GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having trouble with office works printing out flyers? Apparently they can't do it althought the Facebook page say it is set up! I'll try again tomorrow and get hopefully get some posters up, I'll target train lines, as a train traveller:)

Unless you have 9th degree black belt in some asian sort of fighting sport as a woman being tooo careful at night should be your mantra. Just cant make sense of her situation. But am I going to risk walking 500 m for the sake of waking up my husband - no way - I would call him and tell him to meet me at the pub to walk home. Unless she went off with someone else. Maybe she decided to go to another bar so hubby wasn't in the loop. At the very least if she was alone she could have called hubby telling him not to worry I won't be home till morn or even I need to talk (on the mob) and walk at the very least. If he was out looking for her at 4am one would assume he was expecting her back at 2am. Why wouldn't he go meet her and walk her home and why did she refuse that guy was he coming on to her and her hubby new he was a bit of a player?

All good points Liadan. I just cannot understand why Jill would choose to walk home at that hour of the night, even though it was a short distance to her house. Jill's husband stated in his interview that the last person to see her had gotten into a taxi and Jill set off to walk home alone. Why didn't this person offer to give her a lift in the taxi, if was only a short distance and then proceed to his own destination. It seems that Jill may have wanted to walk, apparently having done so previously. But why? Did she feel uncomfortable with this person? As you said Liadan, why didn't she phone her husband to let him know that she was on her way home or for him to come and meet her? Was this person in the taxi Tim Wright who has stated that he offered to walk Jill home, or was it someone else? I'm also wondering if Jill's last drink was spiked.

Jill's husband has stated that she didn't take a handbag and ID with her on Friday night. She only had her phone and bankcard. He's also stated that Jill and her work colleagues went out after work, initially to a pub or bar in the city, then proceeded to The Brunswick Green and later to Bar Etiquette. If Jill left from work, how would he know whether she had a bag with her or not? If she didn't have her handbag with her, how did it turn up in the alley off Hope Street, not far from where she was last seen?

There have been no reports of any physical foul play (blood etc.). There have been no reports of screams or an altercation having been witnessed in the area where her handbag was found. It seems to have been placed on the ground with none of the contents scattered as seen in the video of the police photographing the bag. All very strange.

BBM.

MOO.

She walked because it was 5 minutes away. She had been drinking and her thinking may have been distorted. Honestly, I have done this many times. You think this won't happen to you especially in a area you have travelled numerous times and feel comfortable in. I'm shocked that people think her walking home at that time of night is weird. It's very common, very.

All good points Liadan. I just cannot understand why Jill would choose to walk home at that hour of the night, even though it was a short distance to her house. Jill's husband stated in his interview that the last person to see her had gotten into a taxi and Jill set off to walk home alone. Why didn't this person offer to give her a lift in the taxi, if was only a short distance and then proceed to his own destination. It seems that Jill may have wanted to walk, apparently having done so previously. But why? Did she feel uncomfortable with this person? As you said Liadan, why didn't she phone her husband to let him know that she was on her way home or for him to come and meet her? Was this person in the taxi Tim Wright who has stated that he offered to walk Jill home, or was it someone else? I'm also wondering if Jill's last drink was spiked.

MOO.

According to one newspaper report (The Sun in UK), she text him earlier suggesting he joined her at the pub. He said he was asleep and didn't notice the text till later, around 1.00am So, perhaps she thought there was no point phoning him, as she probably guessed he'd slept through the text.

However, it does get me thinking ..... she'd been out all night straight from work, so could have asked him along much earlier - from the beginning of the night. Was it because someone she was with was making her uncomfortable, and she thought she'd feel better if her husband was there. Maybe someone was coming onto her?

If she was worried walking home (maybe thinking she was being followed), then if she hadn't been able to get hold of her husband earlier, then I guess it makes sense that she phone her brother, as she just wanted to be talking to someone so anyone following knew she had a "witness". However, why not phone the friend who'd just got the taxi and ask them to come and pick her up?

Perhaps the "worried phone call" is just chinese whisper - she could just have been worried about her father's condition. I guess it would help if we knew how she ended the call. Was she cut off, or did she end it properly. The fact the brother said he kept trying to call her back, makes me think it was a normal end to the call. However, if that was me and I was worried (about being followed?) whilst walking home alone, I just call the police.

According to one newspaper report (The Sun in UK), she text him around 1.00am suggesting he joined her at the pub. He said he was asleep and didn't notice the text till later. So, I guess she thought there was no point phoning him, as she probably guessed he'd slept through the 1.00am text.

However, it does get me thinking ..... funny time to text your husband to join you, 1.00am. She'd been out all night straight from work, so could have asked him along much earlier. Was it because someone she was with was making her uncomfortable, and she thought she'd feel better if her husband was there. Maybe someone was coming onto her?

He didnt get the text until about 1am as he was asleep, it doesnt say what time it was sent.

Tom said: “She texted me asking me to come down to the pub but I was asleep at the time so I didn’t get the message until about 1am.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-terror-for-missing-girl-Im-freaking-out.html

According to one newspaper report (The Sun in UK), she text him around 1.00am suggesting he joined her at the pub. He said he was asleep and didn't notice the text till later. So, I guess she thought there was no point phoning him, as she probably guessed he'd slept through the 1.00am text.

However, it does get me thinking ..... funny time to text your husband to join you, 1.00am. She'd been out all night straight from work, so could have asked him along much earlier. Was it because someone she was with was making her uncomfortable, and she thought she'd feel better if her husband was there. Maybe someone was coming onto her?

I think it's too hard to speculate. It could be for many reasons, she may not have been planning a big night, maybe he was elsewhere earlier, but she was having a good time and wanted to stay out and so thought he might want to head back out and join them.

Hey all. Been out in the real world for a while, but this case piqued my interest. I don't get the vibe from the husband that he was involved. There are no red flags as far as what he's said. IMO. It's not like the other case we've discussed where the husband and family were waving the red flag in everyone's face. The bag is interesting but if was under a car it wouldn't have been visible in the early morning hours of Saturday by the husband in a panic, or by police doing rudimentary searches.

He said he didn't notice the text til 1am. He had been asleep at the time the text came in.
He didn't say what time she sent the text.

Tom said: “She texted me asking me to come down to the pub but I was asleep at the time so I didn’t get the message until about 1am"

Hey all. Been out in the real world for a while, but this case piqued my interest. I don't get the vibe from the husband that he was involved. There are no red flags as far as what he's said. IMO. It's not like the other case we've discussed where the husband and family were waving the red flag in everyone's face. The bag is interesting but if was under a car it wouldn't have been visible in the early morning hours of Saturday by the husband in a panic, or by police doing rudimentary searches.

Welcome bac to WS. Wasn't the bag found next to a car? Or was it under?

Jmo but I think it's too early to start blaming the husband. Tonight on the news he looked defeated, his eyes were popping out of his head. I think that we need to remember that everyone deals with stressful situations differently. Having sudden media swamped in your face can be a rather daunting ordeal, and not everyone responds to it in the same way. Bless this family, seems like they have gone through to much tragedy recently.

Welcome bac to WS. Wasn't the bag found next to a car? Or was it under?

I'm not sure. I just saw something on tv and it was beside a car but I don't know if that's where it was found. Until we see the police spokesman say where it was found, it could have been either.

I agree.

Jmo but I think it's too early to start blaming the husband. Tonight on the news he looked defeated, his eyes were popping out of his head. I think that we need to remember that everyone deals with stressful situations differently. Having sudden media swamped in your face can be a rather daunting ordeal, and not everyone responds to it in the same way. Bless this family, seems like they have gone through to much tragedy recently.

I changed my post to correct the timings - but you all picked up on my mistake before my edited version appeared!!

By the way, I'm not accusing the husband - what I meant was, did she text him to come out to the pub as she wasn't feeling comfortable with someone she was with?

Seems to me she didn't make it home -at the moment, I'm thinking stranger following her/unfortunate encounter on route home ....... or someone stalking her during the night out and taking his opportunity whilst she was alone. And obviously, the last person to see her alive is always a suspect - but the fact he's admitted to being the last one to see her probably means he is telling the truth.

First, I have to say that I don't live in Melbourne, and don't know the area.

But I've just been looking at the Google maps and satellite views of the area.

Couple of points:

1. It looks a fair distance from the Etiquette Bar to where she lives on Lux Way

2. The area behind the shopfronts and facades looks to be fairly industrial - not the sort of place I'd expect an attractive woman to be out walking alone

3. As for taking short cuts through laneways and alleys - I can't see any that jump out at me on the map or satellite view, PLUS to get from Sydney Rd to where she lives she would have to cross the railway line. There looks to be a crossing on Hope St, but not by cutting through between buildings before that.

4. Although I don't know the area, it does appear that the main drag along Sydney St may well be brightly lit and busy, but once you turn off onto Hope St, my impression is that it changes to much more "industrial". I should stress that is only my impression from looking at the satellite view on Google Maps.

<modsnip>

Been catching up on this thread and wanted to just add my thoughts:

A "purse" in the UK and Ireland is a female version of a wallet, not a handbag.
Not sure if that's the same in Australia? But the hubby is Irish, so he could very well have been completely correct when he said she left her purse at home and only took out her bank card.

My purse is full of cards such as credit cards, driving license, store discount cards etc....if I lost my purse on a night out, that'd be a LOT of phonecalls to make to get them all cancelled/replaced. So sometimes I just take my bankcard out in my pocket/bag and get out my cash with it.

I had a question too if anyone knows the answer - do we know who it was who said that Jill was having a "midlife crisis"? It sounds like that person is trying to insinuate that she maybe did a runner away from her current life....just a thought. If this person said this, why do they want the police to go down that avenue of thought? Are they hiding something? (may be nothing, just a thought that popped into my head)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob