GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard an arrest has been made!!!!!

Let's hope there an be closure and justice for Jill.

Ironically, I had not long posted that the missing footage reassured me that police had something up their sleeves. Assuming they arrested BH or someone from the footage.

At any rate, let's hope some questions can be answered.

Oh, and yayyyyy police!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great news! Now the *advertiser censored***hole better tell the police where she is!

Well done Vic. Police. :rocker:

Lets not get our hopes up too much until there is concrete information. Sometimes when the police are under a lot of pressure, with a high profile case they get so desparate to make an arrest that they arrest the wrong person. Cuffing the local weirdo and saying 'we got him', is not uncommon.

The case of Joanna Yeates is an example of this happening.

Huge generalisation for the non-Aussies or non-Melbournians for context.

Brunswick is an inner-city hipster suburb.

The suspect that has been arrested is apparently from Coburg which is an "outer" suburb that is well known pockets of residents associated with welfare, drugs, etc ... Not everyone though - it is getting gentrified and has a solid base of immigrant European families from the 60's/70's

I would suspect (and time will tell) that BH is indeed the arrested man from Coburg.

The only downside to this, where is she? He's only been charged with the 'abduction' of Jill :)

Now all the finer details will emerge.

My head's spinning:

- Is this the same guy that is responsible for other attacks/rapes
- Where is Jill
- Did Detectives know yesterday who they were dealing with and simply released the CCTV to give someone a platform to dob him in?
- It explains why the information van packed up early today.
- It explains why detectives were silent
- How is Tom Meagher holding up

So many questions ...

Huge generalisation for the non-Aussies or non-Melbournians for context.

Brunswick is an inner-city hipster suburb.

The suspect that has been arrested is apparently from Coburg which is an "outer" suburb that is well known pockets of residents associated with welfare, drugs, etc ... Not everyone though - it is getting gentrified and has a solid base of immigrant European families from the 60's/70's

I would suspect (and time will tell) that BH is indeed the arrested man from Coburg.

Oh .. and Coburg is 3km north of Brunswick .. straight up Sydney Road in the direction BH was originally heading.

Doesn't look good. One can only pray for a miracle.

Coburg and Brunswick are adjacent to each other. Please please please be alive somewhere in Coburg - and come back to your husband and family x

Well done to Homicide Squad - I will be praying that Jill is found immediately and fingers crossed the next news bulletin is a positive one. :please:

A man has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of ABC radio employee Jill Meagher.

Homicide detectives arrested the 41-year-old Coburg man this afternoon in relation to the Brunswick woman's disappearance.

He is in custody assisting police with their inquiries, a police statement says.

No charges have yet been laid.

There appears to be no relationship between the victim and the man arrested.

It is believed that he has no serious criminal history.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...eagher-case-20120927-26nu7.html#ixzz27f4I7LrY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul