GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

Doc, what do you mean by what computer I'm on? I'm on my own computer, it's just a computer. :waitasec: I personally prefer to use the slider, pain though it is.

You don't need any special program to grab screen captures. Your keyboard has a printscreen button (up the top between the alpha and numeric keys). Just press the printscreen button when you want to capture something on a webpage etc. You can then paste that image into any image editing software including MS Word. You also don't need to upload to Photobucket. You can add your image as an attachment directly from your computer. Just click on the little paperclip icon at the top of your message box. If you can't see it, click on the Advanced option at the bottom of your message box.

Back on topic for me.

Hi Makara - I was referring more to whether you were on a PC or a Mac or a Linux machine. I'm on a Mac, so the "PrintScreen" button isn't there. There is a key combination that will do a full screen grab, but if you want to grab just a portion of the screen, then you have to use something like SnagIt or one of the other apps that will do it. And navigating using the bottom scroll bar just seems to be far too coarse on the Mac - very tricky to stop on one frame and advance it frame by frame. The arrow keys work really well for that though. May be different on a PC.

Thanks for the tip about direct attachments - I'd missed that one :)

I agree, also what he says and the way he said things says a lot in my opinion.

I noted that he said 'at this stage', as if that could change.

And police have been searching at Gisborne for a couple of days, so if new evidence turns up extra charges could be added.

Just on the issue of whether he's holding a weapon of some description in the CCTV footage, I thought the phone call to Jill's brother came after the bridal shop footage. If he was carrying a weapon, why call her brother (or why be allowed to call brother)?? Maybe I misread the timeline (or other posts explaining this), but I find it hard to reconcile Jill calling her brother with a gun/knife/other weapon being used to abduct her. Can anyone clarify this for a sleuther slow on the uptake?

Hi Makara - I was referring more to whether you were on a PC or a Mac or a Linux machine. I'm on a Mac, so the "PrintScreen" button isn't there. There is a key combination that will do a full screen grab, but if you want to grab just a portion of the screen, then you have to use something like SnagIt or one of the other apps that will do it. And navigating using the bottom scroll bar just seems to be far too coarse on the Mac - very tricky to stop on one frame and advance it frame by frame. The arrow keys work really well for that though. May be different on a PC.

Thanks for the tip about direct attachments - I'd missed that one :)

Ooops, I forgot about Mac and Linux. :blushing: It seems we've both learned something new this evening. :cheers:

Just on the issue of whether he's holding a weapon of some description in the CCTV footage, I thought the phone call to Jill's brother came after the bridal shop footage. If he was carrying a weapon, why call her brother (or why be allowed to call brother)?? Maybe I misread the timeline (or other posts explaining this), but I find it hard to reconcile Jill calling her brother with a gun/knife/other weapon being used to abduct her. Can anyone clarify this for a sleuther slow on the uptake?

This msm has some info regarding the phonecall

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...rs-disappearance/story-fnat7jnn-1226482122518

The photo's in this article are so touching but it's the 3rd photo that really got to me, they're all looking up at Jill flying free :( lots of tears. What a brave family. :rose:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that". :anguish:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ji...er-memorial-park/story-e6frf7jo-1226488475719

That quote is by Martin Luther King and a friend of ours took a photo of it written on a card attached to flowers laid at the Baptist Church in Brunswick, so apt.

Our friend took a beautiful australian native bouquet as a gesture from a us all and took lots of pics. It is so real and so sad seeing her personal pictures.

Thanks Sooz so much for doing that xxxxxxx

That quote is by Martin Luther King and a friend of ours took a photo of it written on a card attached to flowers laid at the Baptist Church in Brunswick, so apt.

Our friend took a beautiful australian native bouquet as a gesture from a us all and took lots of pics. It is so real and so sad seeing her personal pictures.

Thanks Sooz so much for doing that xxxxxxx

Huge thanks to you and Sooz, that is very kind and a beautiful thought. Internet can be a pain but also such a powerful tool when used for good.
Bless you. *advertiser censored*

That quote is something I'll hold close to me now for a very long time. Fly free now Jill and may you find peace wherever you may be. :angel:

Unfolding - thanks for going out on the limb and posting your sketch - it was incredibly useful to me. I was intrigued by the fact that AB could have been carrying some kind of weapon. Maybe something easily concealable. CCTV often only takes shots every few seconds so anyone experienced at a martial arts like AB was, would have practised loads of moves till they became faster than the eye - and indeed practised using loads of defensive weapons. IMO it would have been quite easy for AB to hide something between frames of the CCTV as he could easily hid something while in plain sight with someone. We are just lucky that we have before and afters from the CCTV!

Thanks Liadian, Was not sure how useful it would be, or whether it would show anything to anyone else. It IS interesting that AB had trained in martial arts as has been mentioned in some MSM reports I believe.

Maybe they thought better of it and decided to show a bit of respect on the day of her funeral.

And rightfully so. I feel a bit insensitive now about posting screencaps etc. I think I'll leave all of that for another day.

RIP Jill.
rose.gif

And rightfully so. I feel a bit insensitive now about posting screencaps etc. I think I'll leave all of that for another day.

RIP Jill.
rose.gif

Yep, I also wanted to keep things a bit quiet today out of respect. I'm afraid I posted more than I intended.

R.I.P Jill Meagher

Long time lurker, first time poster - hello everyone :newhere:

I've been following the case from the start - Melbourne is my recently adopted new home and I've been out on Sydney Road once or twice and have had that "it could've been me" thought like many others. We even considered renting an apartment in Lux Way when we first moved here! I wanted to add my condolences to Jill's family & friends - she seemed like such a gorgeous person inside & out and someone I would definitely have had a drink with if I met her in a bar. We had a quiet moment to remember her at work today, as every one of my colleagues has also been deeply affected by her passing. RIP beautiful girl :rose:

in relation to a few comments made. Im pretty sure, (local residents advised) that police helicopters (i think two)were circling coburg on the wednesday .
His house isnt sealed off so not a crime scene. Wasnt it reported/rumoured that partner is still living there.
there was a google image of the home in the early days of this thread, located at the front of property was a ute and i think 4wd. I did post a while ago that I had seen most definitely that ute been towed away down Sydney Road, just before Bell Street. It was either coincidence that this was the same car parked in front of the property or it was his vehicle. Do we know for sure what he drove. Has this been confirmed anywhere. Otherwise i am off the mark with this.

not sure if i can say this, but did anyone notice the facebook pic he had of himself, there was a brown stick type object(to me looked like a knife handle) sticking out from his left side of jeans. I definitely dont think they were sunglass arms(whatever they are called),
what on earth could it have been.

I also hope I can add something constructive to our discussion - I'm 100% certain the brown item at the hem of the t-shirt is actually a label. My partner has a couple of t-shirts with similar labels. I've been scouring the interwebs for a photo - I've found a couple which will hopefully demonstrate what I mean:

http://www.converse.com.au/m10273-white
http://www.rebelsport.co.nz/Clothin...80/Mens-Puma-Fundamental-Graphic-T-shirt.html

Yep, I also wanted to keep things a bit quiet today out of respect. I'm afraid I posted more than I intended.

R.I.P Jill Meagher

I wasn't having a go at anyone on here, only at some MSM milking the tragedy for all it's worth. I did see on an article posted here that the family gave permission for media to attend behind a roped off area, and that Fawkner Park was closed from last night until midday to public.

Welcome Blackwatch - and I think you've hit that nail on the head at least...

Yes - I have a few shirts myself with labels down there.

:bang: that I didn't think of that obvious answer myself. Good spotting!

I've been following the case from the start - Melbourne is my recently adopted new home and I've been out on Sydney Road once or twice and have had that "it could've been me" thought like many others. We even considered renting an apartment in Lux Way when we first moved here! I wanted to add my condolences to Jill's family & friends - she seemed like such a gorgeous person inside & out and someone I would definitely have had a drink with if I met her in a bar. We had a quiet moment to remember her at work today, as every one of my colleagues has also been deeply affected by her passing. RIP beautiful girl :rose:

Hi & welcome to WS theblackwatch...nice to have you on board even though it's under such sad circumstances.

I also hope I can add something constructive to our discussion - I'm 100% certain the brown item at the hem of the t-shirt is actually a label. My partner has a couple of t-shirts with similar labels. I've been scouring the interwebs for a photo - I've found a couple which will hopefully demonstrate what I mean:

http://www.converse.com.au/m10273-white
http://www.rebelsport.co.nz/Clothin...80/Mens-Puma-Fundamental-Graphic-T-shirt.html

Eureka ! Just looked at AB pic again, it's a label. Cheers The Blackwatch, and Fàilte

oh my gosh, that clearly looks like he's holding a gun. that just brought tears to my eyes
well done on finding that!

Notice towards the end of the footage they show a young guy crossing road towards the bridal shop just after Jill went from view.

I'm limited with the iPad to zoom in on his right hand here but it looks maybe like his hand is bandaged, like what boxers do, also the vision of AB in the back of the police car, can anyone see closely if there is any damage to his hand/knuckles? He had short sleeves on in the police car, I couldn't see any scratches on his arm but he did have sleeves on the fateful night.

Anita, Allison & Jill all experienced unnecessary cruel deaths, these darling innocents will forever remain with me for as long as I live. Many rapes go under the radar and don't even make MSM & the girls live on but when their lives are taken from them, their families & loved ones it is inexcusable and so very sad.
:countsheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member