GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's a restaurant in the Lockyer Valley named Jade Kitchen according to google.

Can someone please refresh my memory about posting things from FB here? Nothing against this post! Just saw something concerning and wondered if I was able to post a screenshot..

The answer to your question is no. Below are Websleuth's rules in regard to social media.

Social Media/Social Networking Links, e.g., Facebook and Twitter

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals

• Victim (missing or murdered person)
  • Suspect (as indicated by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
Not Allowed
Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.
Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual
Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them. Any exception must first be approved by an administrator or a moderator.[/QUOTE]

Police will allege Mr Bennetts, a school friend of Jayde's who finished his studies at Lockyer Valley District High School last year, murdered the teenager sometime between 3.20pm and 6pm on Friday, August 14, the day she vanished.

Mr Bennetts admitted to police he collected Jayde after school that day in his red Toyota Corolla but told them he dropped her off in time for her shift at a local McDonalds later that afternoon.

However, police will allege he killed her and dumped her body on a property in Upper Tenthill, 17 kilometres south of Gatton.

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queen...s-court-on-murder-charge-20150827-gj9ng4.html

Don't read too much into smiling at his parents - he must be ***** scared at the moment and looking over to his parents who have agreed to stand by him would be a huge relief atm. The poor parents must be in total shock and overnight have found themselves in a horrendous situation.

I think as a parent if my child had killed anyone I would feel a duty and societal pressure to make sure they get proper justice (innocent or guilty)- a court hearing etc. I am hoping that this is what these parents mean when they say they are going to stand by their son... I know 'not guilty' seems a stretch to us right now as we have the luxury of being cynical with what we see on this forum ----but we don't know all the murder details yet.

my only question is why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what the lawyer said after court today it sounds like they're gearing up to do some serious victim blaming here, I hope I'm wrong.

To me remorse would be calling an ambulance, alerting the police, asking for help. But he didn't go to the police to say Jayde was with him that day they went to him to question him. For 16 days he acted like all was normal that is not remorse. RIP Jayde.

The whole thing is sickening. I'm feeling so sorry for everyone involved. The photos of those poor schoolmates, shaken and shattered, are so painful to watch. The grieve Jayde's family and friends must feel is unimaginable. The fear and confusion the parents of the suspect experience must be terrible and I don't even want to think about something like this happening to my daughter, my son or anyone I know.

On top of all this horror and grieve, it is making me so very angry how this case is being treated by the media. Why is it necessary for the Courier Mail to have an entire front page covered with the face of the arrested boy. Why is it okay that now everyone knows him by his full name, even before it all went to court? He isn't convicted yet and I don't want to think about what permanent damage has already been done to a teenager's and his family's life, should he be found innocent.
It would have been far more appropriate to offer condolences to Jayde's family than showing a huge photo of the suspect. It is outrageous.

Qld Minister for @QPSMedia, @QldFES & @QldCorrections - (Police, Fire & Emergency Services & Corrective Services) @QldLabor Member for Bundamba.

@JoAnnMillerMP: In our grief, it's easy to post on social media in the heat of the moment, but it can have unintended consequences. #JaydeKendall 11.01am

@JoAnnMillerMP: We need to think about Jayde's family & the officers who worked hard to get a result. Let's not jeopardise that. #JaydeKendall 11.02am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good article, thanks. I liked this bit:

"I know there will be a lot of speculation about what has occurred, the circumstances surrounding the death of Jayde but the position is that there are circumstances that are behind what has occurred and a lot of circumstances are yet to be revealed.

Oh here we go!......she jumped out of the car and he panicked?
There's Toastee & Baden-Clay again. "It wasn't my fault she did it to herself".

I'll heed your advice Flinders. Sorry for my knee jerking.

I think he'll use something that will scurge her character, like she attacked him, or something awful that will drag her name through the mud.

The statement made by Brenden Bennetts lawyer did strongly suggest he was (or at least by the version of his events) somehow involved in the death of Jayde Kendall.

I wonder if posted above by someone else above if he (Bennetts) will apply for a lower degree... Manslaughter?

So far from media reports... I've not seen anything that says "who the person was" that withdrew the money. But did read that it was Bennetts car seen in CCTV footage.

It does strongly suggest that it was Bennetts tho?

They haven't reported of another "POI".

How did he get Jayde's pin number? (Possibly, unlikely, an accomplice with him?)

I can't help but imagine Jayde pleading for her life. .. and thats how he was given the pin number.

If perhaps there hadn't been withdrawals from her account. .. maybe it would seem a manslaughter case more plausible to those of us reading information reported by police, lawyer, media coverage.

After looking at Bennetts facebook page... its certainly quite unfortunate one of the status updates i read. Back in 2013. Even made by as a joke... LOOKS VERY BAD.

His facebook photos do not depict what I would consider a murderer to look like. He just looked like a normal everyday teenager to me.

There was nothing I saw that stood out like a sore thumb in his appearance... nothing that indicated a possible bad childhood to me.

PERHAPS that's an even scarier thought. And who can truly be trusted with our children?

I can understand why his family stated they would stand by their son and that they love him.

I would stand by my child no matter what as well. I think thats parental instinct.

BUT I would be wondering where I went wrong as a parent? For my teenager to end up in this type of situation.

The statement made by Brenden Bennetts lawyer did strongly suggest he was (or at least by the version of his events) somehow involved in the death of Jayde Kendall.

I wonder if posted above by someone else above if he (Bennetts) will apply for a lower degree... Manslaughter?

So far from media reports... I've not seen anything that says "who the person was" that withdrew the money. But did read that it was Bennetts car seen in CCTV footage.

It does strongly suggest that it was Bennetts tho?

They haven't reported of another "POI".

How did he get Jayde's pin number? (Possibly, unlikely, an accomplice with him?)

I can't help but imagine Jayde pleading for her life. .. and thats how he was given the pin number.

If perhaps there hadn't been withdrawals from her account. .. maybe it would seem a manslaughter case more plausible to those of us reading information reported by police, lawyer, media coverage.

After looking at Bennetts facebook page... its certainly quite unfortunate one of the status updates i read. Back in 2013. Even made by as a joke... LOOKS VERY BAD.

His facebook photos do not depict what I would consider a murderer to look like. He just looked like a normal everyday teenager to me.

There was nothing I saw that stood out like a sore thumb in his appearance... nothing that indicated a possible bad childhood to me.

PERHAPS that's an even scarier thought. And who can truly be trusted with our children?

I can understand why his family stated they would stand by their son and that they love him.

I would stand by my child no matter what as well. I think thats parental instinct.

BUT I would be wondering where I went wrong as a parent? For my teenager to end up in this type of situation.

I think I remember reading it was CBA? You can get money out without a PIN number if you have the mobile phone that is registered to the account. Careless cash. Maybe "they/he" used that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back