GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand everyone's angst here (about the relevance of recidivism) but surely the main game here is a conviction in THIS case? And related to this, I wonder how the police could have made an arrest or found the body so quickly without what must amount to a confession from the alleged perp? And if not from him, an accomplice?

Start with your local MP and cc the Attorney-General. Tell them we're over it, they are public servants paid by taxpayers and easily able to be voted OUT by said taxpayers, and it's just about time they pulled their fingers out and took some action.
And no, we don't want to hear about another committee, enquiry or any other time wasting exercise.

I was thinking to do it online. I've been to http://lobbyists.pmc.gov.au/needs_register.cfm and I think we need a doctor or lawyer to initiate this.

If it's online then it's going to be so much easier to get people to sign it.

It is hard to believe that this time last week, Jill was out enjoying herself with friends. It is also sad to note that tonight is the last time that anyone will be able to say that.

I feel very affected by this case, as have many people I think.

I think that it is because so many people feel that they can relate to Jill. Many people find a connection with her image on some level and that makes it feel very close to home.

What a useless waste of a beautiful life.

How is it possible that a lumbering cretin can extinguish such a light.

It is unthinkable.

I need someone to word it properly. I'll find out how to put it up though. Perhaps alioop can help us too?

Sorry alioop :angel:

Sure, I will help as much as I can. I think the first thing is to have convicted offenders serve their full sentences. How many parolees re offend, especially sex offenders? That US article is very interesting about punishment by jail not changing these mainly men's sick thought patterns about sex.

Nothing will change if someone doesn't make it change. I will look at how to lobby govt online if anyone is interested? Or is someone here an old hat at that?

Talkback radio is also a very powerful lobby tool. I haven't been listening so I don't know what they're saying already - but I know pollies listen and pay attention to the big issues they pick up and run with on some of the big talkback shows. Any one been listening past couple of days?

It is unthinkable.

I often think this. The nicest, loveliest people have their light snuffed out by a waste of space and oxygen moron. Why?????

I understand everyone's angst here (about the relevance of recidivism) but surely the main game here is a conviction in THIS case? And related to this, I wonder how the police could have made an arrest or found the body so quickly without what must amount to a confession from the alleged perp? And if not from him, an accomplice?

I did see in an article last night/early hours of the morning, stating that he had confessed to a random opportunistic attack on Jill.

Sure, I will help as much as I can. I think the first thing is to have convicted offenders serve their full sentences. How many parolees re offend, especially sex offenders? That US article is very interesting about punishment by jail not changing these mainly men's sick thought patterns about sex.

I am all up for this because I think we can make a change. Perhaps for crimes in general. So many criminals get out early. Also, I feel strongly that they should be made to pay their way in jail by working in there, but that's another topic for another day.

That's it for me tonight. I will do research on this tomorrow in between caring for kiddies and baby.

Thanks WS'ers for not letting this terrible thing be in vain. Justice for Jill and the many others!

In my unprofessional opinion, it seems blatantly obvious to me that a serial rapist like this needs to be behind bars, perhaps a secure psychiatric ward of some type. Sorry but I feel the system has seriously let Jill and many others down big time.

I agree that the system is flawed and that a serial offender needs to be behind bars.

Most rapist/murderers likely have antisocial personality disorders and I don't think many personality disorders are successfully treatable. There would be little benefit in having people like this on psychiatric wards.

You will find antisocial types in jail mostly as there is no way that you can ever expect these type of people to develop empathy and compassion.

It's my opinion that there are evil people in the world and that when they are sentenced to life imprisonment, it should mean just that and that they should never be released.

I think Germany was really keen on rehabilitation for sex offenders but sadly, this almost always was unsuccessful and once released, the offenders reoffended. Sometimes escalating.

THE accused killer and rapist of ABC worker Jill Meagher was yesterday described as a "smiling easygoing average Joe" and a keen fitness fanatic.
Adrian Ernest Bayley, a muscular 41-year-old who spent time at Fenix Fitness gym in Coburg, married at age 18 after his then girlfriend fell pregnant.
He went on to have another baby by her. One child would now be aged in the 20s; the other, a teenager

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-of-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226483766187

Talkback radio is also a very powerful lobby tool. I haven't been listening so I don't know what they're saying already - but I know pollies listen and pay attention to the big issues they pick up and run with on some of the big talkback shows. Any one been listening past couple of days?

I listen all the time.
Sydney - Alan Jones 2GB
Melbourne people will know who's the most credible or outspoken. Hinch comes to mind.

THE accused killer and rapist of ABC worker Jill Meagher was yesterday described as a "smiling easygoing average Joe" and a keen fitness fanatic.
Adrian Ernest Bayley, a muscular 41-year-old who spent time at Fenix Fitness gym in Coburg, married at age 18 after his then girlfriend fell pregnant.
He went on to have another baby by her. One child would now be aged in the 20s; the other, a teenager

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-of-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226483766187

and
It was shortly after that relationship broke down, in July 2000, that he changed his surname by deed poll from Edwards to Bayley.

:what:

Originally Posted by Alessi

It is unthinkable.
I often think this. The nicest, loveliest people have their light snuffed out by a waste of space and oxygen moron. Why?????

I have been trying to find a way to express this and you two have said it perfectly. Thank you.

In a perfect world, it would be the monsters that go.

Poor TM, he seems to be holding himself together but I think he's in deep shock, as if he's on autopilot. The reality seems to have set in for her brother. The sorrow on his face was gut-wrenching :(

Tom Meagher, husband of the popular 29-year-old who had been working with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), sat in the packed court metres from the accused.

After the hearing he praised Victoria Police, the media and public for support during the search for Mrs Meagher and the subsequent manhunt.

He appealed for relatives to be given space to grieve. "I've been really humbled by the support of the Australian public and tireless efforts of the police and all friends and family who have put their lives on hold to help us out," he said. "While I really appreciate the support I'd just like to point out that negative comments on social media may hurt legal proceedings."

Police also urged restraint on social media sites for fear some commentary would damage Bayley's future trial. "Victoria Police has been overwhelmed by the enormity of the public support for this investigation expressed through social media," a spokesman said.

"Whilst the widespread willingness to assist has been most welcome, I must now ask that members of the social media community refrain from posting inappropriate comments that might jeopardise a successful prosecution. Legislation dictates that nothing should be published that might prejudice the trial of an accused after they have been arrested or charged.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...mage-murder-trial-16217424.html#ixzz27ljn3kp8

---------

I have also been thinking about her friend Tom that she was with, who offered numerous times to walk her home as they were leaving but was refused. Oh what he would be feeling. :(

I listen all the time.
Sydney - Alan Jones 2GB
Melbourne people will know who's the most credible or outspoken. Hinch comes to mind.
Sorry, but Jones is hardly credible. He's a bigot IMO. Hinch though has some runs on the board for being outspoken and credible at the same time.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...t-kilda-car-park/story-fn7x8me2-1226073043274

Prepare to be p....d off again. This is incredible. How many more are there.

Personal thoughts aside, I'm sure prostitutes stop potential sexual crimes against woman & children but this piece of excrement does this to a prostitute?
In my own opinion & if this ****** is capable of these crimes I do NOT want him EVER released, EVER.

you didn't at have to take her life :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member