GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stein's lawyer claims Kallista killed her own daughter for attention. Is she speaking of a fairy tale? Since when did Charlise, or Stein, reject Kallista?
Her 'reasoning' makes no sense. On the one hand she says Kallista would not have left her sick child at Wildenstein, and on the other hand she says Kallista killed her.

“My submission to you is the accumulation of the things happening in Kallista Mutten’s life that week … taking ice every day, being rejected by Justin Stein, being rejected by her daughter and knowing she was no longer able to go and live at Mount Wilson had a cumulative effect upon her,”
“In order, who knows, to gain attention, to win Justin Stein back, she killed her child.”

This article has a recap of the defence summary from today and mentions what Justin believes Kallista’s motive for killing her own daughter could have been:

Ms Davenport said Charlise's request to stay with the accused at Mount Wilson on January 11 was the "last straw" for the mother.

"There is clear evidence there…. that over that period of time she was feeling rejected by Justin and probably by Charlise," Ms Davenport said.

"That may have been the last straw."

Ms Davenport SC told jurors "Kallista Mutten was never going to win the mother-of-the-year awards" and accused her of killing the child to win back her partner's love.

"To gain attention… to win Justin Stein back, she killed her child," Ms Davenport said.

It also has some more detail about how Justin changed his story to fit after receiving the police brief of evidence before trial.

This article has a recap of the defence summary from today and mentions what Justin believes Kallista’s motive for killing her own daughter could have been:

Ms Davenport said Charlise's request to stay with the accused at Mount Wilson on January 11 was the "last straw" for the mother.

"There is clear evidence there…. that over that period of time she was feeling rejected by Justin and probably by Charlise," Ms Davenport said.

Ms Davenport SC told jurors "Kallista Mutten was never going to win the mother-of-the-year awards" and accused her of killing the child to win back her partner's love.

"To gain attention… to win Justin Stein back, she killed her child," Ms Davenport said.

It also has some more detail about how Justin changed his story to fit after receiving the police brief of evidence before trial.

IMO the defence argument put here is not what happened in this case and there's a lack of evidence to support it -but- there are very sick men and women who view their own children as nothing but pawns in their games. They do no see children as small human beings with human rights because they lack empathy. Sadly mothers can and do sacrifice or p imp their own daughters in all sorts of ways in order to get their own way and keep a man around them. This is a disturbing fact of life and I'm not saying it's what KM did, it appears she didn't, or LE would have had something on her by now.

Seems JS got his own mother convinced so he's trying same theory on his defence lawyer and the court.

IMO the defence argument put here is not what happened in this case and there's a lack of evidence to support it -but- there are very sick men and women who view their own children as nothing but pawns in their games. They do no see children as small human beings with human rights because they lack empathy. Sadly mothers can and do sacrifice or p imp their own daughters in all sorts of ways in order to get their own way and keep a man around them. This is a disturbing fact of life and I'm not saying it's what KM did, it appears she didn't, or LE would have had something on her by now.

Seems JS got his own mother convinced so he's trying same theory on his defence lawyer and the court.

But did you read what Davenport said?
1. Kallista would not have left her sick daughter at Wildenstein.
2. Kallista killed her daughter.

So, Kallista is a caring mother (although not mother of the year) because she would have attended her sick child.
But she is not a caring mother because she killed her child.

Makes no sense.

But did you read what Davenport said?
1. Kallista would not have left her sick daughter at Wildenstein.
2. Kallista killed her daughter.

So, Kallista is a caring mother (although not mother of the year) because she would have attended her sick child.
But she is not a caring mother because she killed her child.

Makes no sense.

No it makes no sense.

I often get the impression that when a lawyer has been informed conflicting garbage by a dishonest client, they come to the court and present the story with no doubt whatsoever the judge and jury can see straight through it.

I know it's important for lawyers to put forward the alternative scenarios claimed by their client in order that it cannot be said in the future that they failed to correctly represent and a mistrial or unfair trial is declared etc. How they keep their tempers and / or a straight face is really something to admire.

I often get the impression that when a lawyer has been informed conflicting garbage by a dishonest client, they come to the court and present the story with no doubt whatsoever the judge and jury can see straight through it.
Yep, and there's a recent well-publicized case in NY where that was on display daily.

And there are outright crooked lawyers (google Roy Cohn).

Charlise Mutten's accused killer changed story at every stage to 'cover his guilt' for her murder, court told

The alleged killer of Charlise Mutten changed his story at every turn to cover "his guilt in the murder" of the nine-year-old girl, a court has been told.

Justin Laurens Stein, 33, has pleaded not guilty in the NSW Supreme Court to the murder of Charlise in January 2022.

Mr Stein previously admitted to dumping the plastic barrel containing Charlise's body on the banks of the Colo River, but denies placing the body in the barrel.

The Crown allege Mr Stein shot Charlise twice with a stolen rifle while the two were alone at his family's property in Mount Wilson, between the evening of January 11 and the morning of January 12.

At the time, Charlise's mother was staying more than an hour's drive away, according to the Crown case.

In his closing submissions to the jury on Wednesday, Crown prosecutor Ken McKay SC said Mr Stein's claim that it was Kallista Mutten who killed her own daughter was "nonsense".

"The truth is that he killed Charlise," Mr McKay said.

On the defence case, Mr Stein said he heard Ms Mutten shoot Charlise twice while he was in the shed on the Mount Wilson property between 9 and 9:30pm on January 12.

Mr Stein initially told his mother "everything happened" in the early hours of January 13, during a phone call recorded while he was in custody.

Mr McKay accused the 33-year-old of "adjusting" the day and the timing of when he claimed to have witnessed the murder, to fit the police brief of evidence, which he received before the trial.

Mr McKay also questioned Mr Stein's claim that the girl's mother had managed to disappear with a 33.5-kilogram child, a rifle, pick up two firearm cartridges and dig a up section of dirt containing the girl's blood in complete darkness within a 10-minute period.

Mr McKay said Mr Stein sent text messages to Ms Mutten late on January 13 suggesting that Charlise may have been taken by ex-affiliates from his criminal past, while he was "pretending" to look for Charlise.

Its alleged Mr Stein later deleted Facebook messages he sent to Ms Mutten, that if she called police the girl could be killed by those ex-associates.

A story the prosecution said he made up "to give himself enough time to dump her body".

"He's looking for water ... boat ramps ... the Colo River ... that's what he's looking for."

Mr McKay also told jurors that when Mr Stein parked at Drummoyne boat ramp for three hours on the same night, he was "desperately" trying to contact Ms Mutten because he wanted to "manipulate" her into not calling the police.

"He's filled the barrel with sand … and he's tipped it down an embankment, which leads to the Colo River … the body was now gone.

"When he comes back to Mount Wilson [he tells Kallista] you can now call police."

Mr Stein claimed Charlise was not shot with a stolen .22 BSA rifle found buried in the Blue Mountains bushland with his fingerprints on it, but another different stolen rifle of the exact make, which had never been found.

In closing submission for Mr Stein's defence, barrister Carolyn Davenport SC described Kallista Mutten as an ice-addict and an attention seeker.

She told jurors the mother had previously written a note to her psychiatrist, describing how she becomes "psychotic" after being rejected by the ones she loves.

"There is clear evidence there ... that over that period of time she was feeling rejected by Justin and probably by Charlise," Ms Davenport said.

"To gain attention … to win Justin Stein back, she killed her child," Ms Davenport said.

Ms Davenport said her client admits that he lied to police to "protect himself" after dumping the body but that doesn't mean he is "responsible for her murder".

The jury is expected to retire on Thursday to begin deliberating their verdict.

I’d like to know if Charlise was wearing the same clothes she had on when she left the caravan park with Stein or something different.. I feel like that could possibly give an indication of whether she made it to the next day or was killed that same night. I really don’t think she was alive by the 12th.

I can’t think of any reasonable explanation for the lack of underwear.. I know some people/kids don’t wear any under pjs but from the earlier reporting it doesn’t sound like she was dressed in pjs when she was found. Ugh :(

imo
Firstly I’d just like to say ‘thank god for this group’. The MSM media have been so selective in what has been reported. Having followed here from when this happened I took a break for mental health reasons and have found myself here once again to gain some much needed insights.

When the details of CM’s outfit were reported on, that is one thing that stood out, track pants in the middle of summer as well as a skirt etc. With the knowledge of no undies now I suspect he took those and needed to put something on her to cover her up and found whatever he could to her lower half.

It’s also been at the back of my mind that the blood KM saw on JS’s penis after they had sex could have been the remnants of CM’s SA. If he hadn’t cleaned himself up after panicking.

Just horrible to think about but that is where my mind went.

My thoughts are with the jury, hoping they make the right decision. It won’t be long now until we hear the verdict I assume.

I have heard from research that most jury members make up their mind about the guilt or innocence of the accused in the early stage of a trial (which is why strong openings by either side are critical). What follows over the days or weeks then just confirms their initial feeling.

They also take careful note of the judge's instructions.

But giving her final address, Mr Stein’s barrister Carolyn Davenport SC claimed there was “no reasonable possibility” her client could be found guilty of Charlise’s murder.

“My submission to you is the accumulation of the things happening in Kallista Mutten’s life that week … taking ice every day, being rejected by Justin Stein, being rejected by her daughter and knowing she was no longer able to go and live at Mount Wilson had a cumulative effect upon her,” Ms Davenport said on Wednesday.

“To gain attention, to win Justin Stein back, she killed her child.”

Apparently Davenport SC conveniently omitted this bit: "But first she drugged her with Stein's medicine and removed her underwear."

IMO he is not blaming mental health because he claims he did nothing. No accountability apart from dumping the barrel.
Maybe, but wouldn't he want mitigation for agreeing to dump a little girl's murdered body? He didn't exactly 'do nothing' as that could also be an accomplice after the fact.

But I guess that is all moot because no one is going to believe his fantasy version, imo.

Stein's lawyer claims Kallista killed her own daughter for attention. Is she speaking of a fairy tale? Since when did Charlise, or Stein, reject Kallista?
Her 'reasoning' makes no sense. On the one hand she says Kallista would not have left her sick child at Wildenstein, and on the other hand she says Kallista killed her.

“My submission to you is the accumulation of the things happening in Kallista Mutten’s life that week … taking ice every day, being rejected by Justin Stein, being rejected by her daughter and knowing she was no longer able to go and live at Mount Wilson had a cumulative effect upon her,”
“In order, who knows, to gain attention, to win Justin Stein back, she killed her child.”

She'd kill her child 'to WIN BACK' Justin? Why would killing a little girl win him back ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back