Australia - GC man charged with 1,623 child abuse offences against 91 children in child care facilities in BNE, SYD & overseas, 2007-2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score

Man charged with child sex offences known to be involved with photography at a childcare centre, ABC confirms​

The Gold Coast man, 45, has been charged with 136 counts of rape and 110 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10.

These articles are very upsetting and I don't recommend reading if you're a survivor.
The blue card system only works if the offender has been caught and applies for working with children employment.

This is devastating and it's hard to stop feeling anger and rage I have within myself about this vile excrement who lived among us!
These children, some already teenagers, will need so much love and guidance to overcome what's happened to them, and to witness this man receive a very lengthy sentence, he deserves life in prison!
I bet this man is as charming as can be!!
Jmo

An AFP investigation has led to a former childcare worker being charged with 1623 child abuse offences against 91 children - including 136 counts of rape and 110 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10 - in Brisbane, Sydney and overseas between 2007 and 2022.
The Gold Coast man, 45, has been in custody in Queensland since August 2022 when the AFP arrested and charged him initially with two counts of making child exploitation material and one count of using a carriage service for child *advertiser censored* material.
The case is scheduled for a mention in Brisbane Magistrates Court on 21 August, 2023.
<modsnip - snippped for copyright, much more at link>

Last edited by a moderator:

Families SA paedophile Shannon McCoole has jail term cut for helping Danish police​

In 2015, McCoole was sentenced to 35 years in jail — with a non-parole period of 28 years — for sexually abusing babies and young children in state care.

McCoole, a former child protection worker, was also the head administrator of a highly sophisticated global child *advertiser censored* website.

The investigation into this man helped investigators capture the current unnamed man held in custody.

I cannot believe a 35 year sentence, 28 years to serve is anywhere near acceptable!

Paedophiles have the highest incidence of recidivism, they need to be locked away and harsh penalties given out for those accessing child exploitative material.
Change will come but unfortunately, not for those currently committing these vile offences or served a short sentence, to go on and reoffend!

Jmo

Last edited:
I never trust men working in any capacity with children. I know it is biased (and that women can also be vile humans towards children) but I never have felt any different and I never will.

Families SA paedophile Shannon McCoole has jail term cut for helping Danish police​

In 2015, McCoole was sentenced to 35 years in jail — with a non-parole period of 28 years — for sexually abusing babies and young children in state care.

McCoole, a former child protection worker, was also the head administrator of a highly sophisticated global child *advertiser censored* website.

The investigation into this man helped investigators capture the current unnamed man held in custody.

I cannot believe a 35 year sentence, 28 years to serve is anywhere near acceptable!

Paedophiles have the highest incidence of recidivism, they need to be locked away and harsh penalties given out for those accessing child exploitative material.
Change will come but unfortunately, not for those currently committing these vile offences or served a short sentence, to go on and reoffend!

Jmo
Stories like this chip away at any faith I have in human beings. Every sex offender should be locked away forever. They do not deserve space in our society. I cannot believe that any justice system would reduce a pedophiles sentence for ANY reason.

I never trust men working in any capacity with children. I know it is biased (and that women can also be vile humans towards children) but I never have felt any different and I never will.
terribly unfair to all the good men working with children, I personally work with many personally. Children - especially boys - need male role models. I am very grateful that all the parents where I work do not hold such prejudices, and love our male educators who are all fabulous.

Women are not exempt from being child sex offenders and abusers, btw. The attitude that women are inevitably safe and good people is very dangerous.

The main problem would be management at these centres, frankly it should never be possible to do this is a properly designed and running centre. Nappy change areas and childrens toilets should always be totally open and viewable by other staff from multiple angles and no staff OF ANY GENDER should EVER be left alone with children. This is why most centres always have at least two staff open and close, even if its not needed for ratio.

So many failed warning signs, it is unbelievable that he was not caught after at least one of them

The Child Protection Systems Royal Commission is examining a series of red flags that were noticed during Shannon McCoole's employment as a government carer.

terribly unfair to all the good men working with children, I personally work with many personally. Children - especially boys - need male role models. I am very grateful that all the parents where I work do not hold such prejudices, and love our male educators who are all fabulous.

Women are not exempt from being child sex offenders and abusers, btw. The attitude that women are inevitably safe and good people is very dangerous.

The main problem would be management at these centres, frankly it should never be possible to do this is a properly designed and running centre. Nappy change areas and childrens toilets should always be totally open and viewable by other staff from multiple angles and no staff OF ANY GENDER should EVER be left alone with children. This is why most centres always have at least two staff open and close, even if its not needed for ratio.

Let's not forget my acknowledgement of these things, btw. I make no apologies. Like I said, I won't change my feelings.

I do, however, agree that in a childcare setting there should always be two caregivers at any given time. It's very unfortunate that this is not always the case.

The murder of two FBI agents in Florida in February 2021 during a child sexual abuse investigation has led to charges against 19 men and 13 children being removed from harm in Australia.

Most of the Australian offenders were employed in occupations that required a "high degree" of knowledge about information and communications technology.

"Members used software to anonymously share files, chat on message boards and access websites within the network,'' the statement said.

The alleged offenders were aged between 32 and 81.

FBI legal attaché Nitiana Mann said the FBI and the AFP's close working relationship was key to investigating the crimes.

"The complexity and anonymity of these platforms means that no agency or country can fight these threats alone,'' she said.

How Accused Paedophile Childcare Worker Described Himself in Online Profile

Last week, one of the man’s former managers, Yolanda Borucki, told A Current Affair that he had been reported to police in October 2021 after another staff member claimed to have seen him kiss a child while she was sleeping.

Police investigated the incident while the man was stood down on full pay but did not pursue the matter due to lack of evidence, Ms Boruki said.

Ms Boruki said the teacher was welcomed back by one mother with a box of chocolates while the staff member who reported him resigned.

Classic narcissistic paedophile, winning over parents and staff, they were taken in by a cunning child molester. This poor staff member would've been vilified for trying to stop this depraved man, been accused as a trouble maker and left the centre as the paedophile continues his activities! He must have felt invincible!

He was well liked and because of this flew under the radar, abusing children for years and years under the very noses of staff and parents.

How many other babies and toddlers are abused unable to speak about what is happening to them?
These victims are now learning what did occur, their mind and body always knew, but couldn't put into words. Violated by a man who was only caught because he filmed his abuse and it was discovered while the AFP were investigating a paedophile ring, made up of men of all ages in Australia and abroad.

Children who've claimed inappropriate touching and worse, are often not believed. A young man was recently cleared of any wrong doing.

Why would a child complain? A child has nothing to gain by reporting abuse but it seems if it's not caught on camera, it's not to be believed. Bamboozle the child with dates and explaining the circumstances when the abuse occurred, an adult would struggle, for children aged under 10, it's an impossible task.

If the jury like the look of him, he's off the hook. It will be extremely upsetting if in many years to come, this person is accused of the same crimes and the public learns again, how a young abuser can con the public and as a consequence, becomes more daring as they age into a middle age abuser!
Child molesters often begin abusing children and accessing child exploitative material while in their teens and early 20s.

The childcare worker/kindergarten teacher will soon be named, he worked with children for 12 months while in Italy and returned to help his sister and her 3 children.
This man surrounded himself with children at every opportunity!

Jmo

I agree. Absolutely women can also be predetors as in the case of California "Teacher of the year" Jacqueline Ma. We have a thread here for her.

Let's not forget my acknowledgement of these things, btw. I make no apologies. Like I said, I won't change my feelings.

I do, however, agree that in a childcare setting there should always be two caregivers at any given time. It's very unfortunate that this is not always the case.

I understand your feelings, it's hard not to feel this way. Of course, women can be abusers or a go-between for men they're involved with. No one should be above scrutiny, and I don't rely on other adult's references when someone is accused.

Cctv might be the best option but even with these, there needs to be monitoring of who's accessing the footage and for what reason.
Other abuses can occur with small children, one woman taking children down a flight of stairs was caught on cctv, pushing a small child down, she sited the camera too late! Would an adult believe the child if they complained without evidence?

Paedophiles like being around children so they will apply for positions, paid or unpaid, that gives them access. Very young children are the most vulnerable.

It's a pity men in these positions feel under scrutiny but who's to blame, not parent's 'prejudices', it's the paedophiles themselves. No parent should be made to feel uncomfortable for asking questions and querying certain activities. If something doesn't feel right, it most often, isn't.

One program I watched years ago a male teacher was contemplating leaving the profession, he said if he hugged a child because they're upset or hurt, he felt it would be misconstrued.
I was taken aback by his words because why would he need to hug a child? They have parents and guardians at home, a school age child understands an adult doesn't need to hug them, words of comfort are sufficient, so maybe, he should think again, imo.

This isn't pleasant territory, but I wish more people would discuss it and it wasn't such a taboo subject.
Paedophiles rely on this being the case, they will act just as horrified about the latest news, it's a good cover to behave this way, it's a catch-22, paedophiles win and a child loses.

Jmo

As a former childcare worker stands accused of more than 1,600 charges, experts say changing technology habits are making offenders harder to detect.

Jodi Death, a researcher at Queensland University of Technology, has studied child sexual abuse for years and has worked with victim-survivors as an academic and as a child protection caseworker in NSW.

"Criminals aren’t stupid – they don’t need the media to tell them the cops are watching.
The problem with the dark web is that [if] you get detected in one place, you just move to another place,” she says.

How the Victorian Education Department's historical child sexual abuse scandal was hidden for decades​

1693095490548.png
Just 17 when he entered Ballarat Teachers College in 1958, Reynolds was only 19 — "barely an adult", a court would later hear — when he took on his first full-time position at Sebastopol Primary School in January 1960. It was the first of his 14 teaching placements in country Victoria.

Reynolds's stint at Sebastopol lasted little over a month, but it was long enough for him to sexually abuse a boy who'd brought his work to the trainee teacher's desk.
<modsnip - snipped for copyright, more at link>

This helps explain how they got away with it and still are. :( A paedophile will abuse a child right in sight of another adult or other children. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
  • The Commission of Inquiry into the Tasmanian Government's Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Institutional Settings has held its final hearing in Hobart
  • The commission's report will be handed to Governor Barbara Baker tomorrow, and the report will be made public in September

The Tasmanian child sexual abuse commission of inquiry has referred more than 100 people to Tasmania Police and child protection since it began.

Identity of former childcare worker charged with sexually abusing 91 children revealed under new Queensland laws as Ashley Paul Griffith​

1696396545821.png
  • Mr Griffith has been charged has with 136 counts of rape and 110 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10
  • The case will be heard in court again on November 6
  • He can now be named under Queensland law changes, brought into effect yesterday

I'm glad his face and name will be shown everywhere!

Identity of former childcare worker charged with sexually abusing 91 children revealed under new Queensland laws as Ashley Paul Griffith​

View attachment 451380
  • Mr Griffith has been charged has with 136 counts of rape and 110 counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10
  • The case will be heard in court again on November 6
  • He can now be named under Queensland law changes, brought into effect yesterday

I'm glad his face and name will be shown everywhere!

Well he looks like a total creep. Hope he suffers tremendously in prison.

That’s the reason so many organisation, such as The Scout movement, struggle to get volunteers & have to close.

Ashley Paul Griffith and Brett Peter Cowan allegedly assaulted in Brisbane prison​

A police spokesperson said a man allegedly threw hot water in the face of Ashley Paul Griffith before walking over to punch Brett Peter Cowan in the face.
Griffith was taken to hospital for treatment for facial burns, while Cowan was assessed by Wolston Correctional Centre staff on site.
A Queensland Police Service (QPS) spokesperson said both men had made complaints.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back