Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally community corrections handles anyone on parole in office spaces separate to the police stations. If JS main residence was Leichhardt he would probably be assigned a corrections officer local to Leichhardt as it’s a 45 min trip to Penrith.

If a person is on Bail currently waiting court proceedings they can sometimes be asked to report to a designated police station X number of times a week. Usually the closest to their residential address.

So if he was living at Wildenstein, Penrith would be the closest major station to report - would this be the case?

Possibly, had KM not been unwell, admitted to Katoomba/BM Hosp, under Medical supervision, etc., who knows - an appeal may have eventuated.
I keep thinking of the expression on her face, the medic leaning towards her & the policeman standing behind - that expression says a lot (imo).

CM is reported on the Friday @ 08:30 & hours later, the same day, the UTE is seized.

Within hours, they had 200 D's working on the case.

(imo) The police ran a very tight ship, (I base this on two things) 1. when the search was progressing, the press were told: "LEAVE NOW!!", & 2. 19th Jan, 2022, 7NEWS Police Press conf #1. @ 18:56, Deputy Commissioner Dave Hudson, said, "... & as I said, I think the 'responsible' way in which it's been reported by the media has assisted us as well."

Certainly the police made appeals.
The mother was unable to.
Can any one picture the alleged killer making an appeal? I know there's cases where it's happened, but..... *in this case*... ??
It's unbearable to think of what CM's grandmother & grandfather were going through & perhaps the police guidance to the family GM, GD etc., was, "don't speak"; at the end of the day, we don't know & may never know.

Every photo of CM, eyes shining full of light, life & innocence.

I'm shocked & beyond saddened that someone decided to take her away from all who loved her.

I think about her little school friends, who woke up one day & life smacked them in the face with a harsh, ugly reality; those children were changed on that day.

The alleged murderer has a lot to be responsible for.
I’ve struggled looking at photos of CM at times. Such a beautiful, sweet, innocent face. To think that she was down there for 2 or 3 weeks and in that minuscule timeline of her life, decisions and bad judgements were made that took her away so quickly. It’s still hard to come to terms with it. If SA is the reason behind the murder then it’s even worse, I almost don’t want to know. As a mum to a 9 year old who lives not far from where CM lived, it fills me with really intense uncomfortable feelings. What that poor family will live with, I can only imagine. Glad to hear they have amazing support.

Who was his alibi? Real or not.

CM’s mother believed what her fiance told her about the whereabouts of her daughter before she suspected something was wrong.

KM reportedly gave a statement to detectives last week saying she spoke with JS on January 13 -
KM said JS explained why CM was not on the 31-year-old's family's sprawling Mt Wilson property after she left her in his care only days earlier while she was staying at a caravan park 80 kilometres away.
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/crime/km makes-statement-to-nsw-police-about-the-hours-leading-up-to-c’s disappearance-in-blue-mountains/news-story/26eca9f925cdf791ef32f34864c1124a
I feel like I keep reading the articles hoping they won’t end in CM dying. I know it’s silly but I just wish to God the story had a different ending.

Why would they be asking if anyone has spotted his vehicle? LE claimed that they have a GPS log of his travels, they would know every stop and turn that he's done, I suspect other people are involved.
The GPS data is one source of info, but they may need visual evidence of where he was, ensure he was driving and also what load he was carrying to solidify their case. Jmo.

So if he was living at Wildenstein, Penrith would be the closest major station to report - would this be the case?

No, I believe Mt Wilson falls under Blue Mountains LAC. The closest police stations would be Mt Victoria and Katoomba. Reporting is basically just having a police officer sight you, mark off on a list that you are still present in the area and not evading the law. In and out in a couple minutes. It can be done at any station, but from memory must be the station assigned to you.

This case is so sad. My heart breaks with every new piece of info that gets released. Who could shoot that beautiful little girl and put her in a barrel? Such a violent death.

So much about this case doesn't make sense. Why on earth was CM with JS alone - and why was KM staying somewhere 80km(!) away and not at the venue? Apparently CS lived at the venue in a shack.

Did KM and JS have a fight and KM went to stay somewhere else? If so, why was CM not with her mother (apparently CM was at the caravan park for some time before she was with JS.)

I have a couple of theories. One is that JS was jealous of CM and wanted her out of their lives because he was engaged to KS and she's pregnant.

Another theory is that he's involved with some horrible people who did something to CM as punishment or revenge on JS for something. It could explain why KM was staying so far away - for her safety? As mentioned, CM was staying out there with her - perhaps for her safety too.

CM's death was so brutal. It almost sounds like a gangland-style murder. And how you fit a 9 year old in a barrel I don't even want to know. Poor girl, her last moments must have been horrifying.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GPS data is one source of info, but they may need visual evidence of where he was, ensure he was driving and also what load he was carrying to solidify their case. Jmo.
How would they have arrested him and charged him without clear evidence that he was operating a vehicle with the barrel in the back? It would have been impossible.

I’m confused about what KM is witness too? Apparently she wasn’t there, so what does she know? All she can know is the time JS and CM left, any times she may have had phone contact, what time she got to the property and what she did there. Phone contact can be confirmed, but not what was said, unless texted. Was KM alone when they left for the property? Any other witnesses to that? How did she get to the property Friday morning? Any witnesses to that? Not really a solid witness, as she never really witnessed anything. Moo.

I’m confused about what KM is witness too? Apparently she wasn’t there, so what does she know? All she can know is the time JS and CM left, any times she may have had phone contact, what time she got to the property and what she did there. Phone contact can be confirmed, but not what was said, unless texted. Was KM alone when they left for the property? Any other witnesses to that? How did she get to the property Friday morning? Any witnesses to that? Not really a solid witness, as she never really witnessed anything. Moo.

She is a witness for all of the reasons you stated. imo

She knows when she last saw CM.
She knows when she last spoke with CM.
She knows who she last saw CM with.
She knows why CM was alone with JS.
Probably knows lots of other relevant things also.

These things are important when establishing the alleged guilt of JS.

LE might be playing KM up against JS, it's a very serious crime and there's long jail terms involved. It's been common for a witness to turn into a suspect later on, too.

Yes, thank you! Was she protecting herself? Was she protecting CM?

I’m sure she knows a lot, but in a situation like this how much truth would you expect from KM and JS. We already know there is conflicting info, so hopefully LE can work out what’s true and what’s CYA. I guess because we have only heard KM is a witness, not cleared of anything, that I wonder these things. Moo

I’ve struggled looking at photos of CM at times. Such a beautiful, sweet, innocent face. To think that she was down there for 2 or 3 weeks and in that minuscule timeline of her life, decisions and bad judgements were made that took her away so quickly. It’s still hard to come to terms with it. If SA is the reason behind the murder then it’s even worse, I almost don’t want to know. As a mum to a 9 year old who lives not far from where CM lived, it fills me with really intense uncomfortable feelings. What that poor family will live with, I can only imagine. Glad to hear they have amazing support.
What or who is SA please..

KM is a valuable key witness at this stage, the police will ensure she’s in suitable and safe accommodation. She wouldn’t be able to give interviews even if she wanted to. A written statement by KM or her mother could have been read by a friend or family member but for whatever reason, they chose not to.
As DS Doherty expressed so eloquently, CM doesn’t have a voice and they, the police, have made it their mission to get justice for her! The police don’t have time to be judging parenting styles or the caregiver’s choice of partner and friends, it’s not their job. A crime has been committed against a child and they investigate.
CM’s care arrangements will probably come under scrutiny by DOCS, and if the trip was approved and by who etc.
JMO

I don’t think we know the arrangements surrounding the grandparent’s care of CM, whether is sanctioned by DOCs or is a family situation that continued on. She may have been cared for by her GM way before KM went to jail ..

I wonder who was paying for the $20,000 per month clinic fees for KM? JS?
And why did JS go and stay with this Jason guy instead of going back to the caravan park to stay with KM? CM was still missing at that point , no? Or was KM already in hospital.

KM was in hospital. She collapsed or whatever on the Friday as police were speaking with her about her missing daughter

Reactions: Zim
The linked article was an interesting read in many ways. Thanks for the link.

The friend of the accused is reported as adamant in his denials that the accused had ever shown any tendencies to violence. He states that the accused knew how to fuel and drive a boat, which, along with investigators' pleas to the public to come forward with information about the accused's car and boat during the time in question, leads to conjecture as to the possibility someone else was driving the vehicle, towing the boat and failing repeatedly to launch the boat. Everything's still on the table at the moment, so I don't discount the above witness' claims, regardless of his lifestyle and the photos of his residence. On the other hand, the witness could have numerous reasons for backing the accused

The above witness is reported as stating the accused was 'relaxed' during his stay with the witness, which is at odds with the chaotic attempts to dispose of the victim's remains only hours/days earlier. If the accused had spent several hours being interrogated prior to staying with the witness, it's strange the witness would describe the accused as 'relaxed' and as spending his time 'eating and sleeping'. I would have been at my wit's end if I were the accused, given the circumstances. Of course, substances may have assisted in the relaxed state of the accused. And I don't know if he stayed with the witness after being investigated by authorities. The witness states the accused made no attempt to resist the police when they came for him and simply asked that his mother be informed so she would engage a solicitor for him

It was interesting to read that the witness stated he'd met the victim's mother on more than one occasion, also that he described her as suffering MH problems and said he 'had personally observed her losing her composure' without revealing when, where, why
Did JS give his friend a reason as to why he suddenly needed to stay with him in his "putrid" flat? Given that he usually lives by a luxury property?

I don’t think we know the arrangements surrounding the grandparent’s care of CM, whether is sanctioned by DOCs or is a family situation that continued on. She may have been cared for by her GM way before KM went to jail ..
-KM-was-living-in-caravan-in-leadup 21/01/22

The decision to let the Tweed Heads schoolgirl stay with her mother and soon-to-be stepfather two weeks ago was made by her grandmother in Coolangatta, who was given sole custody of CM in 2018 while former ice addict KM was in jail.

It is understood that there were no court orders to let the mother spend any time with her daughter but any visits were left up to her grandmother. The distressed grandmother could not be contacted on Thursday.

There were also no court orders for the little girl to spend time with her biological father, who lives in northern NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper