GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this wasn't for such a critical reason (to help find Jill)...

Reading the observations of the very same short video... and seeing how each person perceives it in major or minor ways is such an interesting exercise!

I am thinking at times that LE may have someone else in the group in mind... but has led us to believe this is the guy so as to not influence the public's perceptions.

JMO

(I have psychology in my background... and its showing ...:blushing: )

I'm in my final year of a psych degree, so I completely understand. :)
It just goes to show that different situations can be perceived SO differently by different people, and at this point in time, it's hard to say whether any of these perceptions are right or wrong. I think that's one of the reasons WS is so amazing, with so many different opinions, ideas and backgrounds we can really explore all the possibilities. Very very interesting, although it's sad that horrible crimes such as these are the things that bring us together.

I mentioned this because I've seen it in cases before, where the public is almost 'led' to believe something when the truth is quite different from the way everyone perceives it. I honestly believe LE have more information than they have released, I also believe the CCTV footage is a lot longer than the clip we've all seen. Time will tell.

I imagine LE has shown this to Tom M. by now to ask if any of the "Mystery People" look familiar to him....

By the way... who all would LE show this video to....

colleagues at work, church, Fitness Clubs?, but...many people don't watch news on TV as much...

I guess these people would be checking Find Jill Meagher page, and view it there.

Just thinking through my finger tips!

Bar staff from the relevant bars?

I've noticed there hasn't been any finger pointing at Jills husband on here since the CCTV footage was released.....

Hi. Another newbie here.

That's actually the reason I finally joined and stopped lurking so I could comment on the above. (I have always followed missing person cases ever since a girl I went to high school with disappeared and to this day always wonder how does someone just disappear?)

I didn't actually think the husband was in any way guilty in this instance whereas there are other cases like Baden-Clay where I have just thought something was off.

I think this is very much a case of some lowlife taking advantage of her being on her own and I hope she is found safe.

I wish that if someone still has Jill they will let her go - that they are better off letting her go.
I am praying that they will let her go and I am not a religious person.

Just thinking out loud here..

Maybe she rung her brother because she was desperately trying to think of someone who she could call (and would answer at that time) in order to make this guy think she was busy (and since she was talking with someone wouldn't grab/harm/harass her) to get him to move on and leave her alone :( but then her brother had to hang up and ring her back so that didn't work out and the guy hung around

But then her brother said he thought it sounded like she was still in the bar when she rang and you'd think he would have known if she sounded distressed. Arggh man I wish we knew the accurate timing of all this! It seems so crucial

IMO of course.. like I said just totally thinking out loud! :twocents:

Wonder whether it shows anyone going out?

i read police confirmed her husband was home as he reported, and given the cctv doesn't show her going in, i think his alibi is probably pretty tight now. the two visits to their home was routine and has probably locked his timeline down pretty tight with cctv and phone records.

Hi....I have watched this video now so many times and in the one I have seen there doesnt seem to be any time cut out (I think)......he goes past.......it is a good while before he comes back again..........another guy in a black sweater walks past while looking back and I think it is just before she comes into the scene and she is walking slowly because she is pissed and in those big shoes...I think the guy in the black sweater is looking at blue hoodie talking to her.....they come into the scene.....she is definitely uncomfortable with him.....I am sure lots of us have been in this situation, pissed and some creep trying to talk to you and you want to shake him off....she looks back (maybe seeing if anyone else is around to feel more secure) and then starts fiddling with her phone.......he is still there waiting for her in the left of the screen...she keeps walking but I too think this is where she makes the call. Why would you call at that time of the morn?? maybe to try and deter someone from chatting to you......look busy and uninterested???? Even with the time difference it is still late in Perth....I think she was trying to get rid of him and was walking slowly....to me this guy is prime suspect......as soon as he could he dragged her into an alley. He may have also gone ahead and waited for her to go past

Hi....I have watched this video now so many times and in the one I have seen there doesnt seem to be any time cut out (I think)......he goes past.......it is a good while before he comes back again..........another guy in a black sweater is looking back and I think it is just before she comes into the scene and she is walking slowly because she is pissed and in those big shoes...I think the guy in the black sweater is looking at blue hoodie talking to her.....the come into the scene.....she is definitely uncomfortable with him.....I am sure lots of us have been in this situation, pissed and some creep trying to talk to you and you want to shake him off....she looks back (maybe seeing if anyone else is around to feel more secure) and then starts fiddling with her phone.......he is still there waiting for her in the left of the screen...she keeps walking but I too think this where she makes the call. Why would you call at that time of the morn?? maybe to try and deter someone from chatting to you......look busy and uninterested???? Even with the time difference it is still late in Perth....I think she was trying to get rid of him....to me this guy is prime suspect......as soon as he could he dragged her into an alley

I definitely agree with you here! Fiddling with my phone is totally something I would do in this situation! and trying to think of someone I could call to make it seem as though I was busy if I was feeling REALLY uneasy (which thank God I have never actually felt like I had to do!)

Hi. Another newbie here.

That's actually the reason I finally joined and stopped lurking so I could comment on the above. (I have always followed missing person cases ever since a girl I went to high school with disappeared and to this day always wonder how does someone just disappear?)

I didn't actually think the husband was in any way guilty in this instance whereas there are other cases like Baden-Clay where I have just thought something was off.

I think this is very much a case of some lowlife taking advantage of her being on her own and I hope she is found safe.

Welcome to Websleuths! :greetings:

i hope police are checking all the vacant and boarded up premises along the area, if this person is the perp and didnt have a car, where is she?

Police may have been in the basement of the apartment complex where Jill lives getting the CCTV tapes or reviewing footage?

I'm in my final year of a psych degree, so I completely understand. :)
It just goes to show that different situations can be perceived SO differently by different people, and at this point in time, it's hard to say whether any of these perceptions are right or wrong. I think that's one of the reasons WS is so amazing, with so many different opinions, ideas and backgrounds we can really explore all the possibilities. Very very interesting, although it's sad that horrible crimes such as these are the things that bring us together.

I mentioned this because I've seen it in cases before, where the public is almost 'led' to believe something when the truth is quite different from the way everyone perceives it. I honestly believe LE have more information than they have released, I also believe the CCTV footage is a lot longer than the clip we've all seen. Time will tell.

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

And... I expect LE has chosen just these snippets after much deliberation, and with goals that are unbeknownst to the public (and WS, of course! :smile: )

Is it just me or does it seem that this guy was specifically waiting for Jill?? Several other people go past that he doesn't seem interested in at all....The other thing that bugs me is the way he flicks his hand up at around the 27 sec mark of the video on ninemsn. To me it could be one of three things either a) Stop wait there.....or b) I get it sorry for bothering you or c) thanks....I wonder if this guy was in bar etiquette at some stage and they had crossed paths earlier in the evening.

Hi. Another newbie here.

JGV... :welcome:

A man in a blue jumper is seen coaxing a woman along the street...
"The man that looks back has obviously seen something. Something's caught his attention" - Insp Potter
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...hen-she-was-gone/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

The second male walking north up Sydney Rd, with dark hair and frontal baldness, dark jacket and dark pants seems concerned enough to take a prolonged look behind. This was before Blue Hoodie and Gill walked into camera view. 'Guys get guys' so he would most likely be able to read male harrassment of a female. Whether it was one or more he saw, I hope that he goes to VPolice about that night.

If I had a creep hassling me and I was only 450 metres from home, my first call would be to husband, at least he could come and rescue me. Even if he didn't answer I'd pretend he did.
How far from somewhere safe was Jill, if she had turned around and gone back the way she came from.
This case is getting a reasonable amount of publicity in NZ, heard Derryn Hinch talking to NewstalkZB about it, and the main NZ news websites are carrying the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme