GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It must hurt her father so much to know he couldn't save his daughter and to imagine her final terrified moments, I'm glad people are helping with funeral costs, this is just so sad.

It must hurt her father so much to know he couldn't save his daughter and to imagine her final terrified moments, I'm glad peopl are helping with funeral costs, this is just so sad.
I read somewhere in early MSM that Jayde's dad couldn't understand WHY he wasn't notified when Jayde didn't turn up for her shift.
I also ponder that.

When Jayde first went missing the news was reporting that Jayde had rung in to say she wouldn't be at work. If that was the case i wouldn't see why her employer would feel the need to contact her father.

I thought I read that jade had informed them she wouldn't be at work for that shift too.

Which I guess reiterates that she'd planned to spend a bit of time with BB.

I thought I read that jade had informed them she wouldn't be at work for that shift too.

Which I guess reiterates that she'd planned to spend a bit of time with BB.

I wonder what time that call was made. Before or after she was picked up by BB? I have looked but can't find a link anywhere, sorry.

I am expecting this case to take a few weird twists and turns as this matter unravels - very little facts are known about cause of death, or even their prior relationship (but they look pretty cosy in the photo that was doing the rounds) - based on GF's FB page BB was in a longish term serious relationship - but was he still seeing J? Did GF get wind of this? Did J indicate she would tell GF? Did BB get a little "pushy" in his physical advances and J not acquiesce ? Was it a thrill kill? Did BB have mental health issues? Was BB an ice addict? All just speculation based on human nature and the way these things usually play out? Very sad and what a waste of what seemed a very bright future. The defence has pleaded "exceptional circumstances" that will be brought to light......
All will be revealed soon enough.

I have a feeling you are on the mark, this case doesn't appear to be cut and dry. I just hope justice prevails in the end and person/s responsible are dealt with accordingly.
"Exceptional circimstances" - I'm interested to hear that. Does that mean he will plead not guilty to murder, but guilty to manslaughter? How does that roll?
I just hope the truth comes out, whatever it is. Let's hope the investigators are on the ball.

I have a feeling you are on the mark, this case doesn't appear to be cut and dry. I just hope justice prevails in the end and person/s responsible are dealt with accordingly.
"Exceptional circimstances" - I'm interested to hear that. Does that mean he will plead not guilty to murder, but guilty to manslaughter? How does that roll?
I just hope the truth comes out, whatever it is. Let's hope the investigators are on the ball.

Or the good old 'Diminished Responsibility' Then he could use his dark posts to support that.

Surely they would have to be able to back that up with a little more than his dark posts, do you think? Would he have needed a history of seeing someone in mental health? I wonder.... I also wonder if he could be seen as imaginative, considering he is a writer rather than dark? Interesting.

I am confused. I read in early reports that JK had not phoned in to cancel her shift, yet I have been told here that she had (one of us has to find something to back our assertions up). BB told police he dropped JK back at McDonalds. The phone call cancelling her shift obviously was not made in his presence if it happened.
The police have said Jayde's phone was turned off the whole time. My understanding is that it would have to be turned on even for a minute to make a 'cardless cash' withdrawal. So HOW did BB get JK's pin number? Physical force?

Surely they would have to be able to back that up with a little more than his dark posts, do you think? Would he have needed a history of seeing someone in mental health? I wonder.... I also wonder if he could be seen as imaginative, considering he is a writer rather than dark? Interesting.

Oh yes, of course he would. Generally speaking, there have been a number of cases where people seem to take that option as a way of staying out of jail, so I was just wondering if that was one of the pleas that will be given.

Thought of death and dying........ wouldn't be too hard to link that to depression by someone with a clever way with words... or wanting a way out!

I'm not suggesting for a moment that he's depressed and there has been nothing I've read or seen to indicate that, I'm merely speculating about what his defence might come up with. After all, they were discussing it before it had even been announced that Jayde's body had been found.

Also, the phone call to McDonald's might well have been made in his presence; we only have his word to take for that. That doesn't mean that it was - just a possibility

I am confused. I read in early reports that JK had not phoned in to cancel her shift, yet I have been told here that she had (one of us has to find something to back our assertions up). BB told police he dropped JK back at McDonalds. The phone call cancelling her shift obviously was not made in his presence if it happened.
The police have said Jayde's phone was turned off the whole time. My understanding is that it would have to be turned on even for a minute to make a 'cardless cash' withdrawal. So HOW did BB get JK's pin number? Physical force?

Very good question. There are a lot of questions to be answered in this case. Hopefully there will be some answers so that Jayde's family and friends can try to understand why they lost their beautiful girl.

Does anyone know what time the hearing is tomorrow and is it closed court??

I think perhaps you are right about her not phoning in, possum. I've been trying to find a link but I can't, but I do remember discussing it with my husband while watching the news (channel 9) so perhaps it was journalistic licence, perhaps gleaned (incorrectly) from the following:

'She had received a call asking her to come in early but told them she couldn’t. When she didn’t show up, they assumed that she had meant she couldn’t come in at all.'

~http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/.../story-fnihsrk2-1227493800155?from=public_rss

Or perhaps this is where I've become confused too. if I find anything further, I'll post.

In the meantime, we will just assume that she DIDN"T phone in and did fully expect to be there at the time.

His lawyer had said he was depressed and remorseful for the family. The thing is, if he is , why did he leave her out in the elements for so long, knowing fully well what had happened. Nope, I'm not buying that for a second.
Exactly, purpleandgreen, there was enough time for him/they to get some kind of story together unfirtunately - will it hold up though? Who knows what the story is going to be......will we have some kind of idea after tomorrow's hearing?

I think perhaps you are right about her not phoning in, possum. I've been trying to find a link but I can't, but I do remember discussing it with my husband while watching the news (channel 9) so perhaps it was journalistic licence, perhaps gleaned (incorrectly) from the following:

'She had received a call asking her to come in early but told them she couldn’t. When she didn’t show up, they assumed that she had meant she couldn’t come in at all.'

~http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/.../story-fnihsrk2-1227493800155?from=public_rss

Or perhaps this is where I've become confused too. if I find anything further, I'll post.

In the meantime, we will just assume that she DIDN"T phone in and did fully expect to be there at the time.

Yes i think your right . It was said very early on in the investigation . So that must be the report I was thinking about .

The info so far given out has been confusing to say the least

it would be interesting to hear what is said at the court case tomorrow .

Have a look at this:
Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood said Jayde failed to turn up to work an evening shift at the local McDonalds on the day she disappeared."She was supposed to be at work and picked up by her father at 9pm," he said.
"Now what we have established is that she left school about 3:15 on Friday afternoon, was seen to get into a red vehicle driven by a male person.
"We've ... established who that person is, we've interviewed that person and he's given a plausible version of events as to what's occurred."
http://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/police-slam-rumours-about-missing-girl-jayde-kenda/2746759/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back