GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is affecting everyone. We just went to the shops and hubby dropped me at chemist and asked "meet you at Good Guys??" (about 300m away) My 14yr old son looked at his dad as I got out of the car and said, "A bit late (830pm) for mum to be walking by herself isn't it??"

I was in the chemist for 5 mins and they were waiting for me outside.....

What is this world coming to.............:-(

If this tragedy means one woman is safer that is a blessing.

I'm inexperienced in these things and don't think it would be typical, I could be wrong though. although the attack was random and opportunistic it was also IMO premeditated and planned somewhat.

I think they mean random in the sense that he didn't target anyone in particular, poor JM was in the wrong place at the wrong time - and I agree with your other comments entirely.

If this tragedy means one woman is safer that is a blessing.

Your right. What happened to Jill is awful and sad. It has rocked Melbourne, we are not use to this news all the time. But Jill didn't die in vain, we can all learn from her experience and next time we go to walk somewhere alone at night remember what happened to make sure everyone is safe. Public awareness is the key!

I think there was a report saying that he was not co-operating with the police. Can anyone confirm this??

I believe I read this on an article that was linked not too long ago on here? Via The Age. But I thought I also read on another article that he was "assisting" them? I have no idea. I'm no expert but one would assume that they have specific and fairly strong/circumstantial evidence to be charging him with abduction and murder?
I am just so heartbroken for Jill & her family :(

Feeling gutted and a sudden headache has come on. Poor poor darling girl, poor Tom, poor parents, brother and other family and friends.

Such a waste yet again!

:(

Same here, feeling sick as well as many would be. So tragic for Tom and Family they would be totally devastated. Prayers for all of the family.

BH I hope you rot in hell.

Also great job Vic Police and let's remember that September 29th is Blue Ribbon Day - to show our appreciation to the Police Officers who continue to serve us.

Poor Jill. Cant help thinking how scared she felt with this guy.
Feel utterly sick hearing he's from Coburg. Having lived there and still frequent there few times a week, now I wonder if i ever crossed his path in Coburg/ Merri creek etc. May be the link to the various reported attacks on Merri creek path etc.

Your right. What happened to Jill is awful and sad. It has rocked Melbourne, we are not use to this news all the time. But Jill didn't die in vain, we can all learn from her experience and next time we go to walk somewhere alone at night remember what happened to make sure everyone is safe. Public awareness is the key!

I used to work in radiology. When Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer we were overwhelmed with young and old women coming in for mammograms, called it 'the Kylie effect'. Many women were diagnosed early and their lives were saved because of Kylie.

You are right, the loss of this beautiful young Irish girl will not be for nothing. This story has gone all over the world. That is her legacy to others.

so does this mean police missed her handbag in the alley way in their initial search? for some reason the arrest of this perp doesnt seem to fit in with the idea of it being planted, in my opinion? unless he had a car and accomplice, and they returned it when they found it left in the car? but really, why bother?

So he has a history of petty theft, hmm like previous post I believe he has antisocial personality disorder!

Poor Jill. Cant help thinking how scared she felt with this guy.
Feel utterly sick hearing he's from Coburg. Having lived there and still frequent there few times a week, now I wonder if i ever crossed his path in Coburg/ Merri creek etc. May be the link to the various reported attacks on Merri creek path etc.

Have a feeling there might be a good clear up rate for Vic Police.

Haven't been to Melbourne for a long time and never went to Brunswick area but from photos etc it reminds me of Newtown in Sydney. Pockets of gentrification, v. expensive housing like old terraces well over million $, other areas that are still basically grotty. Big student population too because close to Sydney Uni and the city. Heaps of restaurants and bars.

A wonderful part of Melbourne. For anyone reading this who is visiting Melbourne, Sydney Road is a great area to visit, truly.

(I'm a fan of Newtown in sydney, too, but haven't visited for a few years).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also great job Vic Police and let's remember that September 29th is Blue Ribbon Day - to show our appreciation to the Police Officers who continue to serve us.

Just highlighting this part. So important the job they do, even if half the time they're being complained about.

But I thought I also read on another article that he was "assisting" them? I have no idea.

Just a police euphemism for 'is being questioned' ... hasn't been charged and can't be compelled to answer enquires, hence is 'assisting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya