Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
God forbid, I was caught up in something like this, I would not be speaking publicly or to the media unless I was directed by the police to do so.

I imagine that the mum has been directed by the police to not speak with the media. As she is a witness in this crime. And sub judice needs to be maintained, at the moment.

DS Doherty said quite clearly that she is being treated as a witness. He also mentioned sub judice and the courts at least a couple of times in his presser.

Last edited:
KM is a valuable key witness at this stage, the police will ensure she’s in suitable and safe accommodation. She wouldn’t be able to give interviews even if she wanted to. A written statement by KM or her mother could have been read by a friend or family member but for whatever reason, they chose not to.
As DS Doherty expressed so eloquently, CM doesn’t have a voice and they, the police, have made it their mission to get justice for her! The police don’t have time to be judging parenting styles or the caregiver’s choice of partner and friends, it’s not their job. A crime has been committed against a child and they investigate.
CM’s care arrangements will probably come under scrutiny by DOCS, and if the trip was approved and by who etc.
JMO

It didn't have much to do with DOCS, no court intervention by DOCS to give up CM, it was a relinquished guardianship by KM into her mother's care on her own accord years ago. I bet KM's mother had no idea that KM was silly enough to leave a child in the care of JS. The picture painted to KM's mother's of JS and KM, would have been a whole different picture also. You have a son from a prominent and respectable wealthy family finally getting his act together, marring your daughter that's been proven to be drug free a few months prior by one of the most prestigious drug clinics in Australia, meanwhile behind the scenes something much darker took place.

So there's a high likelihood that JS going to Penrith Police Station was related to his mandatory parole requirements.

I've heard that a lot of it was done over the phone because of covid, no idea about JS's parole but in general.

Why wouldn't KM be in Qld? Nothing stopping that as far as I can see.

DS Doherty did not say she was in accommodation in NSW.

I have no strong thoughts on where she might be (because it really doesn't matter, in the big picture). But I cannot exclude her staying with her parents, who obviously care enough to try to reunite daughter and granddaughter.

During Covid the borders where shut and CM and mum were seperated for several years.

During Covid the borders where shut and CM and mum were seperated for several years.

Yes. Though we are speaking of KM's current accommodation.
Which really could be anywhere (other than WA) ... anywhere that family or friends are willing to help.

DS Doherty did mention in the presser that CM's family were being well supported by family and friends. Does that include KM? Who knows.

Somehow I don't imagine that she is staying somewhere where the media can get to her.

Last edited:
In every child’s disappearance, the primary caregivers are under scrutiny within the first 48 hours, ‘Why did it take so long to ring 000?’ ‘Why haven’t they made a public appeal’?
If they do make an appeal it’s, ‘Why don’t they use the child’s name?’ ‘They don’t look upset enough.’ ‘Why is there a family spokesperson?’

This took a different turn because CM was not with her Gm but on a visit to her mum.
CM has been found and the alleged killer is charged, if he’d been successful in concealing the whereabouts of CM, we’d be locked into those questions about timing, why no appeal, CM would still be missing and the search continuing.

Why is the 48 hour period now not important, because CM is no longer missing?
Did the Gm and KM already fear the worst? Was CM presumed alive and missing or did they KNOW she was dead? IMO, they must have suspected or the Gm, the primary carer, would have made a public appeal.
JS excuses might have fooled KM but I doubt it fooled the Gm. There’s something about him that spells danger. Did he reveal he carried a gun?
After following many cases of disappearances of children and adults, it’s distressing to watch how it unfolds and the public’s response to it, I’m including myself, judgments are going to be made, rightly or wrongly. So my question remains, why no public appeal?
JMO

So there's a high likelihood that JS going to Penrith Police Station was related to his mandatory parole requirements.

Generally community corrections handles anyone on parole in office spaces separate to the police stations. If JS main residence was Leichhardt he would probably be assigned a corrections officer local to Leichhardt as it’s a 45 min trip to Penrith.

If a person is on Bail currently waiting court proceedings they can sometimes be asked to report to a designated police station X number of times a week. Usually the closest to their residential address.

My gf who is rearing her two grandchildren from when they were babies said to me, ‘Can you ever imagine me allowing my children to stay with their drug addicted mother and her boyfriend, let alone in another state? OVER MY DEAD BODY!’

Something/someone else hoodwinked grandma to believe CM was going to be in good safe hands. Imo.

Who was his alibi? Real or not.

CM’s mother believed what her fiance told her about the whereabouts of her daughter before she suspected something was wrong.

KM reportedly gave a statement to detectives last week saying she spoke with JS on January 13 -
KM said JS explained why CM was not on the 31-year-old's family's sprawling Mt Wilson property after she left her in his care only days earlier while she was staying at a caravan park 80 kilometres away.
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/crime/km makes-statement-to-nsw-police-about-the-hours-leading-up-to-c’s disappearance-in-blue-mountains/news-story/26eca9f925cdf791ef32f34864c1124a

or did they KNOW she was dead? IMO, they must have suspected
I also think Police had a high suspicion, or knew from the beginning...... The very first media report had "homicide" involved....... That was one of the reasons I decided to start a thread for CM.... never expecting such a shocking result though...

Nowdays, detectives most likely do form part of any initial missing child Police Team, but not necessarily the "homicide squad" .....and the media were quick to point it out .... for a reason ... imo

Possibly, had KM not been unwell, admitted to Katoomba/BM Hosp, under Medical supervision, etc., who knows - an appeal may have eventuated.
I keep thinking of the expression on her face, the medic leaning towards her & the policeman standing behind - that expression says a lot (imo).

CM is reported on the Friday @ 08:30 & hours later, the same day, the UTE is seized.

Within hours, they had 200 D's working on the case.

(imo) The police ran a very tight ship, (I base this on two things) 1. when the search was progressing, the press were told: "LEAVE NOW!!", & 2. 19th Jan, 2022, 7NEWS Police Press conf #1. @ 18:56, Deputy Commissioner Dave Hudson, said, "... & as I said, I think the 'responsible' way in which it's been reported by the media has assisted us as well."

Certainly the police made appeals.
The mother was unable to.
Can any one picture the alleged killer making an appeal? I know there's cases where it's happened, but..... *in this case*... ??
It's unbearable to think of what CM's grandmother & grandfather were going through & perhaps the police guidance to the family GM, GD etc., was, "don't speak"; at the end of the day, we don't know & may never know.

Every photo of CM, eyes shining full of light, life & innocence.

I'm shocked & beyond saddened that someone decided to take her away from all who loved her.

I think about her little school friends, who woke up one day & life smacked them in the face with a harsh, ugly reality; those children were changed on that day.

The alleged murderer has a lot to be responsible for.

i wonder if as penpals they exchanged photos of their children, and how soon did js get to meet cm?
JS's mother A released a statement after her son's arrest revealing she didn't approve of the whirlwind relationship between her son and C's mother.

Social media posts show the pair enjoyed a rapid romance, announcing they were engaged just three weeks after meeting face-to-face.
C M's mum HAS now been interviewed by police who say girl killed with 'small rifle' | Daily Mail Online

The linked article was an interesting read in many ways. Thanks for the link.

The friend of the accused is reported as adamant in his denials that the accused had ever shown any tendencies to violence. He states that the accused knew how to fuel and drive a boat, which, along with investigators' pleas to the public to come forward with information about the accused's car and boat during the time in question, leads to conjecture as to the possibility someone else was driving the vehicle, towing the boat and failing repeatedly to launch the boat. Everything's still on the table at the moment, so I don't discount the above witness' claims, regardless of his lifestyle and the photos of his residence. On the other hand, the witness could have numerous reasons for backing the accused

The above witness is reported as stating the accused was 'relaxed' during his stay with the witness, which is at odds with the chaotic attempts to dispose of the victim's remains only hours/days earlier. If the accused had spent several hours being interrogated prior to staying with the witness, it's strange the witness would describe the accused as 'relaxed' and as spending his time 'eating and sleeping'. I would have been at my wit's end if I were the accused, given the circumstances. Of course, substances may have assisted in the relaxed state of the accused. And I don't know if he stayed with the witness after being investigated by authorities. The witness states the accused made no attempt to resist the police when they came for him and simply asked that his mother be informed so she would engage a solicitor for him

It was interesting to read that the witness stated he'd met the victim's mother on more than one occasion, also that he described her as suffering MH problems and said he 'had personally observed her losing her composure' without revealing when, where, why

My gf who is rearing her two grandchildren from when they were babies said to me, ‘Can you ever imagine me allowing my children to stay with their drug addicted mother and her boyfriend, let alone in another state? OVER MY DEAD BODY!’

Something/someone else hoodwinked grandma to believe CM was going to be in good safe hands. Imo.

I can certainly understand your friend's comment

It's been reported that the gm found it necessary to distract herself from anxiety about CM mere days after the victim left her care

As to the friend J in Surry saying that someone else was driving the vehicle, I'd think that the police know who was driving. There is plenty of CCTV footage, even when the ute was stopped in that one video we saw. We couldn't see because the image of the driver was blurred out, but they have that info, even if they had to enhance somewhat.

As to the friend J in Surry saying that someone else was driving the vehicle, I'd think that the police know who was driving. There is plenty of CCTV footage, even when the ute was stopped in that one video we saw. We couldn't see because the image of the driver was blurred out, but they have that info, even if they had to enhance somewhat.

I'll have to remain on the fence until further information comes to light from official sources, which is likely to be some time away

No doubt about it! It was reported the Gm was hesitant to send CM (I wish she had followed her gut instinct), but I imagine the stories she was told…. Beautiful property, rich family, being clean from drugs, we’re engaged. KM could have made it sound so good and safe. Maybe a little guilt in there, I haven’t seen My daughter in so long. Etc. who knows but I reckon there’s a good chance this is the story the gm was told prior.

Yes and there would be clear CCTV of him at Bunnings and the servo, fuelling and paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper