Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On this day, the peacock said to me 'all eyes'. The magnificence of this wandering spectacle of brilliant colour gave me that sense that a Miracle is possible. He/she was just on the grass verge pecking and feeding away - like a rainbow in the gutter. No fear or distraction - just this amazing beauty and serenity. He/she wandered across the road and then in a moment, it bobbed down and all the wings and tail burst open and rose into flight over someones fence and wandered down their driveway. I don't know why, but it took my breath away - and it was all good ;)

Peacocks are always male; females are called peahens. Only the males have the fancy tail. For the most part, they seem to be beautiful & gentle birds.

I'm new to this but I've been following it quite closely. In the beginning I went on numerous bush walks looking for Gary. I've also followed this blog for a few weeks. It’s very informative and great to have people collaborating on this, with their thoughts.

In my opinion it is very strange - why someone would end up off the narrow track behind the houses unless there was a specific reason. As someone mentioned, egress from the ‘sweet dreams’ climb has to come out somewhere along the top of the cliff face and lead back to the car park. I’ve had a look and seen this path, it might also be possible to access it through an empty lot next to other houses, if you wanted to. In my opinion you'd have to go off this narrow track looking for something if you really wanted to go down the slope and into the bush near the edge, especially at night.

My thoughts are these - someone mentioned earlier about GeoCaching and the youtube video that was somewhere in the mountains. This led me to have a look at the Geocaching website in more detail and sure enough there is a 'GeoCache' located near to where I think Gary was found, it’s called a sublime adventure. The website shows some pictures of this Geocache area and details how to get to it. People have previously found it and logged their find, there are also reports of the terrain. There is a detailed brief from the person that submitted this geocache even detailing a fixed rope, keyhole etc. It also states that GPS is likely to be 'flakey'.

My opinion is that this might have been something to do with why GT was in this particular location? Is it possible that he was on a mission to find this as part of a ‘game’? Would he have been using his phone and GPS to find it within a few meters….(although it states GPS is ‘flakey’ he might not have known this)? In my opinion it seems he was fairly mentally alert being able to use his phone and being able to sense nearby roads and lights?
From what I gather Geocaching seems quite common up here in the Blue Mountains.
Map

Hi Moya Point & welcome to Websleuths...nice to have you on board.

Although I tend to think Gary wasn't into playing geocaching games on the night he disappeared, the line in your post which I've bolded, does make me wonder if he was out there looking for something.

As has been mentioned in media, Gary was supposedly going out to source drugs. Could whoever he was buying them from dropped the drugs off in a certain location for Gary to pick up.

Following on with that line of thinking, perhaps the drugs weren't in the location he was told they'd be & this led to him wandering around looking for them.

On this day, the peacock said to me 'all eyes'. The magnificence of this wandering spectacle of brilliant colour gave me that sense that a Miracle is possible. He/she was just on the grass verge pecking and feeding away - like a rainbow in the gutter. No fear or distraction - just this amazing beauty and serenity. He/she wandered across the road and then in a moment, it bobbed down and all the wings and tail burst open and rose into flight over someones fence and wandered down their driveway. I don't know why, but it took my breath away - and it was all good ;)

Beautiful FigTree!! Great photos of him!!

Some of the locals have described the birdlife in the area & there was a mention of snakes a while back. What other types of wildlife do you have in the area??

I'll never forget the time I was on a walking track in katoomba, it was about 6am. I could hear and sense that i wasnt alone (I knew it wasn't human - that an animal was keeping a close eye on me). I stayed still for a while then a gorgeous lyrebird came to say hello. Not as pretty as a peacock but still special.

I too believe something similar to marlywings. Gary was off the track because he was searching for a drug drop. As a pp said, he told friends he had been separated from a group and IMO they had met at the lookout (and gary was driven there). I think the police are keeping their cards close to their chest, and they know a LOT more than they're letting on. I have always believed was a tragic accident and nothing so far has made me consider otherwise. Just moo.

Beautiful FigTree!! Great photos of him!!

Some of the locals have described the birdlife in the area & there was a mention of snakes a while back. What other types of wildlife do you have in the area??

Bwaha! Don't encourage me :D The place is full of Wildlife - I love it - here are some animals that visit the garden... mainly birds though..
Pic 1) Sulfur Crested cockatoos eating
Pic 2) Sulfur Crested cockatoos taking off
Pic 3) Native Finches
Pic 4) My pigeons (OK, they're not native ;))
Pic 5) The local possum (with evil camera eyes ;))

There are the amazing black cockatoos, lyre birds, wallaby's, kangaroos, lots of different types of possums, lizards, womats, koalas (though I haven't seen one in the Mountains yet) .... parrots, lorakeets, wrens...
and lots of snakes and spiders :scared:

Attachments

• 100_0227.jpg
    100_0227.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0220.jpg
    100_0220.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 16
  • EG Finches feeding (7).jpg
    EG Finches feeding (7).jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Elvens garden pigeons 0001.jpg
    Elvens garden pigeons 0001.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_0260.jpg
    100_0260.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi Moya Point & welcome to Websleuths...nice to have you on board.

Although I tend to think Gary wasn't into playing geocaching games on the night he disappeared, the line in your post which I've bolded, does make me wonder if he was out there looking for something.

As has been mentioned in media, Gary was supposedly going out to source drugs. Could whoever he was buying them from dropped the drugs off in a certain location for Gary to pick up.

Following on with that line of thinking, perhaps the drugs weren't in the location he was told they'd be & this led to him wandering around looking for them.

That's a very possible scenario.
or along your line of thinking, possibly that if he had visited the area he had left something somewhere so as not to be on the Fairmont premises, and went back but then couldn't find it.

I'll never forget the time I was on a walking track in katoomba, it was about 6am. I could hear and sense that i wasnt alone (I knew it wasn't human - that an animal was keeping a close eye on me). I stayed still for a while then a gorgeous lyrebird came to say hello. Not as pretty as a peacock but still special.

They are cheeky birds! Make me laugh! - and they are special, I agree. I think it was Blue Bottle who was at Sublime Point the other day and was visited by a Lyre Bird!

Keeping the line of thought going about a drug drop...

Gary was supposedly going to source drugs.
IF they were to be in a certain location but he couldn't find them he then wanders around looking for them.... eventually becoming lost in the bush.

Adding in fruity's comment about sensing something was there. Most forested areas are alive with noises throughout the night as a lot of our native wildlife are nocturnal creatures.

Gary senses or hears noises. Flight or fight response kicks in & he starts running from whatever he perceives it to be.

Beautiful photos again thanks FigTree. Love #2, the cockatoos in flight!!

That's a very possible scenario.
or along your line of thinking, possibly that if he had visited the area he had left something somewhere so as not to be on the Fairmont premises, and went back but then couldn't find it.

Or perhaps whoever he was supposedly sourcing them from left them in a bin?? This would account for the upturned bins??

Off Topic slightly - but I wanted to show you an amazing thing that I came across while on one of my searches. I think this was the day I was chasing phone signals at Leura. At the time I took it as a good omen in the search for Gary - there just never seemed a right time to post it.
The pic is a capture from my dvd cam so its not totally clear :facepalm: sorry.

Its not everyday you see one of these roaming around on the streets ... but then again, this is Leura ;)

Is this pic of the Aus native male lyrebird Figtree?
Or the Indian Peacock?

I’ve been feeling quite sad this afternoon, because after reading one of Gary’s family members FB posts and the associated supportive comments, I was left with the feeling that Gary was left in a compromised situation. Nothing untoward was said, just me reading between the lines (not that I do that very well sometimes).

Out in the dark on a cold winter’s night, unsuitably dressed, doing whatever he was doing - all by himself - no-one watching out for him in his wobbly state.

Is there no culpability if someone drives a person to a private but dangerous place, and leaves him there, then something horrible happens - or something horrible happens, and then Gary is just left there? No, I guess not.

I too believe something similar to marlywings. Gary was off the track because he was searching for a drug drop. As a pp said, he told friends he had been separated from a group and IMO they had met at the lookout (and gary was driven there). I think the police are keeping their cards close to their chest, and they know a LOT more than they're letting on. I have always believed was a tragic accident and nothing so far has made me consider otherwise. Just moo.

What I don't get is if he was driven to Sublime Point for some kind of shady drug deal/pick up, why wouldn't any package just be handed over directly? I just can't really see much sense in retrieving something from a dangerous cliff face when it could be handed over in person (unless he was stashing something to come back for later). Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me trying to locate something in an obscure location like that in the dark either.

But if it turns out there was something going on in the spectrum of criminal activity it makes me think again of that statement about loving him ''unconditionally''.

As always, just my opinion.

IF they were to be in a certain location but he couldn't find them he then wanders around looking for them.... eventually becoming lost in the bush.

Adding in fruity's comment about sensing something was there. Most forested areas are alive with noises throughout the night as a lot of our native wildlife are nocturnal creatures.

Gary senses or hears noises. Flight or fight response kicks in & he starts running from whatever he perceives it to be.

A roaming dog is a possibility or a cat (jumping from a tree) hunting at night.

There are bandicoots at night but they are little and so shy.

Re the drug drop -
Never been party to a drug deal myself so not au fait with what 'normal protocols' might be in such a transaction, but just wondering - would GT realistically be left to just 'collect' the drugs from somewhere? When and how would the supplier get paid, if there is no person to person contact? As for leaving the drugs in the thick of the bush - what would be the motivation for doing that? The dealer hiding in bush so as to accept payment there where they're less visible? But why increase the odds so much of neither the dealer nor any drugs on their own being located, if they're just randomly left in the bush?? IMO it wouldnt have been a multi million dollar drug deal, surely, why go over the top with how clandestine it is. In some suburbs on the streets of Sydney drugs are openly exchanged on the street; who would have noticed anything in the middle of the night in Leura?!
JMO

Just wondering .. has anyone seen any of Gary's loved ones using the word 'accident' when speaking of the loss of Gary? I can't recall seeing that said by any of them anywhere.

Re the drug drop -
Never been party to a drug deal myself so not au fait with what 'normal protocols' might be in such a transaction, but just wondering - would GT realistically be left to just 'collect' the drugs from somewhere? When and how would the supplier get paid, if there is no person to person contact? As for leaving the drugs in the thick of the bush - what would be the motivation for doing that? The dealer hiding in bush so as to accept payment there where they're less visible? But why increase the odds so much of neither the dealer nor any drugs on their own being located, if they're just randomly left in the bush?? IMO it wouldnt have been a multi million dollar drug deal, surely, why go over the top with how clandestine it is. In some suburbs on the streets of Sydney drugs are openly exchanged on the street; who would have noticed anything in the middle of the night in Leura?!
JMO

Exactly - Leura on a Monday night is ridiculously quiet.

IF there was something to be dropped off to Gary they could have driven right up to the porte cochere of The Fairmont (see pic 4 in the below link) and done an exchange without arousing any suspicion. There is at least 20 metres between The Fairmont's porte cochere and the double front doors of the Hotel. No doormen or porters - normally a lone Guest Services Agent at the Front Desk tucked away inside the hotel.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...mily-sad-closure/story-fni0cx12-1226713906580

Off Topic slightly - but I wanted to show you an amazing thing that I came across while on one of my searches. I think this was the day I was chasing phone signals at Leura. At the time I took it as a good omen in the search for Gary - there just never seemed a right time to post it.
The pic is a capture from my dvd cam so its not totally clear :facepalm: sorry.

Its not everyday you see one of these roaming around on the streets ... but then again, this is Leura ;)

We love our local peacock(s) (except when they eat the heads off the flowers). In the early hours of the morning and also in the late afternoon you can hear them calling - a sound I have grown up with. There used to be quite a few of them that "lived" in Everglades Gardens which isn't too far from The Fairmont. Nowdays there are just one or maybe two of them that roam the streets near to Everglades. I have had a vase of peacock feathers collected from these guys in my house for a very long time :) The tourists love them and they are probably some of the most photographed birds in the world! I suspect when they were searching for Gary that ground crews went down through Lyrebird Dell & The Pool of Siloam.

Exactly - Leura on a Monday night is ridiculously quiet.

IF there was something to be dropped off to Gary they could have driven right up to the porte cochere of The Fairmont (see pic 4 in the below link) and done an exchange without arousing any suspicion. There is at least 20 metres between The Fairmont's porte cochere and the double front doors of the Hotel. No doormen or porters - normally a lone Guest Services Agent at the Front Desk tucked away inside the hotel.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...mily-sad-closure/story-fni0cx12-1226713906580

And most dealers wouldn’t deal directly with someone they didn't know either. They are not usually desperate enough to risk arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back