GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So often with victims, when we get to know them, they always seem to be the kind of people you can imagine having a cuppa with, or just enjoying their company or to laugh with. RIP Jill.

I find this a really interesting difference between different personality types. I asked my partner whether, if something like this happened to me, and the killer filmed, and the police gave him the option to watch the footage before it was destroyed, would he?

He said yes, because those were my last moments, and because not seeing it, but knowing the footage existed, and that police had seen it, would be even more distressing. I think I would be the same. But many people would prefer not to, I can understand that too.

I don't think either is right or wrong.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I lost my sister in a car accident ( drunk driver). The accident happened in a town 800 kms from where we lived. Police officers said it was one of the worst accidents they had ever attended.I can tell you from personal experience that I still to this day do not want to know what horrific injuries she may have suffered. I know that information was available/accessible - but her loss itself was painful enough without having to know how much she truly suffered.

Later in the day a condolence book was available outside the church for people to express their condolences to Jill's family.

One note summed up the purpose of the march. Casey wrote "Jill, I hope you watched today as thousands of people came out to honour your beautiful life and to ensure your life and death are never forgotten.

"The nature of your passing is not acceptable, and you have bought a community together to show we will not tolerate it."

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/be-vigilant-not-afraid-20120930-26t73.html#ixzz27xNfureD

In my opinion the Parole Board have much to answer for. We pay our taxes which pays their salaries. So we are paying them to do a job on behalf of civil society. It is their job to assess and decide parole/no parole and safety concerns for the community. They should be held to account for their decisions like every other professional. Those 20 parole board members need to answer for this one. <modsnip.. There appears to be 'fragmentation' of information <modsnip>. In the interests of public safety and sentencing, that history needs to be co-ordinated and 'defragmented' to enable an assessment about degree of deviance and implications for re-emerging threat to other human beings. The public have a right and a responsibility to show our anger and express our outrage<modsnip>. There are calls for change in the Parole Board system, recognition that sex offenders are a different category of deviance requiring a different solution. The 'one size fits all' Parole Board may need to re-think its approach for those with a history of violent sex offences. This category of deviance is known to have a high recidivism rate and low rehabilitation rate. Repeated offences mean they are an ongoing threat to women and children and should never be released. This is my honest opinion and fair comment.

<respectfully snipped>
In my opinion the Parole Board have much to answer for.
They should be held to account for their decisions like every other professional.

I AGREE.

<respectfully snipped>
There appears to be 'fragmentation' of information <modsnip>.

IMO... Convicted criminals of serious offences (Murderers and Sex Offenders) should NOT be allowed to change their name.

It is a full moon. Prisoners who thought he was within sniffing distance would be restless. Goodness me what a tense place it would be

Moo

The graffiti art (posted on WS earlier today) has hit main stream media.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...elbourne-laneway/story-e6frf7kx-1226484944879

Annika Smethurst
Herald Sun
October 01, 201212:00AM

AN unknown graffiti artist has left an enduring tribute to murdered ABC employee Jill Meagher in Melbourne's CBD.

946627-jill-meagher-art-tribute.jpg

I AGREE.

IMO... Convicted criminals of serious offences (Murderers and Sex Offenders) should NOT be allowed to change their name.

folks: while discussing generically these issues I surely hope that this will not lead back to any discussion that is currently a :nono: and could potentially interfere with Justice for Jill Meagher. Please keep this in mind as you discuss this topic.

Just a note. I have been informed that there is an X rated Adult Sex shop which shows videos just two/three doors north along Sydney Rd from The Brunswick Green. Question is: was the alleged perpetrator in there being stimulated by visual sexual images prior to this attack? Did he overhear Jill declining Mr Wright's offer saying that she knew the area well and lived nearby, then decided to follow her? This would fit with opportunistic in my opinion.

I mentioned the possiblity he was there in an earlier thread too.
The shop is Club X.

There is also a strip club further north on Sydney Rd between Hope St and Albion, but on their website they have a dress code - no track pants!

And a brothel on Moreland, around the corner from Sydney Rd.

:banghead: I will never support strip clubs, adult shops, nor brothels. Regardless if normal people also go there. Personally knowing someone profoundly affected by a diagnosed Sex Addiction, these places only make the objectification and degradation of women so much worse.

More from http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-accuseds-safety/story-e6freon6-1226484920926

The gym junkie, 41, underwent a psychological evaluation on arrival and was put under observation in the protection unit. It is believed drugs were not in his system.

The major offenders' unit, which handles high-profile and gangland inmates, has been assigned to handle his placement.

He is likely to be transferred to the MRC or Barwon Prison.

In a mark of the significance of Ms Meagher's death, 40 inmates prayed for her at mass with chaplain Joe Caddy.

Ok chaps, back from the walk. Wow. SO MANY PEOPLE! Men, women, couples, families with kids and dogs, old, young. everyone was there, many with flowers. At first the police blocked off the left hand of Sydney Rd going south (don't forget, we drive on the left here) but after a few blocks it became evident that that wasn't enough so the just let the walk take over the whole street, and they had officers and cars blocking each of the access roads (ie Blyth, Victoria, etc).

I took some photos with my phone but the one Marly posted above pretty much shows the scene. It was quiet, no singing or drums or chants. Just people chatting about it and stopping at Hope St corner, Duchess bridal shop, Bar Etiquette and so on. The mood was quite positive but there was a lot of "I'd never walk further back than Sydney Rd at night" type comments.

I noted another kebab shop two doors up (north) from Alaysia, so maybe that's where Dan Gregson said he was when he hadn't noticed Jill walk past?

thanks, Pudd!

Interesting about the second kebab shop... :waitasec:

Didn't a co-worker offer to walk Jill home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper