GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tweet from journalist Tracy Spicer:

Tracey Spicer ‏@spicertracey
Police about to hold a news conference about the arrest of a man re the disappearance of Jill Meagher. Details @SkyNewsAust

WhT channel?

Once he is charged formally the stories about him will slow right down. Media are limited about what can be said when there is a court case pending. I have been spoiled in America being able to access so many things about a person.

Poor Jill. Cant help thinking how scared she felt with this guy.
Feel utterly sick hearing he's from Coburg. Having lived there and still frequent there few times a week, now I wonder if i ever crossed his path in Coburg/ Merri creek etc. May be the link to the various reported attacks on Merri creek path etc.

I frequent Coburg very occasionally as well due to work. Very seedy area, wasn't like that years ago. Also Merri Creek Bike Path goes from Darebin right up to Moreland, many isolated areas there, you just can't be too careful, always be out with someone else never alone. I have ridden through parts of the bike path but only weekends with friends and it's a busy path in some areas, would not ride alone.

tweet from journalist Tracy Spicer:

Tracey Spicer ‏@spicertracey
Police about to hold a news conference about the arrest of a man re the disappearance of Jill Meagher. Details @SkyNewsAust

Can you please supply the link for this??

Oh sorry, I thought people were saying he stole underwear off lines or did I misinterpret it? Lol sorry it's going crazy on here ATM, and on my phone trying to keep up!

No, you didn't misinterpret :) 'Oxygen thief' is too high praise.

Once he is charged formally the stories about him will slow right down. Media are limited about what can be said when there is a court case pending. I have been spoiled in America being able to access so many things about a person.

Hehe your right! I've been involved in a few of the USA cases and the information available is outstanding!

So he has a history of petty theft, hmm like previous post I believe he has antisocial personality disorder!

Just my 2 cents worth. From watching the surveillance it appeared Jill was making a call on her cellphone. I wonder if theft was his motive and then he saw her get on the phone (perhaps to call the police) and that's when things got out of hand (??). He got angry she would identify him and grabbed her and murdered her. Where is she? Did this guy have a vehicle? He looked like a street person to me.

I myself did not like the area, not sure if it was just because I'm from a small country town or whether because I was miserable due to my partner being in hospital there, but I really got the creeps being on Syd Rd and surrounding off streets & areas. Just that eerie feeling like it wasn't safe, and I was even told not to walk alone around there. JMO though.

Yes, I live nearby and I love Sydney Rd and its characters during the day but at night - never alone, and never really late. And never off the main strip. Truly this is a lesson for all of us who are complacently going about our daily lives. Sadly.

I'm not home but wanna tape or on my iq on foxtel from my phone can someone please tell me the channel

I'm always gobsmacked at the amount of information that's available online in the US. Really quite amazing.

Just my 2 cents worth. From watching the surveillance it appeared Jill was making a call on her cellphone. I wonder if theft was his motive and then he saw her get on the phone (perhaps to call the police) and that's when things got out of hand (??). He got angry she would identify him and grabbed her and murdered her. Where is she? Did this guy have a vehicle? He looked like a street person to me.

Also did you notice on the footage that she was kind of stalling kind of to a stop look like she was texting or going through her phone. I found that kind of interesting imagery. Like she was kind of trying to avoid conversation/pretending to be busy with something. I've done this countless times lol to avoid awkward situations!

I myself did not like the area, not sure if it was just because I'm from a small country town or whether because I was miserable due to my partner being in hospital there, but I really got the creeps being on Syd Rd and surrounding off streets & areas. Just that eerie feeling like it wasn't safe, and I was even told not to walk alone around there. JMO though.

I on the other hand love it. My sister lives there, we walk everywhere we go. Fab restaurants, cafes and shopping. I've never felt unsafe, having said that I have a toddler so don't find myself walking the street after midnight...

Also did you notice on the footage that she was kind of stalling kind of to a stop look like she was texting or going through her phone. I found that kind of interesting imagery. Like she was kind of trying to avoid conversation/pretending to be busy with something. I've done this countless times lol to avoid awkward situations!

I watched the footage lots of times and looked at the time stamp, it looked like she was scrolling through phone book to find number then she put the phone to her ear as she walked off from out front of the bridal shop. Oxygen thief was hovering while she was fiddling with the phone. Reports said she called brother in Perth at 0143 Melbourne time and that coincided with the time stamp on the cctv.

Yes, I live nearby and I love Sydney Rd and its characters during the day but at night - never alone, and never really late. And never off the main strip. Truly this is a lesson for all of us who are complacently going about our daily lives. Sadly.

I agree regardless where you live there will always be predators waiting for the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme