GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find!

:moo:

I guess that if this is the footage people were speaking about when they said she was oblivious to him running after her, the red car doing a u-turn at the same time is not related.

Does anyone know where this pizza shop could be, in relation to the art supply shop and Duchess bridal? He was walking slightly behind her at the art store, but by Duchess bridal he was significantly in front. It makes sense that he would have been running at some stage to get that far in front of her.

Oh dear. I just had a thought.

What if he was running to get his gun from his car. That would explain why he was walking with his hand in his pocket on his second pass in front of Duchess bridal.

:moo:

There was purpose and rapidity in AB's first walk past the boutique, and his arms and hands were free of his pockets. It is my belief that he had made up his mind to attack Jill and returned to his car to retrieve a weapon as a persuader to her to comply. He returns to the boutique more nonchantly, engages Jill in some discussion (she steps back from him) and then he definitely takes what I believe is a handgun out of his pocket whilst she is occupied with her phone. He would not carry it as a matter of course in the street, as he is still a parolee and it would be an automatic breach of parole if he was stopped in the street and searched. Retrieving it from a vehicle, he knows he is not going to be at risk for long, as he has planned where the attack will occur.

Can we believe him? Was there further rape? violent assault? etc. The autopsy report will inform us of those facts. IMO. He has admitted the abduction, rape, murder and burial, but the details from the autopsy will yeild what happen to Jill.

All I have read was that police said both offences he's been charged with occurred in Brunswick early hours of Sat morning.

This is the 'aerosol type' I have. Can get refills (which I didn't know)

Walk Easy Personal Alarm
One press of the Walk Easy alarm blasts 138 decibels of ear piercing sound audible to up to ¼ of a mile away. Simply clip your Walk Easy onto your clothes or belt, while you jog, walk alone, use it to fire down the phone and stop nuisance calls, or keep it beside your bed for piece of mind at night. The Walk Easy personal alarm screeches for up to 6 minutes, works upside down, and will continue to work even if dropped on the ground.

* 138 decibel sound output
* Works even if used upside down
* More than six minutes continuous sound output or 300 intermittent blasts
* Attaches to a holster that clips on for practical, every day protection against attacks
* Provides personal protection for high school students, teenagers, security personnel, shop staff, elderly people and shift workers.
* When the cap is pushed down it will continue to work even if dropped to the ground
* Made in the United Kingdom

http://besafeinthecity.com/australi...t because I've always got my keys in my hand.

Was reading somewhere a theory about 'off record' briefing to media - given what we have heard since about priors and the possible backlash from public about any person with such a history being in the community, police might have wanted media on-side to cope with reaction.

yes, hopefully this info is what all the exclamations of "oh no" and "shocking" which were twittered after the police briefing, and nothing more sinister.

yes, hopefully this info is what all the exclamations of "oh no" and "shocking" which were twittered after the police briefing, and nothing more sinister.

Don't know, but I reckon it's a plausible theory, i.e. give media a 'sweetener' to keep them on side. Let's hope so.

Bearbear, I think you could be right. The police couldn't reveal any gory details as such so it wasn't that. I think they told the media that he was a convicted serial rapist on parole. That is shocking.

"Police will allege that he eventually told them the story, admitting he grabbed Jill Meagher and took her to a side street where he sexually assaulted her." (from the John Silvester article)

he (allegedly) assaulted her in the alley - he didn't drive her somewhere else to assault her.

Which, by the way, is a tiny bit of good news. It means it was probably relatively brief, not torture.

That nastiness like your T word (personally cannot repeat it) must have happened somewhere to make hardened journalist vomit when seen at grave exhuming and the judge to tone down the charges for sensitive fact that her husband and brother were in court....much worse I hear, sorry no link other than reported last night on WS

We don't know exactly what he did or did not admit in interview. We know it's video recorded. All we know so far is what he is currently charged with, and he hasn't entered a plea yet.

Respectfully, we do kind of know what was said. When police hold a press conference telling reporters what they are about to be told is off the record, then twitter explodes with comments from those reporters mentioning words like horrific and this isn't good and a simple oh no - you can imagine what they were told, and this was all before police had recovered remains.

A really good friend of mine ended with "Tonight's news has made me physically sick. Being a journo can be a b**** of a job at times. Gunna hug my wife & kids hard when I get home"

He must have told them a hell of a lot, because we know the police are not going to tell all to the media and what they did shocked their socks off.

Bearbear, I think you could be right. The police couldn't reveal any gory details as such so it wasn't that. I think they told the media that he was a convicted serial rapist on parole. That is shocking.

it is really shocking, but easier to cope with than thinking of what other unsaid unimaginable horrors he may have inflicted on jill

That nastiness like your T word (personally cannot repeat it) must have happened somewhere to make hardened journalist vomit when seen at grave exhuming and the judge to tone down the charges for sensitive fact that her husband and brother were in court....much worse I hear, sorry no link other than reported last night on WS

GutFeeling!
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2011

https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey

"Tonight's news has made me physically sick. Being a journo can be a ***** of a job at times. Gunna hug my wife & kids hard when I get home"

I know Andrew really well - I can't begin to imagine what he knows for him to say that.

I Still Call Australia Home

Respectfully, we do kind of know what was said. When police hold a press conference telling reporters what they are about to be told is off the record, then twitter explodes with comments from those reporters mentioning words like horrific and this isn't good and a simple oh no - you can imagine what they were told, and this was all before police had recovered remains.

A really good friend of mine ended with "Tonight's news has made me physically sick. Being a journo can be a b**** of a job at times. Gunna hug my wife & kids hard when I get home"

He must have told them a hell of a lot, because we know the police are not going to tell all to the media and what they did shocked their socks off.

so it sounds like their reaction wasnt just the fact he has priors?

Other speculation was that even though hardened journos- reaction was different because Jill was one of them, not so much an anonymous victim. It was much more personal.

I'd say that an alleged murderer having priors wouldn't shock anyone. But I also agree that the reaction may have been because she was a young, beautiful, ABC employee...

Front page of today's Daily Tele (Sydney) has full page photo (the FB one). Was on all sydney news bulletins last night.

They can't show in Vic unless face obscured.

It's not that simple.

As this website was referred to in social media and in the press, it is more prominent than it might previously been to Australians, even though the site is hosted overseas.

This case could set a dangerous precedent, given the crucial role of the Internet from the outset in this case.

We wouldn't want defence attorneys alleging that the defendant was ostensibly tried by Internet, and therefore can't get a fair trial.

I'd heartily recommend reading the Crikey article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you mean he got her into his car when they got just around the corner? I wonder about the location of the handbag though? Maybe he tossed her handbag away after putting her in the car. Maybe her phone was in her pocket.

BBM: I am wondering if her phone was the evidence the police showed him to prove they knew it was him. He was arrested at 2:30 pm and they showed him that piece of whatever (we have all been thinking CCTV footage) later that night. that gave them time to start forensic testing on the car. just a thought

It's not that simple.

As this website was referred to in social media and in the press, it is more prominent than it might previously been to Australians, even though the site is hosted overseas.

This case could set a dangerous precedent, given the crucial role of the Internet from the outset in this case.

We wouldn't want defence attorneys alleging that the defendant was ostensibly tried by Internet, and therefore can't get a fair trial.

I'd heartily recommend reading the Crikey article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have read article, it's on other sites as well and in today's papers.

Thanks so much for that Berry, well done. Well it looks like I was only partly right or partly wrong. :what: I also thought that woman was the owner of the Turkish restaurant. So it would seem that the owner of the Turkish restaurant did phone the police about the screams! Why didn't they attend FFS! :banghead:

Thanks for that link Berry :)

I can't take that woman at her word, she mentions police never showing up when people call and after that gripe she mentions that it happened that night and the lady at the Turkish shop told her. I would really have liked the reporter to confirm that they spoke to the Turkish shop lady and confirmed this woman's statement.

I think I would have mentioned that a call was made and police didn't turn up and then added that I hear that people call police often and they never turn up (she may have got a speeding ticket earlier lol)

She just seemed to have a beef to me. I could be wrong, this is only my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake