GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody useless Sky news, musn't be covering Police conference live. They have Sportsline on, who gives a tinker's about rugby league immortals.

Anyone know which journalists are at the briefing? I'm watching AndrewJaffrey and Ahron in twitter, wondering if there are others I can follow?

Most of those tweeting won't actually be at the briefing - they are getting news via those present at the briefing.

Most of those tweeting won't actually be at the briefing - they are getting news via those present at the briefing.

True, yeah, I saw Ahron say that he wasn't actually there himself. Andrew just said that a lot of what is being said is off the record.

Lateline is saying that now, off the record briefing, police asked media for sensitivity. There will be an out of court hearing later tonight.

Assailant acted alone, expect to charge later tonight. Extensive social media campaign played a major role in solving this so soon.

ABC reporter says first time ever off the record police briefing.

Loads of tweets, including from @abcnews, that police expect to charge 41 yr old with rape and murder of Jill Meagher

Twitter has crashed! I can't look up #jillmeagher for the last 3 mins. :( I'm very angry right now about what's happened to Jill. Also saw Ahron from sky delete some of his tweets earlier.

I love Sydney Road and the area/areas around here, very diverse and so much to offer. Dont discount the area b/c of this. There are shady/rotten characters everywhere. I'd say nights in any suburb are different to day time. Take the city for example, safe during the day, night time can be pretty confronting depending where you are and on what night you're there.

We will have to agree to disagree, though I do agree there are shady characters everywhere and you are entitled to your opinion. I have very strong opinions about that area and surrounding areas and lets just leave it at that. Everyone needs to take care day or night.
Let's pray for the family and hope BH gets the book thrown at him

Is it an out of sessions court hearing? They're held out of hours (ie, at night, not 9-5) to process people into the system asap.

That's it. And let me tell you, they are incredibly rare.

(I work in the legal industry)

Friend Misses 'Genuine and Generous' Mate Jill Meagher

Jill Meagher fell hopelessly in love with husband Tom soon after they met and the couple seemed destined to be together forever, her closest friend has revealed.

As Ms Meagher's family in Ireland described her disappearance as an 'unreal nightmare', best mate Julie Cullen told of the missing woman's love of life and dedication to her husband.

Read the rest here - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ate-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226482899438

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro