GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, and I'm sure the Police are aware of it, but directly opposite the entry to the laneway off Hope Street, is a parking garage with a security camera pointing up Hope Street towards Sydney Street. Sadly, it doesn't point across the road towards the laneway, but it may have recorded her movements should she have been accosted once turning down Hope Street towards her home.

It really could be anywhere on Sydney Road - it's pretty crowded on a Friday night, there's groups of people hanging around and talking, getting kebabs, trying to hail cabs, etc. It's hard to believe anything could happen.

Also... um, was that stupid thing of me to say? I'm obviously kind of worried for my own safety - I've walked probably a similar type of route to Jill hundreds of times, and if I was there I would have told her to walk home, no worries...

I found this site just by googling the case - it was one of the top results, and - I mean... whoever is responsible might have googled just the same, and might be reading all this, right? Is that paranoid? It just occurred to me, and it's creeping me out.

Personally, I think the photo of the bag on a bench, is erroneous. It appears to be a photo of a camera bag or similar. Do we know who took this photo? It could simply be a photo taken by media, accidentally of a police camera bag. It appears to a photo of the park bench seats on Hope Street *outside* the entrance to the laneway.

Makes perfect sense really. Cheers

Haha maybe not for an Irish woman.

I'm from Adelaide and it NEVER rains here.

And of course we love slagging off Melbourne's weather...but I do seem to recall showers on Friday, all the same?

Really?? Adelaides had quite a bit of rain!!

To me Jill's behaviour after parting with work colleagues seems really odd.

-Bar closes at 1am, TW and her part company at 1.30am.
-Phone call to brother somewhere around 1.45am to 2am. Voices in the background indicate that at this time she is either still in the bar (which its unlikely given its advertised closing time was 1am?) perhaps is in a different bar or is still somewhere on Sydney road.
Hi..

Doesn't seem unusual to me about the times.

My local pub also officially closes at 1am on a Friday night as in they don't allow anymore people to enter the pub. But those people who are already in the pub and who have been there for most or part of the night can often, depending on what is happening, party on for much longer. Sometimes til well after 2am where I am.

Other times too, on occassion, I go to the pub for dinner with mates and though the pub closes, we linger for a while after official closing time, more so if the pub manager and bar people aren't in too much of a rush to go home.

It sounds like you are familiar with Bar Etiquette. I have a strange question - where are the toilets located? Are they downstairs in a somewhat creepy area and possibly shared by other buildings with access to the outside, or even upstairs with access to the roof.

Visiting the "ladies room" is usually the last place I go, when leaving restaurants etc, and sometimes, they are dark and dingy along side rooms with mops etc. (or maybe it's just the class of place I frequent :) )

I'm trying to figure out if someone saw her by herself and followed her. A long shot, I know.

It's possible BUT

There are no signs of a struggle.

Because of this, I'd wager she was taken by vehicle. Someone following her from a bar would have to have known where she was headed to be able to intercept her by car. Someone on foot would have had to intercept and fight with her right there (she knew Tae kwondo).

Actually come to think of it, anyone following her would have had to have known where she was headed to intercept her, as she went down some short cuts where vehicles may not be able to go/park.

The same car was possibly used to drop the handbag off, by the way it was placed it was just dropped out of a car door which then drove on.

Ok now I'm starting to convince myself she knew her abductor and went willingly.

My opinion only as usual.

It sounds like you are familiar with Bar Etiquette.

I'm familiar with the area, but I've only been to BE twice. I remember there's kind of a dingy courtyard and I want to say the toilets are there, but I could be wrong. I wonder whether she would have been in the courtyard or in the bar? It would depend on whether she smokes/was with smokers.

Probably the bar, if they were closing up. So she could have gone through the courtyard to get to the toilets (if I'm remembering that right - feel free to correct me, anyone) and yeah, technically someone could have been hiding there. But there's no back access to my knowledge. There's a Thai restaurant next door but I don't know if it has a courtyard that you could jump the fence to.

And the staff said they saw her leave, I thought?

This a link to the husbands interview. He does say she only took her bankcard and phone-At the 11 second mark. He then talks about the bar workers, but says they said she left that bar at 1:30 with work friends and went to another bar after that?- about 1:40 in to the video. At 2:40ish is his answer to the midlife crisis question. At 2:50ish he says '...the day before she left' then quickly corrects himself. I would like to see a statement analysis of his interview. Moo

*different link then original post

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0924/breaking7.html

Hi..

Doesn't seem unusual to me about the times.

My local pub also officially closes at 1am on a Friday night as in they don't allow anymore people to enter the pub. But those people who are already in the pub and who have been there for most or part of the night can often, depending on what is happening, party on for much longer. Sometimes til well after 2am where I am.

Other times too, on occassion, I go to the pub for dinner with mates and though the pub closes, we linger for a while after official closing time, more so if the pub manager and bar people aren't in too much of a rush to go home.

Fair enough that she might party on after the bar closes, but we do have confirmation that her last friend left at 1.30am, so that means unless she was partying with the bar staff (which they should be able to confirm either way) she was on her own in the area for around half an hour.

it also appears that her friend was under the impression she was leaving as he offered to walk her home.

Yes, i guess what's unusual would vary depending on the person. I know I try and avoid hanging out in night spots on my own at late hours though, as you do tend to stand out and attract the wrong kind of attention (however this is after i was very lax about safety when i was younger and got myself into some hairy situations).

This does not look good.

No. Particularly not for the husband.

I do understand they need to 'rule out' any direct involvement, but the inclusion of Homicide so quickly now this, the Detectives 'know' something significant. :please:

Someone much earlier in the thread couldn't understand why the bag wasn't found until yesterday. If the media reports are correct, there's your answer - Police are questioning if it was planted Sunday or Monday.

Bar Etquette is cash only... did he not mention that she took cash because it's obvious, or...? There are ATMs around, but if you're going to a cash-only bar you'd take cash, right?

Interesting...but it wasn't her first stop for the evening, she went somewhere else before.

I would imagine there are ATMs on every corner anyway.

Also, the police mentioned that they found her bag with "all her cards inside"....do they mean bank cards? I think they do.

Which means someone has some explaining to do...

I would have thought examining her home and her husband would just be standard operations, done in every murder investigation. I don't think it signifies anything.

Personally, I think the photo of the bag on a bench, is erroneous. It appears to be a photo of a camera bag or similar. Do we know who took this photo? It could simply be a photo taken by media, accidentally of a police camera bag. It appears to a photo of the park bench seats on Hope Street *outside* the entrance to the laneway.

It is not the same bag shown on the news and it looks like a camera case to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow