GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking to do it online. I've been to http://lobbyists.pmc.gov.au/needs_register.cfm and I think we need a doctor or lawyer to initiate this.

If it's online then it's going to be so much easier to get people to sign it.

I've been told that the most effective method of getting MP's to listen is hard copy mail that they have to open and attend to. It doesn't have to be a great piece of literature, just your thoughts as you express them on here.
The laws are in place, police do their job but all for nothing if judiciary don't do their bit.

I have also been thinking about her friend Tom that she was with, who offered numerous times to walk her home as they were leaving but was refused. Oh what he would be feeling. :(

I hope he's not too hard on himself. It must be hard for a man to know what to do. All he can do is ask to walk her home and hope she says yes. He must be wishing that he had insisted. Some men will insist while some feel like they're overstepping a boundary, or being patronising.

It is hard to believe that this time last week, Jill was out enjoying herself with friends. It is also sad to note that tonight is the last time that anyone will be able to say that.

I feel very affected by this case, as have many people I think.

I think that it is because so many people feel that they can relate to Jill. Many people find a connection with her image on some level and that makes it feel very close to home.

What a useless waste of a beautiful life.

How is it possible that a lumbering cretin can extinguish such a light.

It is unthinkable.

Well said. I hope that Tom is surrounded by family and friends tonight. It must be so surreal for him - it will be a long road from here.

Sadly, the do-gooders believe prison is about rehabilitation for everybody convicted of a crime no matter what the crime. I am firmly on the left of Australian politics, but I still think that prison is about punishment when the crimes are against innocent victims. And the system is too lenient where there are crimes against people. IMO

When the crime is about property I agree that prison should be about rehabilitation. If someone steals my car, I will be really unhappy, but you know it's a car. Not a loved one.

Not sure if this is of interest or if it has already been mentioned: (Herald Sun: Link supplied at end)

Adrian Ernest Bayley, a muscular 41-year-old who spent time at Fenix Fitness gym in Coburg, married at age 18 after his then girlfriend fell pregnant.

He went on to have another baby by her. One child would now be aged in the 20s; the other, a teenager.

Mr Bayley, born on July 14, 1971, did an apprenticeship in 1993 and qualified as a pastry cook, and was regularly employed.

But his six-year marriage ended in separation in 1995.

The same year, he began another relationship and had two more children, a son and a daughter.

It was shortly after that relationship broke down, in July 2000, that he changed his surname by deed poll from Edwards to Bayley.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-of-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226483766187

I did see in an article last night/early hours of the morning, stating that he had confessed to a random opportunistic attack on Jill.

But here's the thing, she was miles away. 50k or something. They wouldn't have found her on their own - or at least, not as quickly. In any case, my understanding is that the alleged perp showed the police where to find the body. Now how would he have known the location without intimate knowledge of the crime

Sorry, but Jones is hardly credible. He's a bigot IMO. Hinch though has some runs on the board for being outspoken and credible at the same time.

Whatever your opinion of him, the pollies listen to him.

But here's the thing, she was miles away. 50k or something. They wouldn't have found her on their own - or at least, not as quickly. In any case, my understanding is that the alleged perp showed the police where to find the body. Now how would he have known the location without intimate knowledge of the crime

I did also see tweets from journalists - that the accused was assisting in leading them to her body.

Most likely never would have found the site.

just woke up to the news )-;

Rest peacefully beautiful Jill <3

(going back to read now)

Do you think we will hear the results of the autopsy, or will that be kept confidential / private?

Do you think we will hear the results of the autopsy, or will that be kept confidential / private?

IMO I think it will definitely be kept confidential & private. I would assume that they may very well think that we know enough. Like some journo's were tweeting last night at how sick they felt after hearing obviously what may have occurred, I don't think we will ever hear anything that happened to her including autopsy results (I'm no expert though of course) And I for one don't want to hear any of it anyway. JMO.

At this point in time, Law Enforcement has said that this particular suspect does NOT have a criminal history. The articles being posted may not be of this same suspect, and given the dates, unless Australia is very lax, I would think the perp in the article is still behind bars?

Can you please reference where they say he does NOT have a criminal history, <modsnip>

Also, the Geelong article was dated. And the Adrian Ernest Bayley mentioned in that article was sentenced late February for 3 months, meaning that he would have been due out at the beginning of June 2012. It is now September 2012. So unless we are talking about a different article, I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say he would still be behind bars.

I'd still like to know why the others in the CCTV haven't come forward.

The couple with the round white object (bag? frisbee?) may have been Asian and may not be aware that they are being asked to come forward - tourists perhaps.

But the man in the suit who looked back - he MUST come forward. Also the person - ?student - carrying the shoulder bag (messenger bag style).

Where are they? What have they got to lose by coming forward and telling the police their stories?

Or maybe they have, and we just don't know yet?

I'd still like to know why the others in the CCTV haven't come forward.

The couple with the round white object (bag? frisbee?) may have been Asian and may not be aware that they are being asked to come forward - tourists perhaps.

But the man in the suit who looked back - he MUST come forward. Also the person - ?student - carrying the shoulder bag (messenger bag style).

Where are they? What have they got to lose by coming forward and telling the police their stories?

Or maybe they have, and we just don't know yet?

You have to hope they have, especially the man who turned and looked back.

IMO I think it will definitely be kept confidential & private. I would assume that they may very well think that we know enough. Like some journo's were tweeting last night at how sick they felt after hearing obviously what may have occurred, I don't think we will ever hear anything that happened to her including autopsy results (I'm no expert though of course) And I for one don't want to hear any of it anyway. JMO.

I have a really bad feeling about it.

Sorry doc I'm on a phone so can't link but one couple on the CCTV lived above the Duchess I saw in MSM. There are four 2 bedroom flats above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr