GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re the map that was posted a couple of pages ago, and somebody mentioning the "laneway" running up behind the Turkish restaurant.

That's not quite correct - the laneway where the bag was found was the little laneway heading SOUTH off Hope St, not far after turning into Hope St (i.e. turn left into the laneway) The thing that was called the "laneway" on that map that was posted, is in fact, Little Breese St. That is NOT where the bag was found.

Also, the pizza shop that provided the CCTV footage was SOUTH of Hope St - number was 3-something - it was mentioned in one of the news articles this morning. The camera was looking NORTH - up towards Hope St, and towards the Duchess Boutique.

I don't think Jill did go beyond Hope St. I think she went left into Hope St, towards her normal route home, either willingly or was forced that way, and then into the little laneway to her left. I suspect - but no proof - that AB's car may well have been parked down that laneway, where you go down a little concrete ramp, and then you can turn right down another lane to get to Ovens St. But beyond THAT little laneway is some grassy, waste ground, a couple of sheds, and a load of old skips on a waste block that fronts onto Ovens St.

My suspicion is that it was down there, where AB may well have pre-positioned his car after that first walk past the Duchess camera, and where he then lured Jill to the opening of the laneway then forced her the rest of the way. And that was probably where the scream came from. And also where she may have dropped her bag. Pure guesswork, of course, on my part. But it would seem to fit the facts we have.

If you go back and find the link to that reporter who shot the video of the walk from Duchess Boutique to Jill's home area, he turned down that laneway, - in fact a guy ahead of him looked at bit worried and darted off down the laneway to Ovens St - and you can see the more desolate waste area I'm referring to. I have a feeling that that is where the crime occurred.

All he would have had to do then was drive out of the laneway, making sure traffic wasn't coming, turn right then left and he's on Sydney Rd heading north and away. From there, he may have called home to get a shovel, or he may have already had one in the back of the car.

Well - it's one theory, at least....

:goodpost:

No - the pizza shop was SOUTH of Hope St. That is - BEFORE Jill got to the Duchess Boutique and BEFORE she presumably turned left into Hope St.

See my post just above this...

Then why would the Pizza Woman say "She wasn't even supposed to be around here..." When we all know she was supposed to be exactly there and even past it?

Also, why would it be the "last footage of Jill alive" if it was south of 517?

I'm sure I heard/read one report that said something to the effect of: she wasn't meant to be up this far.

Alluding to North, well past 517.

Too many gaps here.

My suspicion is that it was down there, where AB may well have pre-positioned his car after that first walk past the Duchess camera, and where he then lured Jill to the opening of the laneway then forced her the rest of the way. And that was probably where the scream came from. And also where she may have dropped her bag. Pure guesswork, of course, on my part. But it would seem to fit the facts we have.

If you go back and find the link to that reporter who shot the video of the walk from Duchess Boutique to Jill's home area, he turned down that laneway, - in fact a guy ahead of him looked at bit worried and darted off down the laneway to Ovens St - and you can see the more desolate waste area I'm referring to. I have a feeling that that is where the crime occurred.

All he would have had to do then was drive out of the laneway, making sure traffic wasn't coming, turn right then left and he's on Sydney Rd heading north and away. From there, he may have called home to get a shovel, or he may have already had one in the back of the car.

Snipped to billy-o: I agree with you totally ... except for this Pizza shop talk. We know she was on that CCTV and it has to be further north than hope, no?

This crime has shaken women and made us feel a vulnerability that many men will be unable to understand.

http://www..au/news/jill-meagher-abduction/

You could be right Leo. I guess I am mentioning legal aid because one of the links in the last few pages mentioned a legal aid lawyer appeared at the morning's hearing with him. But if he can't afford to pay for a lawyer, then it is possible that a private lawyer will offer their services to him pro bono.

If it goes to trial I can see barristers lining up to make a name for themselves by being the ones to set a precedent on the issue of prejudice in the digital / social media age unfortunately. Legal aid lawyer or not.

Thankyou for the pizza shop info! So that footage was pre- bridal shop I guess.

DETECTIVES in teams working parallel investigations cracked the case that led to the discovery of Jill Meagher's body six days after she was reported missing.

The crucial breakthrough came on Tuesday when police uncovered CCTV footage from Sydney Rd, Brunswick, revealing a man wearing a blue hoodie speaking to Jill Meagher.

They were able to see his face and eventually identified him as their suspect, accused man Adrian Ernest Bayley.

Police had footage from at least two shops capturing Ms Meagher's journey along Sydney Rd.

One camera was inside Duchess Boutique facing out to Sydney Rd, less than 100m from Hope St.

That footage was released to the media showing Ms Meagher approached by a man in a blue hoodie as she made her way home.

The other camera was shooting along Sydney Rd from a pizza shop farther south along the strip.

Just re the map that was posted a couple of pages ago, and somebody mentioning the "laneway" running up behind the Turkish restaurant.

That's not quite correct - the laneway where the bag was found was the little laneway heading SOUTH off Hope St, not far after turning into Hope St (i.e. turn left into the laneway) The thing that was called the "laneway" on that map that was posted, is in fact, Little Breese St. That is NOT where the bag was found.

Also, the pizza shop that provided the CCTV footage was SOUTH of Hope St - number was 3-something - it was mentioned in one of the news articles this morning. The camera was looking NORTH - up towards Hope St, and towards the Duchess Boutique.

I don't think Jill did go beyond Hope St. I think she went left into Hope St, towards her normal route home, either willingly or was forced that way, and then into the little laneway to her left. I suspect - but no proof - that AB's car may well have been parked down that laneway, where you go down a little concrete ramp, and then you can turn right down another lane to get to Ovens St. But beyond THAT little laneway is some grassy, waste ground, a couple of sheds, and a load of old skips on a waste block that fronts onto Ovens St.

Thanks fior clearing that up

I can see the laneway you're referring to on Google maps, think i can see the ramp as well if you look in from the Ovens st entrance?

Makes me sick to think im lookin at the scene of the crime. What a <modsnip>, parking his car there literally 20 metres off Sydney Rd. <modsnip>.

Im now sure she turned down Hppe St too, and he dragged her into that laneway as they searched the entrance,

All speculation oif course, but makes sense.

It is my understanding that the other cctv video was from before the dress shop footage, and because google and I are BFFS:

http://www.news.com.au/national/one...ea-for-witnesses/story-fncynjr2-1226482146903

Last night it emerged the mystery hoodie man captured on CCTV talking to Ms Meagher was earlier seen running after her along Sydney Rd.

The witness said new CCTV footage given to police shows Ms Meagher walking unsteadily along Sydney Rd oblivious to the man running towards her.

This would make sense if the pizza place was before the dress shop, as Doc posted

This crime has shaken women and made us feel a vulnerability that many men will be unable to understand.

http://www..au/news/jill-meagher-abduction/

It would be so useful for mobile phones to have an 'Alert-screamer' key.
Problem of misuse would have to be addressed!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-body-was-found/story-fndo2dsc-1226483793882

"Police had footage from at least two shops capturing Ms Meagher's journey along Sydney Rd.

One camera was inside Duchess Boutique facing out to Sydney Rd, less than 100m from Hope St.

That footage was released to the media showing Ms Meagher approached by a man in a blue hoodie as she made her way home.

The other camera was shooting along Sydney Rd from a pizza shop farther south along the strip."

Ahhh so maybe a view of Jill being forced down Hope Street?

It would be so useful for mobile phones to have an 'Alert-screamer' key.
Problem of misuse would have to be addressed!

Great idea. There is a safety app for the iPhone called "bSafe" which allows you to initiate live tracking and video recording, text messages and alerts, etc.

But the main problem is that the tiny speaker on most mobiles simply doesn't emit enough volume to do much. Some of the message alerts - like that stupid klaxon one - are annoying and a bit on the loud side, but nowhere near loud enough to scare somebody off or attract attention.

Maybe a market for a little dongle worn around the neck - keep it in the handbag/purse/whatever until you head out on your own, jogging, walking home, etc - and it would include a LOUD screamer plus a little MACE spraypack.

Should make an attacker think twice....

It is my understanding that the other cctv video was from before the dress shop footage, and because google and I are BFFS:

http://www.news.com.au/national/one...ea-for-witnesses/story-fncynjr2-1226482146903

This would make sense if the pizza place was before the dress shop, as Doc posted

Good find!

:moo:

I guess that if this is the footage people were speaking about when they said she was oblivious to him running after her, the red car doing a u-turn at the same time is not related.

Does anyone know where this pizza shop could be, in relation to the art supply shop and Duchess bridal? He was walking slightly behind her at the art store, but by Duchess bridal he was significantly in front. It makes sense that he would have been running at some stage to get that far in front of her.

Oh dear. I just had a thought.

What if he was running to get his gun from his car. That would explain why he was walking with his hand in his pocket on his second pass in front of Duchess bridal.

:moo:

There is always the old-fashioned police-type whistle...wear around the neck or keep in your hand while walking. Low tech, but effective.

Doc, the closest pizza shop I can find south of Duchess bridal (no 517) is Crust Pizza at 455. Can any locals confirm this. Godfathers is back further. Jill likely walked past both after she crossed the road from bar Etiquette. Maybe the cctv of one these pizza shops got a really good face video of him and the police said to AB "we know you were in Sydney street because this is your face and we can see what you are wearing. We therefore can identify you from the Duchess cctv and have evidence you were talking to Jill.

I too don't think Jill got past Hope Street. Dan, the guy in the orange shirt said he would have seen her if she walked passed the turkish shop north of Hope st which is where he got and ate his kebab for 10 mins. I don't think that AB would have risked taking Jill past that shop as it seems it was the only shop open between Duchess bridal and just past Hope street and it had people in it that could have intervened.

Edit Deans Art supply is 475 Sydney Rd so between the pizza place and Duchess bridal

there is also Godfathers pizza shop which is on the corner of victoria and sydney road number 347. Down near Bar etiquette.

Thanks knowledgethirsty and IMO this is the pizza restaurant referred to in MSM where they mention the other CCTV footage as "The other camera was shooting along Sydney Rd from a pizza shop farther south along the strip." I take this to mean farther south of the Duchess Boutique where the other CCTV footage was taken.

The guy in the red top who appears in the CCTV footage outside the Duchess Boutique has told police that he went to the kebab restaurant and sat there for a while but did not see Jill or the guy in the blue hoodie walk past, so IMO that would indicate that neither of them were captured on CCTV further north of Hope Street. IMO AB has spotted Jill not long after she left Bar Etiquette (408 Sydney Road) and has followed and harrassed her all the way to Hope Street.

MOO.

Godfather's-Pizza-Brunswick.jpg

Great idea. There is a safety app for the iPhone called "bSafe" which allows you to initiate live tracking and video recording, text messages and alerts, etc.

But the main problem is that the tiny speaker on most mobiles simply doesn't emit enough volume to do much. Some of the message alerts - like that stupid klaxon one - are annoying and a bit on the loud side, but nowhere near loud enough to scare somebody off or attract attention.

Maybe a market for a little dongle worn around the neck - keep it in the handbag/purse/whatever until you head out on your own, jogging, walking home, etc - and it would include a LOUD screamer plus a little MACE spraypack.

Unfortunately mace/pepper spray is illegal in Australia. IMO the best line of defence is awareness of your surroundings and taking a self defence class or form of martial arts.

Great ideas, I especially like the dongle around the neck one.

The last personal alarm I bought was useless, the volume was nowhere near loud enough.

I suspect they don't have any cctv of AB forcing Jill into Hope Street. Just clear footage of him on the street at more than one location and then the very important footage of him interacting with Jill outside Duchess bridal. I think that is the last footage that shows either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE