GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally made it to posting!! Been so busy and reading and crying and TBH there's a small amount of disbelief that this is even real, and I didn't even know her...
I had rellies from the UK here when this all unfolded and we were all transfixed by this case and the beautiful Jill. I have followed these threads and MSM for the duration but most of my thoughts have been covered by others.

Being a Victorian I'm peeved that I'm missing out on some MSM info but then knowing more wont bring her back either :(

RIP dear Jill, you've touched the hearts of so many. Take care Tom and take strength from the love you had. To Jill's family, you are amazing people and shared an amazing person with the world, find strength in the love and light that was Jill.

This is just all too too sad :(

I have a bit of catching up to do. I saw this link on the facebook page. I hadn't seen it.
Interview with Hamish Fitzsimmons.
Apologies if it has been posted.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3599655.htm

Below the story is transcript. A couple of points made.

"They gave what the senior investigating officer said was an unprecedented but very off-the-record briefing because he wanted to thank the media for its co-operation and ask for some sensitivity regarding this matter."

"The police also told us that there was no-one else arrested, there is no-one else of interest. There were initial reports that there was another man seen on that CCTV vision that was talked about today. There was a car that did a U-turn close to Jill. But now police say that there's just one person they're interested in and that's this 41-year-old."

Hi there, I'm new here and so haven't had time to read all 31 pages of the thread so sorry if I repeat anything or ask a question that has been asked before or answered before.
I am a bit of a numbers person so I hope that doesn't put anyone offside.
Also, I have to say that my heart goes out to the family and friends of any person who goes missing or is abducted. I consider it is a terrible crime and I firmly believe God's wrath will be poured out on those guilty of such wicked crimes against defenceless women.
Here are a couple of questions I would like to know the answers to -
1. Has the street name of the accused been published? I saw a pic of his wooden (I think house in Coburg on TV)
2. Has a cause of death been published?

Thanks for any help on this.

Katy

Hi there, I'm new here and so haven't had time to read all 31 pages of the thread so sorry if I repeat anything or ask a question that has been asked before or answered before.
Also, I have to say that my heart goes out to the family and friends of any person who goes missing or is abducted. I consider it is a terrible crime and I firmly believe God's wrath will be poured out on those guilty of such wicked crimes against defenceless women.
1. Has the street name of the accused been published? I saw a pic of his wooden (I think house in Coburg on TV)

Katy

Hi Catherine2.
Welcome to the forum.
The street name has not been published. (Which is rightly so as there are innocent people still living there) People have worked out where it is from pictures shown on the news, you may find it if you search hard enough.
Secondly, cause of death has not been released and it may never be.

The street name was mentioned on the news in Melbourne, a day after his arrest, as that's how I learnt of it, but I think the judge has since banned mention of it.

Long time lurker, first time poster - hello everyone :newhere:

<respectfully snipped>

I also hope I can add something constructive to our discussion - I'm 100% certain the brown item at the hem of the t-shirt is actually a label. My partner has a couple of t-shirts with similar labels. I've been scouring the interwebs for a photo - I've found a couple which will hopefully demonstrate what I mean:

http://www.converse.com.au/m10273-white
http://www.rebelsport.co.nz/Clothin...80/Mens-Puma-Fundamental-Graphic-T-shirt.html

Welcome theblackwatch. :welcome: My sentiments exactly about the brown label on the t-shirt. Good pick-up. My husband also has t-shirts with similar labels in places where you'd not expect them.

I've been watching the CCTV footage, frame by frame. Just a couple of observations on this:

Jill Meagher CCTV Footage - YouTube

-- At 0.01, a couple walks from left to right past the store window.

-- At 0.02, AB walks rapidly from right to left past the store window, passing the couple.

-- At 0.57 he appears again, walking rapidly back the way he came from left to right, passing the guy in red (Daniel Gregson) who is walking from right to left.

- A second passerby glances behind, over his shoulder before he passes the bridal store doorway. He walks a few more paces, then looks back again over his other shoulder, but turns around more this time. Something has definitely caught his attention back there - maybe AB and Jill?

- A third passerby (with the black computer? bag walks past the shop.

- At 1.47 (actual time by the footage clock:1.42 am and 20 seconds) Jill appears in company with AB. He is in very close proximity to her. AB's body language seems to be urging Jill to move forward, but she seems somewhat hesitant and they pause.

-- Jill then steps back several feet from AB - almost out of shot. Then she quickly resumes walking forward at what appears to be AB's urging - his hand is in an odd position, you can see it at 1.55, as they pass in between the window dummies. Like his hand was pressing her forward, but I think she was too far from him for that? He might be holding something.

-- Then as they pass the dummy in the fishtail dress, Jill seems to pause (and almost looks directly at the store camera) and then turns completely around to look behind her (1.57, she is turned all the way around), once more putting distance between herself and AB. His attention is fixed on her this whole time, and at 1.57 his hand is again in that funny 'outstretched' position.

- From 1.58 - 1.59 AB keeps moving, Jill halts. I am sure I can see AB holding something in his hand. It seems to move -with- his hand, and changes angles as if it's solid and turning as he moves his wrist. And I see Jill holding something too, with both hands. Possibly her phone?

-- AB then walks backwards, facing Jill. Jill is still holding something in both hands. AB is visible in the small space of clear window at the far left.

-- at 2.01 the object Jill is holding seems to emit a brief reddish light.

-- At 2.03, AB vanishes from the frame, then I see a sort of 'flash' off the item she is holding -- just a reflection, or did Jill take a picture of AB with her phone maybe??

-- Jill stands quite still for a full 10 seconds (2.03 - 2.13) while AB is visible in clear profile through that little space of clear window to the left, stepping back and forth from Jill at a few feet distance. It seems he is talking to her.

-- At 2.06 AB appears to point to his own face.

-- From 2.11-2.12 AB can be seen quite clearly, almost leaning toward Jill as if saying something emphatic to her. She stays quite still.

-- Then between 2.12-2.13 AB abruptly vanishes from the frame. Jill does not move until 2.18.

-- At 2.19 Jill once more turns to look behind herself and starts walking forward at the same time.

-- Jill appears to walk out of frame, too. But she doesn't - her legs and shoes are visible through a little gap in the window display. She walks forward, but at 2.25 rapidly halts and steps back, and halts again.

There, the footage ends.

And sometimes they attend to see who else does, as well as to pay respects. Not implying anything but isn't it pretty common in this sort of investigation?
No doubt though they would attend to pay respects, and give themselves some closure.

Yes that happens too but they have said they are not looking for other people, and they wouldn't attend a private funeral for friends and family only - if they were interested in anyone there they could have got a list. They were there to pay their respects. I noticed in the photos a couple of non ABC media people too that must have been invited.

just reading back on an article i found: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...re-killings-20120928-26qql.html#ixzz27nvxaLDA

this is the one where they talk about Crew four (The dogs) moving in on investigation on Sunday and serveillance on AB. "Surveillance police observed him behave as if an average guy from the suburbs, heading to work and following his normal routine

To clear that up, The Dogs were called in on Sunday because they realized that this was a missing person case. Initially they thought Jill may have gone to a friends place to sleep after going out and having a few drinks.

The way I have read it, they had there named man as soon as they viewed cctv. Was this on sat/sun.

They viewed that footage for the first time on Monday

As they observed him heading to work/following his normal routine.

he was named internally on the Wednesday and started being watched.

that sounds like thats a few days, to claim a "routine" was folllowed, before the arrest was made on WEdnesday.

The arrest was made on Thursday. the footage was released Wednesday. I have a daily routine, a morning routine, a night routine - routines don't have to be a long time.

Hence why they knew JM wasnt alive as they were following him from the moment they watched the cctv.

They had assumed before the footage was released that Jill had been murdered. BUT there was a slim chance she was alive, that is why they put so much thought in to releasing the footage.

not sure whether this was discussed, but i just found it interesting they had there man within a day or so.

BBM - just split up the post to explain different parts :)

oh hang on a minute according to this: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-of-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226483766187
it states on Saturdy 2am AB's neighbour saw 2 cop cars puill up. Again cant remember if this was discussed in thread. So "sounds" like someone (JM or her brother) had alerted police in someway immediately. so either Jill did manage to dial 000 (phone line may have just been left open) or her brother alerted police once he couldnt get hold of her. Sounds like alot of information was kept secret re: calls made) right from the very beginning of disappearance, to not jeopardise the right moment for police to make there arrest.

The neighbour saw two cars pull up, not police cars.

No calls were made to police about Jill missing until Saturday afternoon.

I reckon there's more twists and turns in this case than a downhill ski run. Probably why it's kept the public interest, sadly for 14 days now.

Snipped: What turns and twists do you see? I think arresting a guy within a week is huge, everything seemed to go to plan for LE.

Saturday: Jill reported missing - searches start

Sunday: More searches, Homicide group called in

Monday: CCTV footage collected and handbag found

Tuesday: Investigation still going

Wednesday: Footage released to public, AB identified internally, surveillance starts

Thursday: Arrest and late night press conference and early morning court room laying charges (Friday am)

That all went pretty quickly and kind of straight forward, sort of a dream investigation (naturally not the outcome)

Totally agree, very well written piece by Patrick Carlyon.

I was disappointed with the media reporting before the funeral but I have yet to see one piece written or film or photo that has made me cringe or be embarrassed, they did very very well.

I saw two girls here walking in "crazy" shoes and thought of Jill - from this day they will be called "crazy shoes" lol

Katy

The name of the street and photos were printed in previous threads (photos were from google earth or similar :)

Cause of death not released yet.

:wagon:

The name of the street and photos were printed in previous threads (photos were from google earth or similar :)

Cause of death not released yet.

:wagon:

I wonder if now after the funeral we may get more snippits of info.

Or we'll have to wait till the trial to see if Jill's murder was 'unintentional' or 'deliberate'.

I have patience as long as justice for Jill is done. :please:

:banghead::jail:

I've been watching the CCTV footage, frame by frame. Just a couple of observations on this:

Jill Meagher CCTV Footage - YouTube
<respectfully snipped> ... There, the footage ends.

Hi Ausgirl. Thanks for this detail on the CCTV video. I agree that is what I observed also. At 2.12-2.13 AB is not visible to the camera again. He may have moved further into the dark. He stood with his back to the wall out of the light ; he did not want to be seen. Most shops were in darkness. Jill seemed reluctant/resistant/worried by this man. At 2.19 I observe Jill's footsteps as reluctant. Maybe there was no choice, if he had a weapon. IMO.

I wonder if now after the funeral we may get more snippits of info.

Or we'll have to wait till the trial to see if Jill's murder was 'unintentional' or 'deliberate'.

I have patience as long as justice for Jill is done. :please:

:banghead::jail:

Trial time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics