TX TX - Gregory 'Keith' Mann, 20, Wichita Falls, 12 May 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GKMann1.jpg

Gregory Keith Mann Jr.

Endangered Missing from Wichita Falls, Texas since May 10, 1997

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'6" -- Weight: 140-160 lbs -- Hair Color: Lt. Brown -- Eye Color: Blue

Gregory may go by his middle name, Keith. He has a small chicken pox scar on his nose and a scar on his left earlobe.

Mann was last seen between midnight and 5:00 am at his residence in Wichita Falls, Texas on May 10, 1997. Friends dropped him off at the Fountaingate Apartments and saw him walk up the stairs to his door. He has never been seen again.

His red 1996 Ford Mustang was later located abandoned, near his family's home, in a church parking lot with the trunk of the car partially open. Keith had been using a car from the car dealership he worked for. All his personal belongings were left behind. Circumstances of

this case indicate that foul play is possible.

Doe Network

NamUs

Charley Project

This pod cast reveals more to the story that has been told.

WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — A missing person’s case remains unsolved almost 25 years later, but authorities are hopeful an increase in the reward offered will urge those who may know something to say something.
The missing man project a web site developed by Keith’s sister.

Attachments

• mann.pdf
    395.2 KB · Views: 15
So after listening to the podcasts it sounds like they went to a carwash after mudding.. Was there ever any footage or verification of that? Also on one of the podcasts his parents said people at the apartment remembered hearing him being picked up but not dropped off.

Couple that with the fact that this 'meeting' at 1215 was only ever brought up by the friends (Chris and his fiance).

Possibly an accident mudding? Chris and the fiance are drinking and somehow Keith is accidentally hurt and succumbs to his injuries. They decide to conceal the accident because they're afraid they could be held criminally liable

The friends then put the beer cans in his apartment to make it look like he made it inside. They grab the keys and park the car at a spot Chris knew he parked next to his parents house to support the 'meeting' claim.

Add the fact that Keiths dad seemed suspicious of chris in one of the episodes. No known drug activity in regards to kieth either.. At least none mention of it by his family. Some mention of gambling on basketball but I think the whole clandestine meeting thing is a bit far fetched.

Just a thought, could be many other possibilities of course

Last edited:
True Crime Garage Podcast has two segments on this interesting case. I was multi tasking while listening and would like to hear the segments again but I hope I have the following correct.
1. LE are fairly confident Chris and partner are telling the truth BUT she was never polygraphed he was and passed. True Crime Garage is not as confident as LE and thinks she should be polygraphed even now.
2. The reward is increased to 25000.
3. Keith was doing some some illegal gambling on basketball and there were two NBA playoff games the day he disappeared or rather I guess the day before as his meet up was for 1215 a.m. He told Chris and partner he had to be home as there was someone he needed to meet up with after midnight. The podcast sort of doubts he would be killed for the the amount of money he would be gambling.
4. There are some people in Keith's circle who LE cold case cannot locate and some who are not cooperating. This last fact is of course interesting.
5. Supposedly at the car lot he was working at there were people involved in narcotics selling. The podcast brings up the possibility that maybe the car he had borrowed from the car lot could have say, unknown to him have hidden drugs etc. and he got involved over his head unwittingly.
6. He was to move in with his girlfriend/fiance later in that day he went missing. I find it odd that the podcast doesn't look at all at previous relationships he or his fiance might have had - I am thinking of a motive of jealously, someone who doesn't want them living together or marrying.
7. The podcast correctly makes much of the fact the car he had borrowed from his job was found at his church parking lot and the new pastor there had told him he could no longer park there - but it was found at the spot he had previously parked - so did he park it or did someone else after harming him.
8. I actually think the not discussed love angle is the best angle to pursue and wonder if some of the persons unwilling to talk to LE now could fit in that category.

So after listening to the podcasts it sounds like they went to a carwash after mudding.. Was there ever any footage or verification of that? Also on one of the podcasts his parents said people at the apartment remembered hearing him being picked up but not dropped off.

Couple that with the fact that this 'meeting' at 1215 was only ever brought up by the friends (Chris and his fiance).

Possibly an accident mudding? Chris and the fiance are drinking and somehow Keith is accidentally hurt and succumbs to his injuries. They decide to conceal the accident because they're afraid they could be held criminally liable

The friends then put the beer cans in his apartment to make it look like he made it inside. They grab the keys and park the car at a spot Chris knew he parked next to his parents house to support the 'meeting' claim.

Add the fact that Keiths dad seemed suspicious of chris in one of the episodes. No known drug activity in regards to kieth either.. At least none mention of it by his family. Some mention of gambling on basketball but I think the whole clandestine meeting thing is a bit far fetched.

Just a thought, could be many other possibilities of course
Hopefully by now LE would have offered Chris and fiancee no laying of charges if they would come clean if the death was accidental.
There were muddy clothes in his apt. It seems a huge risk to stage that scene when after all they could just say they had dropped him off and he must have met with the unknown person. It is interesting that he didn't finish that beer. I don't know Keith's habits but if there was any element of stress in this meeting you would think he might finish the beer.

One thing I must have heard incorrectly: does the podcast say the deadbolt is drawn and the door is locked from the outside? How is that possible. Perhaps I heard it wrong.

Both True Crime Garage and Brain Scratch cast some shade on Chris and partner however without providing any hint of a theory of what motive they would have to kill Chris. Is it really that common for a male and female partner to kill the guy's friend?

One interesting fact from Brain Scratch is that the trunk of the car was not locked. Possibly TCG adds that the seat may have been at a different setting than Keith would have used.

Last edited:
I have the impression that this young man was kidnapped for some matter of stolen cars or for drugs that he was hiding or that he was asked to transport... in the United States it is so easy to kill and never be found... I think he was a good man but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
whatever he may rest in peace

The nearly 26-year-old case of Keith Mann, who mysteriously disappeared in Wichita Falls at the age of 20, is getting some fresh attention.

His family is getting assistance from a detective who went to school with Keith.

Dec 31 2023
1704032136808.png
''Gregory Keith Mann Jr., 20, was last seen May 10, 1997, near his home in Fountaingate Apartments on Tower Drive. He reportedly intended to meet an unidentified person that night. He worked at Ron Roberts Ford and was driving a red 1996 Ford Mustang from his job.

The car was later found in a parking lot on McNiel Avenue. He was engaged to be married, and no possessions were missing when he vanished. Wichita Falls police said they believed Mann was the victim of foul play.''

The Missing Mann Project has a FB page and the WFPD did a podcast on his story as well.

Case Last Updated:
May 11, 2024

Tasks - Can you help?​

Identify Co-workers
Identify Neighbors
Who saw Keith on May 10th?
Share case on social media

I hate to bump an old thread with no news but the recent bone-discovery in WF made me think of Keith. Keep in mind it’s (highly) highly unlikely to be him due to many things - most importantly the found debit card.

But, does anyone know if Chris is deceased? I have heard he is but was curious if anyone had a definitive answer.

Last edited:
I hate to bump an old thread with no news but the recent bone-discovery in WF made me think of Keith. Keep in mind it’s (highly) highly unlikely to be him due to many things - most importantly the found debit card.

But, does anyone know if Chris is deceased? I have heard he is but was curious if anyone had a definitive answer.
Chris

Do you mean Christopher McKay? AFAIK he's never been located. His sister has a small FB group for him I do believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back