Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he is smart enough to have disassembled the firearm and dispose of the parts in different places.
Who knows who he had met at the boat ramps, he might have met with someone at the boat ramp to dispose of the other items. The barrel dumping was strange to me, it's like who ever was discarding it, was disturbed in the process, and they just left in a hurry.

Who knows who he had met at the boat ramps, he might have met with someone at the boat ramp to dispose of the other items. The barrel dumping was strange to me, it's like who ever was discarding it, was disturbed in the process, and they just left in a hurry.

IIRC it was mentioned (in the first thread we had, which is now taken down) that there was a witness(es) to the dumping of the barrel.

I'm not sure if anyone else remembers that. I am not finding a link at the moment.

I've been really trying to come up with a why. Accidental is what automatically comes to mind, but LE has quite clearly stated that's not the case. <modsnip: sub judice>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I think the age of 9 years old is significant, as well as the situation.

The following factors may have increased CM's chances of being a victim of this type. Especially considering that CM was going to be returned to her grandparents, where a perp may lose control of CM's narrative.

While there is risk for children of all ages, children are most vulnerable to abuse between the ages of seven and 13.
The median age for reported abuse is nine years old.
Children who live with a single parent that has a live-in partner are at the highest risk: they are 20 times more likely to be victims of child sexual abuse than children living with both biological parents.
The risk for sexual abuse is tripled for children whose parent(s) are not in the labor force.

https://www.d2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/all_statistics_20150619.pdf

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> found these nuggets of info on Paternal Filicide,:-

"Male filicides are mainly motivated by marital separation or fatal physical abuse(ill treatments causing death). "(April 2019 Revue Européenne de Psychologie Appliquée 69(2)DOI:10.1016/j.erap.2019.03.002)

"At the time of the offence, the most frequent diagnoses were mood disorders. Eight subjects had personality disorders, one-half of which were borderline personality disorders. Four men had psychotic symptoms at the time of the offence. Six of the 10 men also killed or attempted to kill their spouses."(Journal of Psychology Suzanne Léveillée 1, Carolanne Vignola-Lévesque 1)

So as the Daily Mail reported "His lawyer asked the court for a 12 week adjournment to seek a mental health assessment, noting he's been on 'long term medication' that treats bipolar and psychosis." This could have been a psychotic episode brought on by stress, drugs any number of things.

The billion dollar question remains why was CM with JS???

Here is a pic of JS Snr, holding a cartridge that was found during a neighbourhood dispute back in 2014, at Wildenstein. I wondered if most of the property owners had guns, as the neighbour was able to argue against JS Snr's request for an AVO, to be allowed to use his gun, to control vermin, and he also used it to kill/scare birds away from his fruit trees. I believe that a "small calibre firearm" uses cartridges similar to the one in this pic.

I wonder if the Wildenstein property also had a gun, for similar reasons. Perhaps to control rabbits, foxes, etc. I wonder how secure it may have been stored?

upload_2022-2-1_9-35-1.png
JS Snr with shotgun pellets he found in his Mt Wilson backyard.

Gun owner ruffles feathers at Mt Wilson

Children who live with a single parent that has a live-in partner are at the highest risk: they are 20 times more likely to be victims of child sexual abuse than children living with both biological parents.
Snipped by me.

What makes me somewhat doubtful of SA in this case is the fact that CM didn't and hasn't lived with them, other than this holiday, as far as I'm aware. So do the statistics still apply here?

Snipped by me.

What makes me somewhat doubtful of SA in this case is the fact that CM didn't and hasn't lived with them, other than this holiday, as far as I'm aware. So do the statistics still apply here?

I think it is possible, as CM was spending at least a couple of weeks 'living' with them.

Most people find it disturbing that he was spending (at least) the whole night alone with CM. And didn't have a long history of knowing or safely caring for her.
As CM was going back to her grandparents, this could have affected his (alleged) fatal decision. Not much chance of keeping her quiet, when CM was back with her grandparents.

We may very well never know, as I think CM may be protected in death as she was in life (by others). But her autopsy would likely have revealed if anything like this was amiss.

The accused fronts court in March and I don't think we the public will hear much until then.

Because a child is involved I also don't think we will get many specific details about this case and it may be "negotiated" between the prosecution and the defence as to what charges the accused faces and how many different charges he could face IMO.

I am still wondering if Police have any other POI's? The photos of the Red Colarado with the Blue Barrel in the back and the boat being towed do not really show if there is a passenger in the vehicle and like the Russell Hill and Carol Clay case, I am wondering if Police are being selective with what photographic evidence they have and what they actually release to the public?

Hi @Detective Willy, my "assumption", based on many visits to Bunnings & servos, they're CCTV central; the police have to have more "photographic evidence" than what's been released so far. (imo), whatever has been released thus far has been tactical.
This is horrible to think about, but, after the sand was purchased, when/where was it transferred into the barrel?

Yes, they must have a lot more CCTV. I was looking at the route he likely took also.

Then I looked to see if there was CCTV at Windsor Bridge. Apparently, there are two 'new' CCTV cameras at George St & Wilberforce Road intersections. These roads lead to and from Windsor Bridge, from what I can see on Google maps.
I think he would have used this bridge to get from Windsor to Colo River.

Not sure if there is CCTV at the Richmond Bridge, which I think is probably the bridge he used on the way to Marsden (Bunnings and BP truckstop).

"Our work to improve safety in the area has included installing an additional two closed-circuit television cameras (CCTV) at the Wilberforce Road and George Street intersections. These cameras were installed at both intersections to monitor traffic only"
https://roads-waterways.transport.n.../windsor-bridge-community-update-apr-2021.pdf (pg 2)
There is also CCTV cameras at the Windsor bridge owned by a long term protest group. I saw they have had their footage requested. Not the first time as their footage came in handy for a few incidents over the time they were set up.
Im sure lots of places have the images from all areas on CCTV but having seen the results of many CCTV images of possible crimes I would say they have probably selected the best and clearest ones for the purpose of the media (and perhaps have shown a bit of discretion in what they post too). Some images I see, I wonder why people spent any money on a camera at all.

Here is a pic of JS Snr, holding a cartridge that was found during a neighbourhood dispute back in 2014, at Wildenstein. I wondered if most of the property owners had guns, as the neighbour was able to argue against JS Snr's request for an AVO, to be allowed to use his gun, to control vermin, and he also used it to kill/scare birds away from his fruit trees. I believe that a "small calibre firearm" uses cartridges similar to the one in this pic.

I wonder if the Wildenstein property also had a gun, for similar reasons. Perhaps to control rabbits, foxes, etc. I wonder how secure it may have been stored?

View attachment 332103
JS Snr with shotgun pellets he found in his Mt Wilson backyard.

Gun owner ruffles feathers at Mt Wilson
That's a spent shot gun casing in that pic, you can hear shot guns from miles away, similar to large fire works. AFAIK shot guns are measured and referred to in 'gauge' as in a 12 gauge shot gun.

This is a .22 cal bullet, they are usually described as a small caliber rifle and a very common size in Australia. It's quite possible that the alleged gun was registered by someone at wildstein and stored there.

upload_2022-2-1_11-50-27.png

Last edited:
Totally agree Peppery, found these nuggets of info on Paternal Filicide,:-

"Male filicides are mainly motivated by marital separation or fatal physical abuse(ill treatments causing death). "(April 2019 Revue Européenne de Psychologie Appliquée 69(2)DOI:10.1016/j.erap.2019.03.002)

"At the time of the offence, the most frequent diagnoses were mood disorders. Eight subjects had personality disorders, one-half of which were borderline personality disorders. Four men had psychotic symptoms at the time of the offence. Six of the 10 men also killed or attempted to kill their spouses."(Journal of Psychology Suzanne Léveillée 1, Carolanne Vignola-Lévesque 1)

So as the Daily Mail reported "His lawyer asked the court for a 12 week adjournment to seek a mental health assessment, noting he's been on 'long term medication' that treats bipolar and psychosis." This could have been a psychotic episode brought on by stress, drugs any number of things.

The billion dollar question remains why was CM with JS???
Do some research on the private secondary school that JS went too, has some very bad press for all the wrongs reasons.

I think it is possible, as CM was spending at least a couple of weeks 'living' with them.

Most people find it disturbing that he was spending (at least) the whole night alone with CM. And didn't have a long history of knowing or safely caring for her.
As CM was going back to her grandparents, this could have affected his (alleged) fatal decision. Not much chance of keeping her quiet, when CM was back with her grandparents.

We may very well never know, as I think CM may be protected in death as she was in life (by others). But her autopsy would likely have revealed if anything like this was amiss.
We don't really know the condition of CM after being in the barrel for those tests to be possible, or maybe LE don't want to disclose it for reasons you said and possibly others.

There is also CCTV cameras at the Windsor bridge owned by a long term protest group. I saw they have had their footage requested. Not the first time as their footage came in handy for a few incidents over the time they were set up.
Im sure lots of places have the images from all areas on CCTV but having seen the results of many CCTV images of possible crimes I would say they have probably selected the best and clearest ones for the purpose of the media (and perhaps have shown a bit of discretion in what they post too). Some images I see, I wonder why people spent any money on a camera at all.
NSW has point to point camera's on the road for truck driving rest times and speeding enforcement, I'm not familar with the Blue Mountains region, but I'm pretty certain that if JS had used any trucking route, that some recording of CCTV would have been available to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member