GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The court heard that as her 2009 legal battle ensued, Ms Nemeth hosted an afternoon tea for Mr Rogerson, Mr Byrnes and Hells Angels boss Felix Lyle at her Darling Point mansion to discuss her case and the potential sale of the hotel.

Ms Nemeth hired Mr Rogerson, a disgraced NSW Police detective, and Mr Byrnes with the aim of ‘‘fighting fire with fire’’, the judge said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/tea-party...-court-case-20130514-2jivl.html#ixzz33M07X9Xf

Roger Rogerson: a long and crooked tale

For more than 30 years, disgraced detective Roger Rogerson, now on murder charges, has been talking to Herald police reporter Neil Mercer.

It's December 1, 1982, and I've just met detective sergeant Roger Caleb Rogerson at Darlinghurst.

Rogerson has agreed to be interviewed for the first time about the day he shot dead Warren Lanfranchi, a drug dealer among other things, in an inner-city lane.

In the photo, we're on our way to a coffee shop in Oxford Street.

Roger, who had previously served with the NSW Police Armed Hold-Up Squad, came armed in the latest fashion, a safari suit. I'm armed with the latest technology, a pager.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/roger-rogerson-a-long-and-crooked-tale-20140531-39atz.html

^ LOL "afternoon tea". Reminds me of the time I (age 16) invited all my biker friends over for lunch and left out the 'biker' part, just to shock my nanna. And so she made them tiny cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off, and tea in the good china, and they loved her to bits. Mission: a failure. :\

Re the 'street cost' VS the real cost of the drugs -- I fell for that too!!! 3 Mil sounds a lot more dramatic in the headlines, though.

Interesting! What happened in 2011 to become a person of interest? Silly question I know :facepalm:

DESPITE his image as a straight-A student, murder victim Jamie Gao had been in the sights of federal police as a suspected drug importer for years, it can be revealed.

The clean-cut 20-year-old UTS business student had been a 'person of interest' since 2011. Federal officers had even provided a 20-page document to NSW authorities detailing his activities.

Wholesale prices for Methamphetamine for those interested ..

Figures from the United Nations (UN) World Drug Report for 2011 showed that as of 2009, the Philippines had the highest price in Asia for methamphetamine drugs sold at the wholesale level, ranging from $167,683.30 to $251,524.90 (P6.7 million-P10 million) per kilogram.

This is slightly higher than the PDEA’s own estimate of P5 million per kilogram. Retail figures for methamphetamine from the Philippines were not available in the UN report.

Indonesia was second at $154,280 to $205,708 per kg, followed by Singapore with $82,207.1 to $137,011.9, both at wholesale. Thailand, Japan and Bahrain also had relatively high prices for methamphetamine, while China was farther down the list at $6,000 to $12,000. No figure was available for Hong Kong on wholesale methamphetamine prices.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/135981/‘shabu’-now-costs-more-than-‘coke’#ixzz33M693mO9

Right, well considering that a trip between HK and China is a short train ride, then it's easy to see why someone would import from HK especially if they have ties in that country ..

Prices in Australia: http://www.ndlerf.gov.au/publications/monographs/monograph-44/chapter-4-prices-and-profits (Old data, 2007)

From what I can work out wholesale value for 1kg of methamphetamine is between 1 - 200k .. depending on puritiy crystal or not etc ..

Australian police are hunting two Hong Kong men after a young student was shot dead in a HK$21 million drug deal gone wrong.

Australian media reports have suggested that the men supplied the drugs to Gao, whose mother was holidaying in Hong Kong at the time of his death.

"The fact that this recent investigation involved the three big Australian federal law-enforcement agencies - the Australian Crime Commission [ACC], the Australian Federal Police and Customs - indicates the seized drugs were part of a recent importation. Although several countries could easily be nominated, the involvement of Hong Kong-based criminals is a likely source."

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...t-after-sydney-drug-deal-ends-death-jamie-gao

It's a very interesting story, I have a theory about it that I think might be true.

I think that Jamie Gao was a low level drug dealer who at some point has been pinched with a relatively small amount of drugs. I think he's then been coerced by police to become an informant and subsequently become involved with a setup of McNamara and rogerson. I reckon the setup didn't go to plan and gao got murdered. Then I think that the police knew that there would be a public outcry about them getting gao accidentally killed and as a result have covered up the fact that he was working for them. After talking to my father (who was a Queensland police officer for 42 years) and asking him about how many police would have knowledge that gao was an informant, I've come to realize a coverup would not be hard. My father said maybe about 2 people in the police force would know gao was working for them due to the need for high levels of secrecy involving informants because of the risks to their safety.

I've also had some experience in the drug world and as far as the $3m goes well the current price of a single hit of ice (.1 of a gram) is generally $100. So yeah if you do the Maths then if you sold 3kg in individual hits it would equate to $3m but I would say at a wholesale level 3kg definitely wouldn't go for more than $1m, maybe even less.

It's a very interesting story, I have a theory about it that I think might be true.

I think that Jamie Gao was a low level drug dealer who at some point has been pinched with a relatively small amount of drugs. I think he's then been coerced by police to become an informant and subsequently become involved with a setup of McNamara and rogerson. I reckon the setup didn't go to plan and gao got murdered. Then I think that the police knew that there would be a public outcry about them getting gao accidentally killed and as a result have covered up the fact that he was working for them. After talking to my father (who was a Queensland police officer for 42 years) and asking him about how many police would have knowledge that gao was an informant, I've come to realize a coverup would not be hard. My father said maybe about 2 people in the police force would know gao was working for them due to the need for high levels of secrecy involving informants because of the risks to their safety.

I've also had some experience in the drug world and as far as the $3m goes well the current price of a single hit of ice (.01 of a gram) is generally $100. So yeah if you do the Maths then if you sold 3kg in individual hits it would equate to $3m but I would say at a wholesale level 3kg definitely wouldn't go for more than $1m, maybe even less.

:wagon:

The friends told officers that Gao had been boasting for weeks about a meeting with a man named Glen, at 1.35pm on Tuesday, May 20, for a drug deal. :facepalm:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...left-cops-shaken/story-e6frea6u-1226938455360

I think maybe gao's boasting and alleged excitement over the drug deal doesn't necessarily rule out him being an informant. I think even if it wasn't a legitimate drug deal and was part of a police operation, he would've still had feelings of importance, excitement and anticipation

I think maybe gao's boasting and alleged excitement over the drug deal doesn't necessarily rule out him being an informant. I think even if it wasn't a legitimate drug deal and was part of a police operation, he would've still had feelings of importance, excitement and anticipation

Yeah very true. It does seem that the Police were on top of this case right from the start. If anyone works as a Police informant, I wonder how closely they are monitored for their own protection?

Yeah I'm not sure how closely they're monitored, I didn't get a chance to really pick my dads brain on his knowledge of undercover operations as he seemed hesitant to talk about it... I think because he doesn't like to encourage my fascination with the underworld/drug dealers...

One thing I'm at a loss to understand though and I know it's been talked a lot about on this thread, is the absolute stupidity and sloppiness of McNamara and rogerson.

Yeah I'm not sure how closely they're monitored, I didn't get a chance to really pick my dads brain on his knowledge of undercover operations as he seemed hesitant to talk about it... I think because he doesn't like to encourage my fascination with the underworld/drug dealers...

One thing I'm at a loss to understand though and I know it's been talked a lot about on this thread, is the absolute stupidity and sloppiness of McNamara and rogerson.

Absolutely unbelievable. Like a detective said in one article 'The stars of amateur hour'. With respect to fact that this crime resulted in a young man losing his life, the whole thing has been a comedy of errors. Particularly when you consider that McNamarra has promoted himself as a good cop who supposedly left the force because of his disgust at the corruption and drug dealing, even writing a book about it. Rogerson has also capitalised on his reputation and the fact that he was never convicted (of corruption and murder), and I think a lot of Australians have given him the benefit of the doubt in recent years, that maybe he was just a misunderstood, old-school 'shoot first, ask questions later cop'.

I've also had some experience in the drug world and as far as the $3m goes well the current price of a single hit of ice (.1 of a gram) is generally $100. So yeah if you do the Maths then if you sold 3kg in individual hits it would equate to $3m but I would say at a wholesale level 3kg definitely wouldn't go for more than $1m, maybe even less.

:welcome: :wagon:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...left-cops-shaken/story-fni0cx4q-1226938455360

Timeline:
Weeks leading up to Tuesday, May 20

Jamie Gao boasts about drug deal with man named Glen.

Tuesday May 20

11.37am: Police allege Glen McNamara calls Gao from a Cronulla phone booth to confirm the deal is on.

1.35pm: Two men from Hong Kong drive Gao to Padstow. He gets into station wagon with 3kg of ice.

1.45pm: Car is driven 600m to a storage unit, followed by a Ford Falcon. Gao and McNamara enter Unit 803, Rogerson follows.

1.47pm: Gao is allegedly shot twice in the chest.

1.55pm: Rogerson and McNamara walk in and out of the unit a number of times. There is no sign of Gao. Soon afterwards Rogerson and McNamara are seen dragging a surfboard cover with something heavy inside from the unit.

2.35pm: Friends receive call from the Hong Kong nationals to help them search for Gao.

Wednesday, May 21

12.30pm: McNamara and Rogerson return to Unit 803, allegedly cleaning up.

7pm: Gao’s friends finally report him missing.

Thursday, May 22

Police view CCTV footage from storage facility and allegedly identify McNamara and Rogerson.

Saturday, May 24

4am: Station wagon recovered by police with 3kg of ice allegedly inside it.

Sunday, May 25

Detectives execute search warrants at Rogerson and McNamara’s homes, seizing several cars and other evidence.

6.20pm: McNamara is pulled over and charged with murder and drug supply.

Rogerson’s home in Padstow Heights is searched and a silver Ford Falcon is seized.

The storage unit in Caringbah is searched and a boat and surfboard with no cover are seized.

Monday, May 26

7.30am: Fishermen off Cronulla find Gao’s body wrapped in tarpaulin.

Detectives fly to Brisbane to search for Rogerson.

McNamara appears in custody in Kogarah Local Court.

Tuesday, May 27

6am: Rogerson arrives at his Padstow home to see his wife after driving from Brisbane.

11am: More than a dozen police officers storm Rogerson’s Churchill Rd home to arrest him.

3.15pm: Rogerson is charged with Jamie Gao's murder.

4.10pm: McNamara appears in court and doesn’t apply for bail. Both he and Rogerson are held in protective custody in Silverwater Jail.

Absolutely unbelievable. Like a detective said in one article 'The stars of amateur hour'. With respect to fact that this crime resulted in a young man losing his life, the whole thing has been a comedy of errors. Particularly when you consider that McNamarra has promoted himself as a good cop who supposedly left the force because of his disgust at the corruption and drug dealing, even writing a book about it. Rogerson has also capitalised on his reputation and the fact that he was never convicted (of corruption and murder), and I think a lot of Australians have given him the benefit of the doubt in recent years, that maybe he was just a misunderstood, old-school 'shoot first, ask questions later cop'.

Yeah, it's incredible... As my father said (in relation to McNamara) he's a wolf in sheeps clothing and the whole "self titled whistleblower" thing along with the book that he wrote was a deliberate attempt to conceal his true colours. However it is still mind boggling to think that someone so cunning who could concoct such an elaborate and intelligent cover could be so stupid in other aspects.

I can't wait for more details to come out and shed some light on this mystery.

I sometimes think that Rogerson & McNamara thought they were smarter than the average bear, kwim? IMO, they never thought they would be suspected of this crime. Lots of criminals think they are too smart to be caught. And this mindset is often what gets criminals caught.
Also, with Jamie bragging to friends, makes me wonder if he was leaving bread crumbs just in case he didn't return. All the above is jmo and ramblings.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back