Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That didn't happen with Esther Dingley - it was around 8 months before partial remains were found by chance, having possibly been moved by wildlife to a more visible location. The rest of her remains were then found quite close to areas that had been searched extensively.
There is a difference in landscape here though that would make a sighting more probable in Tenerife. In the case of ED, the snow meant no one was up on the trails for months and they were pretty isolated pathways. In the case of JS, lots of the area is farmed, it a large valley that in comparison is quite populated with views across the valley from various villages and scenic view points.

There is a difference in landscape here though that would make a sighting more probable in Tenerife. In the case of ED, the snow meant no one was up on the trails for months and they were pretty isolated pathways. In the case of JS, lots of the area is farmed, it a large valley that in comparison is quite populated with views across the valley from various villages and scenic view points.

Fair points, though from what I can see of the terrain in that part of Tenerife there still look to be plenty of remote looking places - gullies and the like - where a body might be missed, as hers was.

Good point about the snow, that effectively covered the scene for quite a while.

It could be that during his comedown of the drugs I'm presuming he was on he experienced a bout of psychosis in the form of Paranoia and maybe even overhearing things not said, I have experienced similar in my younger more reckless days, and so flew the scene out of the effects of his comedown and thought he needed to hide etc and eventually succumbed to the elements or fell to his death.
Drugs make people do stupid things and also cause alot of deciet probably why the story is not straight and people appear to be not telling the whole story, not because he's been murdered or anything like that but because they do not want to incriminate themselves about the drugs.
As for Jay according to the bartender he was out of it and he looks it to in the footage. Personally I think he just had too much and when the comedown hit him whack... It was a adrenaline packed psychosis.

Exactly my thoughts!

Besides,
being on holidays for the first time without parental supervision,
might mean doing extreme things.
Drugs and hallucinations/psychosis.

JMO

Fair points, though from what I can see of the terrain in that part of Tenerife there still look to be plenty of remote looking places - gullies and the like - where a body might be missed, as hers was.

Good point about the snow, that effectively covered the scene for quite a while.
Oh lots of hiding places unfortunately- but I can see why locals may think/be optimistic they would see signs of remains in that area.

Thank you for this information , and I'm sure all of us at webslueths are aware of cases we're bodies of the murdered/missing are later found in places sars teams have throughly checked I can think of at least 5 of the top of my head the little French boy emile for one and the little girl Nora Quoirin in Malaysia and Dr Michael Mosely etc I'm sure posters can identify many many more I'm just suprised like your self given the landscape and number of search teams ,dogs, helicopter,drones he hasn't been found and sars were out quick too for a missing adult usually families have to wait for a time period to pass before action is taken in case missing person shows up

This is why I've always questioned why bird activity was not observed/paid attention to by sars "the crows would have found him straight away " and surely if jay was lying in the open this activity would be noticeable secondly I was looking up different things about Snapchat as I'm older and don't use or know much about it so apparently the app doesn't store information on call logs ,video calls etc so could Brad and Lucy's recollection of times be affected by time difference as tenerife is ahead of UK time by 1 hour I think (please correct me if I'm wrong ) another question I have is do phones update time automatically when we enter a different time zone or do we have to manually update also if Snapchat deletes call / video history almost immediately how do we know they even happen especially the Brad video call I'm not saying he is lying imo he has no reason to lie but he is also a young guy deeply upset about his missing friend and trying to 'help" also the main problem I have with the yacht theory is why would someone smuggle Jay on to a boat ,help to safety yes alert authorities yes but hide him alive no , planned absconding no ,only reason Jay would be taken on a yacht would be that he was dead /about to be killed and brought out to sea to be dumped I just think the amount of reports in Msm of all the theories and what seems to be factual reporting of rumours is both confusing and using up resources looking into all these leads ,only positive story I've see coming from msm in recent days is the Dutch team coming to help and can we even trust that as fact

I am in another country at the moment and my time automatically updated.

Also, on Snapchat, the call logs do disappear but it’s not immediate, they stay for at least 24 hours, so they should be accurate with their times.

I am in another country at the moment and my time automatically updated.

Also, on Snapchat, the call logs do disappear but it’s not immediate, they stay for at least 24 hours, so they should be accurate with their times.
Wasn't sure about times updating automatically and if snaps delete straight away thank you for that I just wondered why accurate times especially regarding Lucy's call why its reported as approximately and why we haven't been given an exact timing of video call with Brad it be useful to have an exact timeline so snap on doorstep at 7.30 Brad at 8.00 Lucy at 8.30 not Lucy between 8.15 and 9.50 and Allegedly jay called and snapped a number of friends in the AirBnB so why aren't these timelines being reported instead we are led to speculate jay left strip at about 4am although I've seen reports of 3.30am and 5am and ayub mentioned a different timeline ,noise heard by neighbours at 6am man and woman asked for car to be moved at another time ophelia reported spoke to jay between 8am and 8.15am and saw him on road at sometime between 8.30 and 9.15am I can't make heads or tails of timeline seem to me nobody was sleeping for all the commotion and what time did they pull in for fizzy drink and how many minutes drive from there to Airbnb which would give better judge of time they arrived at AirBnB,is there cctv or webcam footage of them driving to AirBnB where they pulled in for said drink is there a witness to said purchase or cctv to see how many where in the car so many questions so little factual evidence I don't expect to be privy to the whole investigation but I wish one of the newspapers would give a full known factual report

Why are some people so cruel and nasty sending Jay's mum horrible messages the lady is going through enough pain I have to agree about conspiracy and speculation it is rife in this case more than I've ever seen tbh but I feel msm is also fueling the fire by printing every titbit of information for clicks a lot of which has come from SM I will hold my hand up and say I am involved in that speculation here but I'm not being nasty nor judgemental of jay I want him found and if he is found tomorrow I will be delighted but I fail to see how this report in the sun about the euro final is going to locate him it seems to me the sun is trying to merge the two top stories of the day into one article for maximum clicks it is already generating further pain for the family with memes and jokes online which an easy search on sm will highlight

Of course these vile comments are causing the family untold pain, to add to the anguish they are already feeling but to be absolutely fair, I can't honestly see how they are hindering the search. Jay's mother is just speaking from a place of utter desperation.

This thread was closed, I was bursting with thoughts and posted the below elsewhere (in response to someone else who said much the same days ago, I've just added bits). It's pure speculation even just imagination, I have no idea what really happened - but what if.....

Its not really a bnb - it might get booked from time to time - but it's used for this purpose. No booking needed. Ofelia just holds the key and changes the sheets, she's not in charge but knows what it's about. It's a short trek to the Masca beach jetty (quite a jetty) for the sure footed who know the route. Steady supply of young people from all around the world - all eager/gullible/easily co-erced into distribution. Straight into county lines. Jay wasn't going on holiday - he was off to work, recruited before he went. Lucy the recruiter, Ayub the vetter. Jay the liability - off his home turf, not up to the job. The watch - if it happened - was a ruse, a diversion, a reason for his disappearance. Everyone has practiced their lines and knows their roles. Jay was just an innocent in all this, sucked in since he went to high school. No way was he allowed to wander off anywhere on his own.

Non-profit Signi Zoekhonden, based in the Netherlands, has deployed a team of five people and four dogs to the island, with a sixth person due to leave on Monday.

I sincerely hope these sweet dogs and their crew help find Jay.
Too bad they weren't there to help earlier :( A lot of the trace must be gone by now. Anyone knows how long a scent can stay in those conditions?
ETA: I googled it. Some info here: K-9 Teams | mauisar.org

Last edited:
This thread was closed, I was bursting with thoughts and posted the below elsewhere (in response to someone else who said much the same days ago, I've just added bits). It's pure speculation even just imagination, I have no idea what really happened - but what if.....

Its not really a bnb - it might get booked from time to time - but it's used for this purpose. No booking needed. Ofelia just holds the key and changes the sheets, she's not in charge but knows what it's about. It's a short trek to the Masca beach jetty (quite a jetty) for the sure footed who know the route. Steady supply of young people from all around the world - all eager/gullible/easily co-erced into distribution. Straight into county lines. Jay wasn't going on holiday - he was off to work, recruited before he went. Lucy the recruiter, Ayub the vetter. Jay the liability - off his home turf, not up to the job. The watch - if it happened - was a ruse, a diversion, a reason for his disappearance. Everyone has practiced their lines and knows their roles. Jay was just an innocent in all this, sucked in since he went to high school. No way was he allowed to wander off anywhere on his own.
Well,that's quite a leap :) It's on booking dot com and I can't see any reason to lay it open to the public, if it's a 'meeting house' for nefarious business. Plus, the track down to the jetty is pretty unhospitable (from what can be seen on Street View) to the uninitiated,which presumably these innocent youngsters would be. I don't see it myself. I think we'd be hearing of a lot more missing persons, in that case.

Well,that's quite a leap :) It's on booking dot com and I can't see any reason to lay it open to the public, if it's a 'meeting house' for nefarious business. Plus, the track down to the jetty is pretty unhospitable (from what can be seen on Street View) to the uninitiated,which presumably these innocent youngsters would be. I don't see it myself. I think we'd be hearing of a lot more missing persons, in that case.

Besides,
for how long did he go to Tenerife?
2 weeks?
So, how long this "job" (dealing) was to last there?
A week?

Hmmm...

I guess mafias have their own local dealers,
those who know the island,
loyal and trustworthy folks.

Not some teens who just came for 2 weeks.

But it is only my opinion.
I only know these things watching Netflix Narcos.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lol well I did say it was imagination.

I was a bit vague because it was in response to someone else – not meaning that the teenagers go down to the jetty, more that they are useful for transporting home the stuff that gets brought up from the jetty.

As for the Casa being on booking.com, even if it just got used a few times a year that would make it look more like a bona fide bnb, rather than a suspiciously empty house with the same occasional visitors.

And I’m definitely not saying that I believe every bit or even any of it… but drugs are big business and a loud mouthed excitable boy is a big risk if he knows anything.

I've been with this line of thinking for a week or so... county lines goes international

Of course these vile comments are causing the family untold pain, to add to the anguish they are already feeling but to be absolutely fair, I can't honestly see how they are hindering the search. Jay's mother is just speaking from a place of utter desperation.
If someone comes up with a theory that might also be hurtful, and it is viable and evidence could point that way, it divides LE time to look into something ELSE. From the point of view of someone who does not believe the hurtful theory, it hinders the "just missing" search, because now LE is spending time in a different search or even just taking time to weed out the garbage.

Last edited:
Lol well I did say it was imagination.

I was a bit vague because it was in response to someone else – not meaning that the teenagers go down to the jetty, more that they are useful for transporting home the stuff that gets brought up from the jetty.

As for the Casa being on booking.com, even if it just got used a few times a year that would make it look more like a bona fide bnb, rather than a suspiciously empty house with the same occasional visitors.

And I’m definitely not saying that I believe every bit or even any of it… but drugs are big business and a loud mouthed excitable boy is a big risk if he knows anything.
If the jetty is used imo its not teenagers traipsing down as you rightly state its a smuggling route and while im sure teens are recruited for selling at these festivals for home and abroad I'm sure the recruitment and vetting is done on drug dealers own turf so ayub is from UK if he hypothetically was doing any recruitment it would be teens at home I would imagine Ayub having spent time in prison and earning respect from serving his time and keeping his mouth shut has rose up the ranks and would be more a money collector and the coffee shop is a perfect cover for drug money to be washed and a legitimate reason he would have large amounts of cash on him if stopped by law enforcement I've no doubt in my mind jay and his friends thought ayub and guy no2 were cool because they were in the drugs business because teens don't think older adults are cool unless engaging in activities such as drug taking so while im suspicious of the circumstances surrounding Jay's disappearance I highly doubt its because he failed some initiation/interview into drug smuggling/selling lads like jay unfortunately and sadly are 10 a penny in UK and if ayub is still engaging in the drugs business much easier to recruit from home then it puts distance between him and whoever is chosen a drug dealer supplying is not going to create a situation were they are with their mule on holidays imho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back