxi.

The taxi driver, who did not wish to be named, says he remembered well the 10-minute trip to the hotel. ''He was wasted, seriously wasted,'' the driver said. The driver dropped the group off and they continued to drink in one of the rooms of the resort before they decided to take their night a step further. Security footage captures Tweddle running out of the Fairmont without his jacket or glasses. It is believed he wanted to meet Mr Pambos, who he had met on previous occasions in Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cocaine-arrest-sheds-light-on-tweddles-fatal-end-20130928-2ul59.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/drug-dealer-linked-to-gary-tweddle-death-sent-to-jail-20141206-11zi3m.html

Christopher Thomas Pambos was the only one who knew where Mr Tweddle was trying to get to on the night he vanished but kept silent as thousands joined the largest search ever conducted in the Blue Mountains.

Hundreds of friends, family and Oracle employees plastered missing posters on every corner of Leura and Katoomba as more than 800 police, firefighters and volunteers searched rugged terrain.
During this time police tracked Pambos down after finding his number on Mr Tweddle's iPad under a false name.
Pambos had already been arrested and appeared in court by the time Mr Tweddle's body was found on a cliff ledge at Katoomba, six weeks after his disappearance.
On November 14 this year, Pambos was finally sentenced to a maximum two years' imprisonment after pleading guilty to three supply related offences.

Pambos knew what had happened and didn't say anything!!
1,000 people were searching for Gary, and Pambos knew what went down that night.

I am a little confused about Gary trying to get to Penrith Train Station from Leura at the Resort.
I'm also surprised that Gary didnt mention to his party of friends where he was going to do the pick-up.
Even by car, its 45 minutes to an hour to drive to Penrith - And there are no trains at that time of night to get to Penrith from Leura.
Why did Gary not ring a taxi to take him to Penrith Station?
He was found in the opposite direction to the Main road - he really didn't have his bearings that night, it seems.

I still have questions about all this, but I'm glad for some of the answers as to what happened that night though.

The Police were very quiet about what they found when they found Gary...

Documents tendered at his sentencing detailed how Mr Tweddle died as a result of lung puncture caused after falling 23 metres from Sublime Point at Katoomba.
"There was no suggestion of foul play in the death of Mr Tweddle and his death is believed to be as a result of misadventure," the papers said.

Police said he was found wearing the same clothes he went missing in with a wallet containing his ID and $1300 cash.
An iPhone found 70 metres further down the cliff had no battery but showed Mr Tweddle had been using a compass and flashlight app at the time he fell.

Fig Tree, I've only found out about this twist today.
there's two differing amounts $1300 or $1500 to buy 5 bags of cocaine. Obviously the other workmates pitched in to buy and Gary knew Pambos from previous occasions so was elected to do the deal.

My problem here is at what point did his 'workmates' tell the police about the money, the dealer and where Gary was going.
I hope the bosses weren't involved in this drug deal!
Because it was a work event and *IF* Gary who was only 23 was elected to go then I'm sure there could be room for a legal suit happening.

I find it hard to believe Gary left the Hotel no Jacket Mid July in the Blue Mountains, however drunk he was it was COLD, to go to Penrith to get drugs. IMO Pambos was coming to him. I don't believe his statements.

I also believe his work mate knew full well what was happening.

Quote from: they'll get you...
Fig Tree, I've only found out about this twist today.
there's two differing amounts $1300 or $1500 to buy 5 bags of cocaine. Obviously the other workmates pitched in to buy and Gary knew Pambos from previous occasions so was elected to do the deal.

My problem here is at what point did his 'workmates' tell the police about the money, the dealer and where Gary was going.
I hope the bosses weren't involved in this drug deal!
Because it was a work event and *IF* Gary who was only 23 was elected to go then I'm sure there could be room for a legal suit happening.

In the print paper in the sms conversations Pambos quotes Gary "$1550 for 5 bags"
There is no mention of $1300 from Pambos.
Surely you don't turn up to your dealer being $250.00 short of the mark.

I don't get the time line either - especially related to the calls from colleagues to Gary - when Gary saying he was lost. Why were they calling Gary so quickly after he left?
The msm article stated that 'the CCTV captured a work colleague running after Gary soon after he left the Hotel, then the colleague returned.
What was that about?

Quote from: sleepinoz -
I find it hard to believe Gary left the Hotel no Jacket Mid July in the Blue Mountains, however drunk he was it was COLD, to go to Penrith to get drugs. IMO Pambos was coming to him. I don't believe his statements.

I also believe his work mate knew full well what was happening.

Pambos texted Gary at 23.30 (11:30pm) to say he would be at Penrith Station - ETA 60 min
Gary replied at 23.31 (11:31pm) - Í'm on my way
But Gary didn't leave the Hotel until 11:53pm (almost half an hour later)
Pambos' next sms at 23:59 (11:59pm) said Penrith Station ETA 35Min.

By my reckoning it takes an hour minimum to get to Penrith from Leura (driving) and an hour to return - plus meetup and deal time. Thats at least 2 and a half hours before Gary would have been expected to return to the Hotel with the drugs if he had been driving. Was he thinking he would hitch to Penrith? What was the plan for Gary to get to Penrith from the Hotel in 35 minutes - he was bound to miss Pambos by half an hour at least when he left the Hotel? I doesnt add up really to me.
How close did Gary think Penrith was to Leura? Its miles away!

Yes - there seems to be discrepancies here that don't add up for me either.
I saw today in the newspaper the online article. There is a running commentary on the SMS calls made between Pambos and Gary - I will write these in order when I get some time tonight - (if someone doesn't put them up beforehand) - but I recall early in the investigation here on WS that mentioned that there was a phone call from reception for Gary (or Gary made a call from reception desk) before he left - what was that call about? Was that to/from Pambos?

"Hey man. I'm in leura. Keen to pay whatever. Any chance for a delivery? Will pay BIG," said a text message sent at 11.15pm.
It was agreed the pair would meet at Penrith train station to make the exchange. This was a 45 minute drive from where Mr Tweddle was staying.
When Pambos arrived he parked in the station car park and sent Mr Tweddle three texts.
He waited 15 minutes but drove back to Sydney after failing to get a response.
Mr Tweddle sent his last text to Pambos at 11.50 and three minutes later he was captured on CCTV footage running out of Fairmont.

I always assumed that Gary ran out of the Hotel to meet up with Pambos somewhere near the Hotel - that would be 45 minutes from the time of organizing the deal call to the last call between them - 45 mins+ - enough time for Pambos to get to Leura driving.
Was Pambos seen by CCTV at Penrith Station?

After Gary ran from the Hotel... on CCTV
An Oracle work colleague was seen running after him but he returned seconds later.
Concerned friends called his phone at 12.02am and Mr Tweddle picked up and told them he was lost.
Where was Gary headed to? The Highway - the Train Station?
Why were his friends concerned about Gary 12 minutes after he left to go to Penrith?

An iPhone found 70 metres further down the cliff had no battery but showed Mr Tweddle had been using a compass and flashlight app at the time he fell.
I would be really interested to know how the compass and 'torch' app directed Gary over a cliff at Sublime Point when he was on his way to Penrith from Leura.

It would be interesting to see those Court Documents. Hmmmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back