GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something really interesting - if you watch the clock on the cctv footage - 5 seconds is cut out. From 1:42:47 to 1:42:52. And these are the last 5 seconds that blue hoodie is in shot. What happened in those those 5 seconds? And why have they been removed? There are no other time lapses in the footage from what I can see

I was just about to say that - maybe it was something Gillian did too?

This was at 1:41 right ? (or did they change it now to 1:43?)earlier police stated the call to her brother was made at 1:43 and lasted several minutes, so that means nothing happened for somewhere (maybe up to10 minutes) after this footage.

I also wonder if he heard the accent and thought here's an easy mark.

Plus the thought of someone slipping her a roofy is not out of the question.

If you look very closely at this CCTV footage, you'll see at about 0:47 that Jill turns around and looks south over her shoulder and then she waves. Her hand waving is partly obscured by the shop face but if you look closely you can see it.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8538868/cctv-released-in-jill-meagher-case

Thanks for that link, Makara. It's definately the best video snippet to watch. As its edited down and I could pay more attention to detail. Interesting..

Maybe he's asking her for train/bus fare. To me Jill looks like her feet hurt ALOT.

Agree. One of those pests who hang around the city and tell you they only need (insert amount) for their train fare home to visit sick mother/grandmother/pet budgie.
There IS something about him though.

does anyone know if there is a laneway between Duchess 517 Sydney rd and alasya ker]babs at 555 Sydney road.

blue hoodie was striding purposefully first of all, could he have had an accomplice and van in a laneway alerting them that a target was approaching.

how easy and noticable would it be if a van was partway out of a laneway blocking the footpath and pedestrians had to walk around the back of it to get past.

MOO

There are no laneways but Hope Street begins at 545 Sydney Road and there are many alleys off that. There could have definitely been a car waiting there.

It almost looks like she called out to him and he came walking back and that maybe she asked him for something...IMO

One of the frustrating things I keep thinking about is the times. My iPhone has a different time to hubby's, my computer is different again. Ya know what I mean? A few minutes here and there.

One of the frustrating things I keep thinking about is the times. My iPhone has a different time to hubby's, my computer is different again. Ya know what I mean? A few minutes here and there.

I thought that too, but the entire point of CCTV is that it be accurate, so it's likely synched correctly to GMT. Cops would have checked that even we can't.

I think I may be mistaken about Gillian waving. In this video, which is much clearer, it looks like she turns around to look behind her and then lifts her phone to her ear. IMO Blue Hoodie looks like he is hassling her and she is becoming concerned.

I'll have some screencaps up of the CCTV footage soon so that we can all get a better look.

Jill Meagher CCTV Footage - YouTube

There are always people haggling you for a money here in popular area....if not money...then smokes.......One thing I have to say and I am not knocking her because I myself have been on many many big nights out after work....is that she seems really unsteady on her feet.....I am wondering if this guy has been hassling her the whole way and coming back and going like he seems to do (maybe trying to start up conversations as they do) and she looks back to see if anyone else is around so she feels a bit more secure...........I personally think after seeing this that this guy in the hoody is the key

notice when they first come into view in the youtube footage they pause and t looks like he has his arm around her or is harrassing her and getting too close.
hes probably been in her face all the way up the street.

It's important to note that this may not be the entirety of the footage that they have. They may have only released this snippet to help identify the witnesses/MM because these people are integral to the case and may have seen what happened.

Here's to hoping someone comes forward soon. It seems there was still a fair amount of traffic in the area (both pedestrians and drivers), someone has to have seen something. Hopefully this footage will jog someone's memory.

If you look closely, at 1.52 (YouTube timer) or 1:42:27 (CCTV timer) you can clearly see his hand reach up to her hair or shoulder (look through the spiral clothes rack, and between the far right mannequin and the right hand wall of the shop front). She sems to brush her hair back and recoil slightly and then start to walk away. She does not appear comfortable in this man's presence.

notice when they first come into view in the youtube footage they pause and t looks like he has his arm around her or is harrassing her and getting too close.
hes probably been in her face all the way up the street.

Yes, whoever he is and whatever he was up to (or not) that footage def looks like he had his right arm around her, sort of trying to move her along.

It's just plain creepy seeing how his walking pace and demeanour changes throughout the video.

In the vision of he and Jill on the far right of the screen in front of the mannequins his hair looks fairly light, even looks a silvery grey to me.

Poor Jill and her poor loved ones :((

The shoes would have made her quite vulnerable .. I feel her pain as she's walking along in those ..

I thought that too, but the entire point of CCTV is that it be accurate, so it's likely synched correctly to GMT. Cops would have checked that even we can't.

I'm not so sure. Hubby's a cop and says (at least in Sydney) that the store owner would set the time or synced to their computer depending on the CCTV system. He said that a lot he watches has no time set, just the --:--. Regardless, I guess my point is there is no common time device. Her brother says the call was 1.43. 1.43 on his phone might be 1.45 on the CCTV etc etc. Mear seconds seem so crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3