GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi first time here, I have been following all week.

I'd like to say that I was suspicious of TM, and I feel very guilty for this. So I would like to apologise to him.

I found WS by google...

There is a chance that Adrian Bayley was reading on here?

I feel ill.

They have closed his Facebook page? why is that?
I am very much an amateur here.

Just a thought earlier on when people were wondering if the husband had anything to do with it... When he said in that interview 'before she left' do you think that maybe on a sub conscious level he knew she was gone as she would have let him know she was ok if she could
Jmo

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I am just devastated by this case and cannot imagine what poor Jill's family and friends are going through.

The CCTV footage is just so chilling. I was talking to my other half this morning saying imagine if there wasn't the footage.

Anyway, nothing to add, just wanted to share my thoughts.

I'd like to say that I was suspicious of TM, and I feel very guilty for this. So I would like to apologise to him.

I found WS by google...

I feel ill.

I think there's a very good chance he was reading on here .. and it's interesting how the FB page gets shut down so fast .. perhaps it's something the police do. In years past shut down facebook pages were still able to be viewed as 'cached' pages if you dropped the address into google .. not so with this one however.

I found WS by google...

I feel ill.

please dont feel guilty....the police look at the spouse immediately...we, the public, know this as well, for an ordinary everyday good man, Tom, I imagine he would understand this...x

I think there's a very good chance he was reading on here .. and it's interesting how the FB page gets shut down so fast .. perhaps it's something the police do. In years past shut down facebook pages were still able to be viewed as 'cached' pages if you dropped the address into google .. not so with this one however.

I think he would have been reading here for sure, and would likely have loved it when fingers were pointing at the poor husband.

Kimster, what a beautiful, touching, appropriate song. The beauty of the Irish scenery is reflective of the beauty of Jillian - a beauty that will live forever in the hearts of all those who were touched by her beautiful spirit and precious nature.
God Bless Jillian's family, friends and the love of her life, her husband Tom...may they hold cherished memories of her spirit and know that she is reflected in the vibrant colours and beauty of life ..forever.
Well said. A touching tribute to the loss of a beautiful, vibrant, young Irish girl. Gone to soon. The music speaks to our sad loss where words fail, our lament for that loss in such tragic circumstances. It helps soothe the way and takes our better self to a higher place, above our vengeful wishes for the perpetrator; it helps us think of all the good things about Jill, the love, the laughter, the joy of her life. We wish her loved ones well in their grief. We stand beside you in grief. She'll be remembered.

I think the people on here who originally accused TM and have now apologized are admirable for doing that. The other thousands of people on FB, twitter, who did it now couldn't care less - they're too busy spewing vile at AB.

As much as I am horrified and distraught at this case, I don't see how that helps anyone. If we don't care about justice and a fair trial, that too is a sad indictment on our society, even if the evidence looks pretty clear.

Thanks very much to the mods for keeping everyone in check during those early stages when there were suspicions about TM - obviously your reasons for that are now pretty evident!

I found WS by google...

I feel ill.

Welcome, Suspicious! :seeya:

good question..... There are some cases where there was a possibility that the perp has been reading WS!:what:

Another thought - even a shallow grave for an adult - this one was about 30cm (a foot) deep - will take some serious digging. This would imply that he had something with which to dig it - a shovel or whatever. So it was either in the back of his car already, or he called somewhere - eg home - to pick one up before driving out to Gisborne.

That would imply a fair degree of either planning or premeditation, at least for the burial, if not for the whole thing. No accidental excuses here, I feel.

Perhaps a nail mark on his finger? (i.e. defensive wound)

Attachments

• perp.jpg
    perp.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 138
Out-of-Sessions Court Hearing at 2:30am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-27/man-charged-with-rape-murder-of-jill-meagher/4284826

ABC reporter James Bennett attended Bayley's bail hearing:

Bayley stared straight ahead as the bail justice explained to him that the allegations of rape and murder he was now facing meant she could not grant him bail.

Asked if he wanted the charges read to him, Bayley meekly replied: "No, that's fine."

When she asked him if he understood the charges that he was facing, he answered "yes" in a barely audible whisper.
:furious:

I feel so sorry for both Toms. Vile accusations of their involvement in Jill's disappearance by posters were levelled at both men. Both would be feeling "what if" today. I hope they didn't read too many of those posts :(

Thanks Maigret :)

Has the hearing been confirmed as 9am at the Magistrate's Court? Walked past it at 8:30am and there was no media circus or anything like that.

Edit: Or is this a time difference thing, where people were actually referring to the 2:30am hearing last night? I took it to mean there would be a second one at 9am today.

Thanks Maigret :)

Has the hearing been confirmed as 9am at the Magistrate's Court? Walked past it at 8:30am and there was no media circus or anything like that.

Ahron Young who reports for Sky News was tweeting that his program manager was inside the court and TM was there. So I guess it's happening...?

ETA: Ahron Young ‏@AhronYoung

Our producer inside the Magistrates court tells me Tomm Meagher is inside the court

Just a thought earlier on when people were wondering if the husband had anything to do with it... When he said in that interview 'before she left' do you think that maybe on a sub conscious level he knew she was gone as she would have let him know she was ok if she could
Jmo

My thought at the time and now is that he just meant, "before she left for work"... he stopped himself because it just sounded too normal... like when someone accidentally refers to a dead loved one as it they're still around... I thought it was just sad at the time, but then I neer suspected TM.

Hi everyone. Warning - Newbie!

Followed your coverage of this case yesterday like a woman possessed! You guys are better than CSI Miami!

On a more serious note, I have been absolutely rocked by this case. Because I am old - like REALLY ancient - when I saw Jill's photo on the weekend and her beautiful face, I thought immediately of Anita Cobby and my instincts turned out to be right. The parallels are - unfortunately - frightening.

Loose ends for me are 1) did it turn out to be a gun he was pointing at her in the CCTV footage and 2) have we solved the mystery of the handbag?

Thanks
LeoBear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members