GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sometimes think that Rogerson & McNamara thought they were smarter than the average bear, kwim? IMO, they never thought they would be suspected of this crime. Lots of criminals think they are too smart to be caught. And this mindset is often what gets criminals caught.
Also, with Jamie bragging to friends, makes me wonder if he was leaving bread crumbs just in case he didn't return. All the above is jmo and ramblings.

I suppose if the two mystery men in the CCTV hadn't told Jamie's friends that he was going to a nearby storage facility, then police might not have ever found that footage. Perhaps RR and GM were too confident that no-one knew where Jamie was going? It still seems like an awful big risk to take though - having the crime basically captured on camera and expecting that no-one will see the footage. I'm just struggling to understand how they thought they could get away with it. I'm also sceptical about the story being told in the media. I'm kind of getting the feeling that there's a bit of mutual back scratching between the police and media in this case. Like the photo's of the body floating in the water? And the photo's of the raid on McNamara's house. What are the odds, eh? Such a weird set of events.

Off topic sorry...
Does anyone know if there is a thread about the mother and her 2 kids found dead in Darwin?

I suppose if the two mystery men in the CCTV hadn't told Jamie's friends that he was going to a nearby storage facility, then police might not have ever found that footage. Perhaps RR and GM were too confident that no-one knew where Jamie was going? It still seems like an awful big risk to take though - having the crime basically captured on camera and expecting that no-one will see the footage. I'm just struggling to understand how they thought they could get away with it. I'm also sceptical about the story being told in the media. I'm kind of getting the feeling that there's a bit of mutual back scratching between the police and media in this case. Like the photo's of the body floating in the water? And the photo's of the raid on McNamara's house. What are the odds, eh? Such a weird set of events.

I really have no idea what transpired here. You Aussies are much better judges of what goes on there. I was just happy to contribute and be around y'all. I have always had a love affair with Australia, but have never been. It is on my bucket list, though. I will leave it to the locals. :seeya:

I really have no idea what transpired here. You Aussies are much better judges of what goes on there. I was just happy to contribute and be around y'all. I have always had a love affair with Australia, but have never been. It is on my bucket list, though. I will leave it to the locals. :seeya:

Hope my post didn't cause offence. I was agreeing with you that maybe RR and GM simply thought they were too clever. Do stick around. I like reading your posts. Your guess is as good as anyone's here :) :loveyou:

Charles Moschoudis - Barrister - is representing McNamara.

Off topic sorry...
Does anyone know if there is a thread about the mother and her 2 kids found dead in Darwin?

Can't see one Humdinger - you'll have to ask Marly or start one :)

Please Stay :please:

I sometimes think that Rogerson & McNamara thought they were smarter than the average bear, kwim? IMO, they never thought they would be suspected of this crime. Lots of criminals think they are too smart to be caught. And this mindset is often what gets criminals caught.
Also, with Jamie bragging to friends, makes me wonder if he was leaving bread crumbs just in case he didn't return. All the above is jmo and ramblings.

I tend to agree with you Suthrnqt, that they got too confident. But these two men are not only ex-cops, but are now supposedly working as debt collectors / or PI's (in McNamara's case). Wouldn't they be taking advantage of the very technology and surveillance they seemed oblivious to?

Yeah, it's incredible... As my father said (in relation to McNamara) he's a wolf in sheeps clothing and the whole "self titled whistleblower" thing along with the book that he wrote was a deliberate attempt to conceal his true colours. However it is still mind boggling to think that someone so cunning who could concoct such an elaborate and intelligent cover could be so stupid in other aspects.

I can't wait for more details to come out and shed some light on this mystery.

I totally agree, I guess he got lucky with the media labeling him a whistleblower too as it made it easy for him to slide into the perfect cover! What a creep! No wonder the other police hated him.

I tend to agree with you Suthrnqt, that they got too confident. But these two men are not only ex-cops, but are now supposedly working as debt collectors / or PI's (in McNamara's case). Wouldn't they be taking advantage of the very technology and surveillance they seemed oblivious to?

By PI's / debt collectors you mean stand over men for drug and gambling debts.

I bet Rogerson and McNamara counted on the Honk Kong nationals not telling anyone where they had dropped Jamie off, they would have assumed they'd never go to police themselves, and certainly didn't count on them calling Jamie's friends and enlisting them in the search. If they hadn't done this the beginning of the CCTV trail may never have been picked up. Clearly the people who knew Jamie (including these two HK nationals) cared about him very much.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/16286421/funding-for-anti-gang-taskforce/

This video is Glen McNamara talking to Kochie on Sunrise about the government establishing an anti-gang task force. GM says 'the only way they can do it is by taking the brutal drug dealers out of the equation'. What a phony. This isn't the first time Sunrise has interviewed him, but I can't find the other video.

Did I hear correctly, did he say that the government should be the sole provider of illicit drugs? So he is arguing for legalisation of illicit drugs? He's not anti-drugs per se but anti criminalisation of drugs?

The beautiful irony is that he is a brutal drug dealer, and now the police have caught him and taken him out of the equation.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/16286421/funding-for-anti-gang-taskforce/

This video is Glen McNamara talking to Kochie on Sunrise about the government establishing an anti-gang task force. GM says 'the only way they can do it is by taking the brutal drug dealers out of the equation'. What a phony. This isn't the first time Sunrise has interviewed him, but I can't find the other video.

Most definitely!

Now McNamara and Rogerson are part of that 1% incarcerated in oz. lol

Thanks Marly :) I wasn't sure if I was just missing it in my search!

Murder victim Jamie Gao had been called to give evidence at the Australian Crime Commission

MURDER victim Jamie Gao had been called to give evidence before a secret hearing at the powerful Australian Crime Commission in the weeks before his death.

The commission, the country’s peak intelligence-gathering agency, took the unprecedented step last week of issuing a statement to deny Gao had been acting as one of their informants when he allegedly delivered $3 million of methamphetamine to former detectives Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara.

However, the commission yesterday said it had “nothing to add” when asked whether and why Gao had been recently questioned by ACC investigators at its Sydney headquarters.

Examinations before the ACC are so secret that even disclosing they have occurred can be a criminal offence but Gao had told close friends of the hearing.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mur...crime-commission/story-fncynjr2-1226939305798

Interesting ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back