GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, her family is in Perth. Mother, father, and brother who has now flown to Melbourne to help. Perth is 2 hours behind Melbourne, so she still would have been calling at about midnight Perth time

And re the police going to her home - I would have thought that is pretty standard procedure. They'd want samples of her DNA, her fingerprints, other credit cards and bank accounts, etc etc. Plus background information, diaries, notes she may have written, whatever. And none of that would necessarily implicate the husband.

It is not SOP for Homicide Detectives to work a missing person case.

For this to have occurred, there must be compelling evidence that she is no longer alive.

I have absolutely no clue what this evidence may be.

I can assure you that Homicide detectives do not involve themselves in marital disputes which would make up 99.9% of cases of disappearing spouses.

There is some evidence of significance here that we do not know about.

Ask yourselves - a missing person case in your own country - for me, it's always Daniel Morcombe - did Homicide and forensics go through their house (where they were NOT last seen) only 4 days after the disappearance? The families usually have to fight tooth and claw to get ANY investigations done.

It is unheard of. Most missing persons cases are resolved within 48 hours with the missper turning up shamefaced somewhere.

This is a murder investigation, not a missing person investigation. That is quite clear.

ETA - CLEAR TO ME ANYWAY. :moo:

:cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow:

I am butting in here but here is an article from yesterday about her phone records -

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/courier-mail/cctv-in-search-for-missing-jill-meagher/791904

Mr Meagher told 3AW this morning that he rang his wife's mobile phone "non-stop" from 2am to 6am on Saturday with no success.
He also went out looking for her at about 4am after she didn't come home.
Phone records which could shed vital clues into the disappearance of Ms Meagher are due to be retrieved today.

BBM
Thank you for posting that link!!!

The timing is really important in this case, and it has been said that Jill left the bar around 1:30. I wonder how accurate this time is, and if Jill was seen actually leaving by bar staff, and if she was with TW or not. If she left with him, it may have taken him a while to hail a cab and she may have stayed with him chatting while he did so, making her actual departure later than 1:30. I wish reporters would ask him about this.

If however, she left at 1:30 and walked straight home, she would have probably been home or outside her home by 1:45 which is when her brother said she called him (actual time could be verified through phone records).

For this to have occurred, there must be compelling evidence that she is no longer alive.

I can assure you that Homicide detectives do not involve themselves in marital disputes which would make up 99.9% of cases of disappearing spouses.

Ask yourselves - a missing person case in your own country - for me, it's always Daniel Morcombe - did Homicide and forensics go through their house (where they were NOT last seen) only 4 days after the disappearance? The families usually have to fight tooth and claw to get ANY investigations done.

It is unheard of. Most missing persons cases are resolved within 48 hours with the missper turning up shamefaced somewhere.

This is a murder investigation, not a missing person investigation. That is quite clear.

Where has it been stated this is a murder investigation? I have not seen it in msm. I may have missed the msm if so please post a link.
Reposting.

Homicide Squad Missing Persons Unit, were called in when the handbag was found....

Today police found her handbag and its contents in nearby Hope Street.

Detective Inspector John Potter says the circumstances of the case are worrying.

"As a result of that, today the Homicide Squad Missing Persons Unit have taken over the case," he said.

"And we're hopeful for the best obviously, but we have some concerns that she may have met with foul play. It's not too late to tell us, or indeed if Jillian can hear this, please contact us."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/int...arance/1019610
Edit/Delete Message

Anyone have a recommendation for a good reporter/news source to follow for this case? The reporters for Allison Baden-Clay's case were excellent. They had photos on twitter of LE leaving inlaw's home with evidence bags within seconds. I can't find a single up-to-the minute source for Jill. Tia and moo

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-search-home-of-missing-woman-20120924-26gku.html

In this video interview he is saying the search of the flat is SOP in that the handbag seems to have been either missed on the first search, or placed ... hence they are taking a homicide approach. I wish I could express myself better.

This a link to the husbands interview. He does say she only took her bankcard and phone-At the 11 second mark. He then talks about the bar workers, but says they said she left that bar at 1:30 with work friends and went to another bar after that?- about 1:40 in to the video. At 2:40ish is his answer to the midlife crisis question. At 2:50ish he says '...the day before she left' then quickly corrects himself. I would like to see a statement analysis of his interview. Moo

*different link then original post

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0924/breaking7.html

On the contrary my head would be all over the place and struggling to remember correct info
If my husband were missing.
I am still following the Baden-Clay case and was convinced the husband was guilty from day one.... I don't have the
Same feeling with this at the moment, even after watching his interview.

When we took our walk past the apartments (with all the media outside) it was about 12.45pm. I didn't see any Forensic Vans there then so they were either lightning quick (if the report is correct and they lobbed at 12.15pm), were there to collect something very specific or had moved their vans to the underground carpark.

Where has it been stated this is a murder investigation? I have not seen it in msm. I may have missed the msm if so please post a link.
Reposting.

Homicide Squad Missing Persons Unit, were called in when the handbag was found....

Today police found her handbag and its contents in nearby Hope Street.

Detective Inspector John Potter says the circumstances of the case are worrying.

"As a result of that, today the Homicide Squad Missing Persons Unit have taken over the case," he said.

"And we're hopeful for the best obviously, but we have some concerns that she may have met with foul play. It's not too late to tell us, or indeed if Jillian can hear this, please contact us."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/int...arance/1019610
Edit/Delete Message

Many apologies, I didn't put my little cow in - my opinion only.

I will edit.

Morcombe case is different. Daniel was a child and was not married/partnered. We know those people are the first suspected. His parents were in the city when he was taken. In this case there is a spouse who was 'at the marital home alone' with no other alibi.

Homicide state they only took over the case once the bag was found, due to its suspicious nature

Edited: It seems others had similar thoughts and posted whilst I was typing lol.

On the contrary my head would be all over the place and struggling to remember correct info
If my husband were missing.
I am still following the Baden-Clay case and was convinced the husband was guilty from day one.... I don't have the
Same feeling with this at the moment, even after watching his interview.

I purposely do not watch the interviews.

I do not find them helpful.

I prefer fact. Or as close to it as msm allows.

it has been repeatedly reported that it is the Homicide squads missing person unit that are investigating because the circumstances are worrying.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-24/jill-meagher-missing/4276752

Morcombe case is different. Daniel was a child and was not married/partnered. We know those people are the first suspected. His parents were in the city when he was taken. In this case there is a spouse who was 'at the marital home alone' with no other alibi.

Homicide state they only took over the case once the bag was found, due to its suspicious nature

Edited: It seems others had similar thoughts and posted whilst I was typing lol.

Daniel was a child, therefore even LESS likely to disappear under his own steam.

Children who disappear statistically also come to grief at the hands of "loved ones" and none of Daniel's family had alibis.

They did not treat his home as a crime scene as they had no suspicion or evidence to suggest that it was. They did however believe his disappearance was suspicious from day one...but NOT at the hands of his family.

I purposely do not watch the interviews.

I do not find them helpful.

I prefer fact. Or as close to it as msm allows.

"I can do some s/a but it's never very well received on here so I never bother, except for personal reasons.

I don't need to do it in this case however.

My mind was made up from the get go...just like Alison Baden Clay.

Same old story.
"

That statement from you earlier pretty much states you have made up your mind regardless of facts at this stage.. in my opinion anyway

Daniel was a child, therefore even LESS likely to disappear under his own steam.

Children who disappear statistically also come to grief at the hands of "loved ones" and none of Daniel's family had alibis.

They did not treat his home as a crime scene as they had no suspicion or evidence to suggest that it was. They did however believe his disappearance was suspicious from day one...but NOT at the hands of his family.

I am not familiar with the intricacies of Daniel's case. It was fairly obvious that his parents were innocent but I would hope that they were actually under suspicion for a short period of time. Surely the police would not be doing their job if they didn't even entertain that thought and investigate all areas? Especially based on the statistics.

Just thinking about the bag situation and people's suspicions about whether she took it/why she left one/did she go home first etc....I am going out after work on a friday night for work drinks, I will often take a small bag with me to work in the morning with just my essentials rather than be lumped with my big one when I finish work & want to go for a few drinks. I also don't tend to take anything extra with me on a friday and wear non-business/corporate attire, or something a bit dressy so I will be looking nice for the evening.

Perhaps thats how her husband know that she didn't take much with her and left her big bag/purse/handbag with all her extras in it at home....

Yes by SomTom but did Jill go home straight after work to leave her purse,(wallet coin credit card receptacle etc) and normal everyday handbag there before she went out? Putting just her credit card and phone and make up stuff in an another handbag to go out with.

(If she didnt go home and went straight to the pub then she would have had to have left that handbag at work and not at home which her husband states she did?) When did he get home that night when did he last see Jill? Conveniently we don't know these things.

And it then begs the question did she get cash out that night or carry cash cause she was at a Cash only bar (Bar Etiquette). Obviously her handbag wouldn't have been left with cash in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper