GUILTY Australia - J 32 y.o. Justin Stein, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. Charlise Mutten, Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for this reply and the clarification. It's all so sickening and is terrifying that he was unusually bleeding and what that possibly implies. Did anyone ever confirm whether or not JS did or didn't have 'the clap' or suchlike?

If she found his dating apps and messages then I guess she could have seen other stuff. I wish that had been introduced as fact into the court case.

From what I read, there wasn't any suggestion that Kallista was aware of the videos depicting child sexual abuse on Steins phone.
She found dating apps and messages that indicated he was cheating, including with one of Kallista's friends.
She subsequently stole Stein's car, and Stein reported the theft to police and then left a bunch a voice messages on Kallista's phone telling her that he had both guns and was coming to kill her. This was at three in the morning.
She later returned and they made up again and went to sleep.
All the while, Charlise was still missing and Kallista had not reported it to the police.

Perhaps I'm naïve, but I'm completely blown away at the every day ins and outs of the relationship between these two meth junkies. You couldn't make this stuff up.

This in todays news….. there are creeps everywhere…..

“The Oregon father who drugged his 12-year-old daughter’s friends at a sleepover has been sentenced to two years in prison — and claims he only put sedatives in the girls’ drinks because he wanted them to get a good night’s sleep.
Michael Meyden was sentenced on Monday after pleading guilty to putting drugs in fruit smoothies he then served the young girls who were staying at his Lake Oswego home in August 2023.”

Would be very interesting if Kallista has been given immunity for her evidence at Stein’s trial, and the jury find Stein not guilty. If Stein is found not guilty…. Who then is guilty?

IMHO

BBM
JMO but it looks that way, doesn't it. It's surely unimaginable that he'd get off the murder but if there isn't enough evidence and he does, he'll still be looking at other significant charges right? ie firearms and disposing of body etc? Enough to keep him in prison for a long while I would hope?

I wonder if Stein is found not guilty of murder, that an Inquest would then take place?

1718333620493.jpeg

JMO but it looks that way, doesn't it. It's surely unimaginable that he'd get off the murder but if there isn't enough evidence and he does, he'll still be looking at other significant charges right? ie firearms and disposing of body etc? Enough to keep him in prison for a long while I would hope?

Unfortunately not a long while.
Even though there would be a bunch of charges:
- Break and Enter/Theft of the weapon
- Child Sexual P0rnography found on his phone
- Misconduct With Regard to a Corpse

Neither of these crimes carry particularly long sentences
For example - In his state of New South Wales, "Misconduct With Regard to Corpses" carries a maximum penalty of 2 years.

Stein's partner Kallise was given a 6 month suspended sentence for her part in the Break & Enter and theft of the gun (ie a slap on the wrist with no time served, despite being fresh out of prison)

Last edited:
If Stein is found not guilty…. Who then is guilty?
Being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean someone else is guilty, it just means the jury found there was reasonable doubt. For example, in the Casey Anthony trial, nobody ever tried to prosecute anyone else after she was found not guilty.

I really hope that doesn't happen here. I would think that the long(ish) deliberation time is just an indicator of the seriousness of the case, and the meticulousness of the jury.

Being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean someone else is guilty, it just means the jury found there was reasonable doubt. For example, in the Casey Anthony trial, nobody ever tried to prosecute anyone else after she was found not guilty.

I really hope that doesn't happen here. I would think that the long(ish) deliberation time is just an indicator of the seriousness of the case, and the meticulousness of the jury.
Yes, being found not guilty could mean there wasn’t enough proof the he allegedly murdered little Charlise, just as Observe_dont_Absorb posted earlier.

IMHO

Last edited:
This in todays news….. there are creeps everywhere…..

“The Oregon father who drugged his 12-year-old daughter’s friends at a sleepover has been sentenced to two years in prison — and claims he only put sedatives in the girls’ drinks because he wanted them to get a good night’s sleep.
Michael Meyden was sentenced on Monday after pleading guilty to putting drugs in fruit smoothies he then served the young girls who were staying at his Lake Oswego home in August 2023.”

Another story came up today based in Australia. Thankfully he got caught before acting on his plans but was looking at sedating a friends 11 year old niece…makes me feel physically sick.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not a long while.
Even though there would be a bunch of charges:
- Break and Enter/Theft of the weapon
- Child Sexual P0rnography found on his phone
- Misconduct With Regard to a Corpse

Neither of these crimes carry particularly long sentences
For example - In his state of New South Wales, "Misconduct With Regard to Corpses" carries a maximum penalty of 2 years.

Stein's partner Kallise was given a 6 month suspended sentence for her part in the Break & Enter and theft of the gun (ie a slap on the wrist with no time served, despite being fresh out of prison)
It would seem that perhaps Kallista received a light sentence because she assisted Police with their enquires AND at this time she also signed a statement to agree to assist Police, which would perhaps include being their witness at Stein’s trial.

This 9news video has that info (unfortunately I can’t get the video from the 9news site, I think because it is back in 2022, I can only get it from Facebook.)

But here is the gist of the news video….

1718358214708.jpeg

IMHO

According to police the child was shot twice. Unless she shot herself, then someone is guilty.

If scum Stein is somehow found not guilty then the police have an unsolved murder back on their hands.
I thought exactly the same earlier today JBowie. I posted my thoughts on the idea that if Stein is found not guilty, then maybe this would mean an Inquest will be held.

IMHO

According to police the child was shot twice. Unless she shot herself, then someone is guilty.

If scum Stein is somehow found not guilty then the police have an unsolved murder back on their hands.
I wasn't suggesting no one is guilty. I was suggesting that it's possible for the guilty person to be found not guilty, in which case the police are not likely to treat it as an "unsolved murder," just an unsuccessful prosecution.

Murder trials that don't result in a conviction are not usually regarded as "unsolved murders," unless it's generally felt that the person tried for the crime was truly innocent. I can't think of a case in which the police have found an obvious suspect, compiled their evidence, taken it to trial, and then simply charged someone else when the first suspect was found not guilty and gone to trial all over again. Not unless/until there's compelling new evidence.

In other words, if Stein is found not guilty, I doubt the police are going to admit they arrested the wrong guy and press charges against Kallista. They'd have to negate a lot of the evidence that led them to charge Stein in the first place.

It would seem that perhaps Kallista received a light sentence because she assisted Police with their enquires AND at this time she also signed a statement to agree to assist Police, which would perhaps include being their witness at Stein’s trial.

This 9news video has that info (unfortunately I can’t get the video from the 9news site, I think because it is back in 2022, I can only get it from Facebook.)

But here is the gist of the news video….

View attachment 510243

IMHO
Agreed to give evidence? If someone's called as a witness she has to give evidence. There wouldn't be any deals requiring her to give false evidence.

I wasn't suggesting no one is guilty. I was suggesting that it's possible for the guilty person to be found not guilty, in which case the police are not likely to treat it as an "unsolved murder," just an unsuccessful prosecution.

Murder trials that don't result in a conviction are not usually regarded as "unsolved murders," unless it's generally felt that the person tried for the crime was truly innocent. I can't think of a case in which the police have found an obvious suspect, compiled their evidence, taken it to trial, and then simply charged someone else when the first suspect was found not guilty and gone to trial all over again. Not unless/until there's compelling new evidence.

In other words, if Stein is found not guilty, I doubt the police are going to admit they arrested the wrong guy and press charges against Kallista. They'd have to negate a lot of the evidence that led them to charge Stein in the first place.

It has to be so frustrating for the police when that happens. The hours, weeks, months that they have spent investigating. The horrible sights they have seen. The gut wrenching sorrow they feel - especially when the victim is a child. The evidence they have tried so hard to gather and meticulously store with a proper chain of custody.

It will be VERY depressing if he walks away from this, unscathed.

What happens in Australia, if the jury is split and cannot come to a decision?

There will be a re-trial, if that happens. If the prosecutors think it is worth trying again.

A jury which cannot reach agreement is known colloquially as a "hung jury". This happens, surprisingly, infrequently. In more than 97 per cent of cases, juries agree unanimously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back