Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Replying to myself here - I see I Caleb’s missing persons flyer that he is 5’11 and 130 pounds. So even slimmer than I thought. If the pipe did have a circumference of 78”, the only thing that could possibility get him stuck is 1) wide shoulders or 2) attempting to crouch/bend.
180lbs - 130 at 5' 11" is near death
1722457964531.png

CCPD detectives searching for missing TAMUCC student​

1722457964575.png
KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
https://www.kristv.com › local-news › corpus-christi › c...

caleb harris missing poster height weight from www.kristv.com
Mar 5, 2024 — Caleb Harris is approximately 5 ft. 11 in. tall, weighting about 180 lbs. with brown hair and eyes. He left behind his keys, car and wallet and ...

180lbs - 130 at 5' 11" is near death
View attachment 521755

CCPD detectives searching for missing TAMUCC student

View attachment 521756
KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi
https://www.kristv.com › local-news › corpus-christi › c...

View attachment 521757
Mar 5, 2024 — Caleb Harris is approximately 5 ft. 11 in. tall, weighting about 180 lbs. with brown hair and eyes. He left behind his keys, car and wallet and ...
Hah, sorry about that - my astigmatism coming into play!

JUL 31, 2024
he Corpus Christi community is continuing to show an outpouring of support for Caleb Harris and his family, creating another memorial in his honor.

Flowers, crosses, candles and fishing poles can be found off a small bridge off of Ennis Joslin Road, the location where Corpus Christi Police Department officials have said he sent his last Snapchat photo at 3:03 a.m. to a friend.

And I think it should remain active. Ever since the remains were discovered in the lift station, when it seemed all but certain that they would be identified as Caleb's, I had been trying to understand how he could have ended up in that tank, and I could envision a couple of scenarios.

For me, and JMO, after the positive ID and discussion by LE of the open manhole in the crop field, the mystery has only intensified. What happened to Caleb?

Complete accident? Backing up to take a photo in a scrubby field around 3:00 a.m. or some such thing, and, whoosh, the ground beneath just isn't there.

Misadventure? Voluntarily deciding to go urban spelunking around 3:00 a.m., or some such thing, in an open manhole and, whoosh, some kind of fatal miscalculation occurs.

Foul play? Engaging in a meet-up around 3:00 a.m., or some such thing, and, whoosh, consent turns to attack and a body needs to be dumped.

Not one of these scenarios is more likely than the others, IMO. What they all have in common are the freakishly high odds that any one of them could and did occur.

Are there any other possible scenarios I've overlooked?

I'm replying to one of my own posts because, while continuing to brood over Caleb's terrible fate, I realized that, in addition to the three scenarios I posited above - accident, misadventure, foul play - and then the theory I added in a later post that he might have been found in the lift station tank because he'd been there all along, there was one other possibility that I overlooked: suicide.

IMO, suicide is just as far fetched as any of the other scenarios, but even so, I'm surprised I overlooked it.

The fact is, one of these four scenarios has to be the likely explanation for Caleb's death. They all lead to the same outcome, but - JMO - they all feel so different from each other.

This one bothers me. Is it possible to fall in a manhole, knock yourself out, and drown without recovering consciousness? I suppose. But what are the odds? I've been out on a foggy night many times. Fog is reflective, ime. You can't see anything 10 feet in front of you, or if you use a flashlight, but your own feet beneath you remain quite clear. If you were running at high speed, maybe. But why would you be doing that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back