GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary my head would be all over the place and struggling to remember correct info
If my husband were missing.
I am still following the Baden-Clay case and was convinced the husband was guilty from day one.... I don't have the
Same feeling with this at the moment, even after watching his interview.

I understand. I am 50/50. From following statement analysis and Body language experts I see some flags that make me question what he is saying, but he also appears genuinely concerned. I know that something can be a flag but paired with something else the person does makes it normal and expected behavior. I don't have the knack for doing either of these types of analysis, which frustrates me! Moo

It is interesting that in the video with DI John Potter that Police are particularly interested in speaking to anyone who saw Jill at both the Brunswick Green or Bar Etiquette. They seem more focused on that than on asking for witnesses of her walking home. I wonder why? What do they suspect happened earlier in the night? I would imagine they have spoken to the colleagues she was out with... What are they looking for that her friends can't offer?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-search-home-of-missing-woman-20120924-26gku.html

There's a picture of Forensic staff in the apartment.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

It certainly doesn't look like they're there to collect a hairbrush or toothbrush.

Snipped from link above:

"Questions about the handbag have emerged as more than 60 calls were made to Crime Stoppers about the disappearance of the Irish-born woman, with other women reporting abduction attempts in the vicinity of where the ABC worker vanished from Melbourne's inner-north."

"The desperate search for Ms Meagher comes as Victoria Police figures show reported abduction and kidnap offences have skyrocketed in the region, up from 226 in the previous financial year to 291, a rise of 28.8 per cent.

There were 611 offences recorded in this category in 2011-2012, and 159 of those occurred on the street."

It is interesting that in the video with DI John Potter that Police are particularly interested in speaking to anyone who saw Jill at both the Brunswick Green or Bar Etiquette. They seem more focused on that than on asking for witnesses of her walking home. I wonder why? What do they suspect happened earlier in the night? I would imagine they have spoken to the colleagues she was out with... What are they looking for that her friends can't offer?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-search-home-of-missing-woman-20120924-26gku.html

Wonder if they're wondering if someone was seen watching her at both bars? The possiblity someone stalked her all night? Or how her demeanour was? Was someone hitting on her and she turned down their advances?

I purposely do not watch the interviews.

I do not find them helpful.

I prefer fact. Or as close to it as msm allows.

:cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow:

I don't watch formal interviews. I find those a load of $&#, but the video I linked to is of TM outside with a group of reporters firing off questions. It is all off the cuff.

that's a really interesting interview imo.

He seemed to be handling the questioning quite well, and then at the 3 minute mark seems to be quite uncomfortable being questioned imo.

imo the mark on his face is very circular too - very round & possibly the circumference of a cigarette? Otherwise an extremely violent pimple going on....

i'd like to see the brother give an interview, just for comparison...

I hope people are coming forward. I think the lack of cctv and electronic transactions there makes it a big blank. Probably her colleagues stories need to be verified and the timeline locked down some more.

It sounds like a bit of a dodgy establishment to me. I am not far away from this area and the places around here that are run on cash only, family friendly restaurants, are linked with "underbelly" folk, at least via rumour.

I have stated this on other threads... and I am going to state it now again...

I feel the home of the missing person should be thoroughly searched at the very beginning of a case.. even as other LE are expanding the searches outward.

Valuable evidence may be gathered without chance of contamination if searches were handled initially this way.

Even if the missing's last whereabouts are not at the home, there is still DNA collection, obvious missing/added items, pix of all rooms, nooks and crannies that can be changed by normal daily living, return of perp, or family members who are potential POI's.

And... if this is SOP of LE... then no one can feel they are being descriminated against.

I am no expert at all.. but I can see cases that I am following would be concluded by now, potentially, had this style of searching been mandatory.

JMO and MOO

:eek:fftobed:

I have a feeling we are going to be in for more twists and turns in this case tomorrow, and before a solution is found in the final outcome.

:peace:

Wonder if they're wondering if someone was seen watching her at both bars? The possiblity someone stalked her all night? Or how her demeanour was? Was someone hitting on her and she turned down their advances?

Exactly what I was wondering.

I know in these cases the spouse is always everyones number 1 suspect, but I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Because, if they aren't the perpetrator then they are living an unimaginable hell.

I thought in the interview, he looked like a tortured husband in complete disbelief that he is even giving a media conference. I think in these cases you are damned by public opinion either way. You have 1. Gerard Baden-Clay who refused to give any assistance, completely shut down and gave one little 2 minute interview (of completely no substance) and we decide his guilt. Then in this case we have the complete opposite. A man willingly giving his time, effort and answering every question thrown at him and he is being judged the same way.

I truly hope she's OK. I truly hope he's not involved and for now my gut tells me he's not. but hey, I'm not privvy to the facts of the case...

I hope people are coming forward. I think the lack of cctv and electronic transactions there makes it a big blank. Probably her colleagues stories need to be verified and the timeline locked down some more.

It sounds like a bit of a dodgy establishment to me. I am not far away from this area and the places around here that are run on cash only, family friendly restaurants, are linked with "underbelly" folk, at least via rumour.

Bar Etiquette seems OK to me. They say their reason for cash only is fast service. it's a pretty busy bar. Not so much dodgy, more filled with hipsters really. In my opinion :) I quite like the area, I know my sister loves living there and makes use of it :) She's not seedy in any way (again in my opinion!).

I understand. I am 50/50. From following statement analysis and Body language experts I see some flags that make me question what he is saying, but he also appears genuinely concerned. I know that something can be a flag but paired with something else the person does makes it normal and expected behavior. I don't have the knack for doing either of these types of analysis, which frustrates me! Moo

I agree with you Yoda. There is something that just doesn't quite sit right in the interview. It could be that there were marital issues and he is feeling defensive because of that. The part where he says 'when she left' and then corrects with 'whatever happened' in an almost dismissive way is odd. I am by no means suggesting he is guilty of anything but I feel some discomfort in watching his answers.

I agree with you Yoda. There is something that just doesn't quite sit right in the interview. It could be that there were marital issues and he is feeling defensive because of that. The part where he says 'when she left' and then corrects with 'whatever happened' in an almost dismissive way is odd. I am by no means suggesting he is guilty of anything but I feel some discomfort in watching his answers.

Well he'd feel pretty rotten having been asleep when she texted.

From Twitter: "Police have removed bags full of potential evidence from the apartment of Tom and Jill Meagher"

Well he'd feel pretty rotten having been asleep when she texted.

I didn't get any I could/should have done more vibe. He didn't appear to be beating himself up. *And not that he should have.

I think it would be helpful if a picture of the handbag was released along with a mock up of the clothes Jill was wearing. This might jog memories.

@CandiceWyatt10
BREAKING Police have removed bags full of potential evidence from the apartment of Tom and Jill Meagher @tennewsmelb

Attachments

• A3nTyQlCMAA4SIU.jpg
    A3nTyQlCMAA4SIU.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 44
From Twitter: Police are stressing that the forensic inspection of Jill Meagher's home is routine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow