GUILTY Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good result. Shame there's no death penalty but what can you do.

Can I just ask if the "life sentence" means till the day he dies with no chance of release?

Rest in peace little one

Unless he is allowed to appeal and gets a sentence reduction, or is given a possibility of parole, "imprisonment for life" means life (now) in NSW.

If an individual is sentenced to life imprisonment or life without parole, in NSW, they are to remain in custody for the rest of their natural life without any prospect of parole. Link

Going through my notes from court today, the Judge stated that the charge of interference with a corpse was withdrawn.

Stein is now 33 years old. That would mean that he was born in perhaps 1991.

The Judge summed up Stein’s past history….

Stein claimed:-
When he was 13 he turned to heroin because of discord with his father and also because he was sexually abused by his mother’s female friend. He attended Cranbrook and Kings school and left in Year 9 because of his heroin addiction.
(The judge disputes that the sexual abuse ever happened, as the story only came to light after his arrest for the murder of Charlise, and it was never reported to authorities.)

His past criminal history:-

2009 (when he was ?18) Break & Enter and Stealing - was placed on a 3 year bond and to attend drug and alcohol rehab. Stein breached this and was sentenced to 9 months jail and for detox.

2009 Stein was admitted to Hospital following a suicide attempt.

2011 Stein entered Odyssey House for detox.

2012 Stein was admitted to hospital following a suicide attempt.

June 2015 charged with possessing a prohibited drug and had a fine imposed.

Oct 2015 again charged with possessing a prohibited drug.

Nov 2015 charged with larceny and was given a bond.

I didn’t get the date, but he was charged with possessing a border controlled substance and was given 6 years and 9 months jail, with a non parole period of 3 years and 9 months jail. He was released on 7/11/2019.

He was on parole when he murdered Charlise.

IMHO

Last edited:
So I wonder what his motive was??

To cover up SA? -Likely IMO
To cover up OD? -Unlikely IMO
To hurt KM? -Maybe IMO
Jealousy of CM -Maybe IMO
To cover up another crime that CM may have witnessed? -Dunno IMO

This is the thing that facinates me with true crime, the why & than to spend the rest of your life in prison, for what , 5 mins of gratification?

So I wonder what his motive was??

To cover up SA? -Likely IMO
To cover up OD? -Unlikely IMO
To hurt KM? -Maybe IMO
Jealousy of CM -Maybe IMO
To cover up another crime that CM may have witnessed? -Dunno IMO

This is the thing that facinates me with true crime, the why & than to spend the rest of your life in prison, for what , 5 mins of gratification?

We'll never know I guess but the abuse material that was allegedly on his phone and some of the details of the case would lean into the idea that he intentionally drugged her for the purpose of abusing her then killed her to keep her quiet.

He seems like a compulsive liar whose brain has been fried by decades of hard drug use from a young age, probably doesn't know which way is up at the best of times and is also a violent person who has only ever associated with criminals (and his mother). He may not have had much contact with reality or healthy functional life. His demeanour in court is no doubt due to being medicated with heavy duty psych drugs (usually extremely sedating).

IMO it does seem cruel to lock someone up in solitary / isolation and medicate them to that extent for the rest of their life. That seems like a sadistic unreasonably cruel torture to me and a death penalty would be fairer, most especially if the prisoner requested to be released from this life. JMO.

I am by no means excusing or sympathising for him, or victim blaming, but this situation should have never happened - it was an enormous safe guarding failure and system failure on the part of every single person who was involved with CM's welfare. It is blatantly obvious CM should have never been in a million miles of her mother without supervision, never mind taken along with this monster who so cruelly took her life. This needs to be noted so it doesn't happen again.

No doubt KM used all manner of coercion, manipulation, and dishonest techniques to achieve getting the child into her 'care' for this holiday. And JS's mother seems to have been a part of this fraudulent notion that KM & JS were fit to take care of a child - absolutely shameful.

JMO MOO

IMO it does seem cruel to lock someone up in solitary / isolation and medicate them to that extent for the rest of their life. That seems like a sadistic unreasonably cruel torture to me and a death penalty would be fairer, most especially if the prisoner requested to be released from this life. JMO.

I doubt he will be in solitary, unless he misbehaves in prison. He will be with a bunch of likeminded people.
He can read, study, exercise, watch TV, write and receive letters, have visitors, have a certain amount of yard time, participate in a prison job, earn some money, buy things from the commissary.

A death penalty may be easier on him (and maybe not, he may prefer a locked up life vs any choice of death).
But I see absolutely no reason for anyone to go easy on him, considering what he did to Charlise. He robbed her of practically her entire life. Put her through a terrifying demise. She was only 9 years old.

imo

We'll never know I guess but the abuse material that was allegedly on his phone and some of the details of the case would lean into the idea that he intentionally drugged her for the purpose of abusing her then killed her to keep her quiet.

Stein still has 2 matters in Penrith court on 6th September, and I believe one of the matters is regarding the child abuse material found on his devices.

I wondered about what kind of penalty could be given for any more crimes this murderer has performed…. How can you add to life without parole?? I thought perhaps on the off chance that Stein appeals his life sentence, and on the off chance that his sentence is reduced, at least having these two extra charges may safely contain him in jail for longer.

I realise the court must deal with these 2 matters, as they are offences that cannot go without punishment, even though he has just been given the maximum penalty for murdering little Charlise.

IMO

Stein claimed:-
When he was 13 he turned to heroin because of discord with his father and also because he was sexually abused by his mother’s female friend. He attended Cranbrook and Kings school and left in Year 9 because of his heroin addiction.

I've pondered this before: How does a 13 year old -- attending elite private schools -- get hooked on heroin without his parents and/or teachers knowing?

I can picture a 13 year old runaway street kid getting into that scene, but a 13 year old attending top rank private schools?

This definitely does not add up for me.

Who supplies this kid with heroin?

I've pondered this before: How does a 13 year old -- attending elite private schools -- get hooked on heroin without his parents and/or teachers knowing?

I can picture a 13 year old runaway street kid getting into that scene, but a 13 year old attending top rank private schools?

I think he has been enabled for his whole life. His mother exhibited enabling behaviour. imo

Justin Laurens Stein has been jailed for life without parole for the "execution"-style murder of nine-year-old schoolgirl C in the Blue Mountains.

Stein was handed the maximum sentence after being found guilty of shooting and dumping the schoolgirl's body in a barrel near the Colo River, south-west of Sydney, in January 2022.

Stein was found guilty in June of shooting C with a rifle in the back and again in the head from about 30 centimetres away, which Justice Helen Wilson described as an "execution shot".

During the trial Stein accused C's mum, Kallista Mutten, who was his fiancee at the time, of murdering her own daughter.

Justice Wilson told the NSW Supreme Court today Stein failed to demonstrate "any shred of remorse" for such a "shockingly callous crime".

"Having murdered a nine-year-old girl, all the offender's energy was spent covering his tracks and directing blame elsewhere," Justice Wilson said.

"Some instances of murder are so grave that the maximum penalty is the only appropriate penalty."

Stein still has 2 matters in Penrith court on 6th September, and I believe one of the matters is regarding the child abuse material found on his devices.

I wondered about what kind of penalty could be given for any more crimes this murderer has performed…. How can you add to life without parole?? I thought perhaps on the off chance that Stein appeals his life sentence, and on the off chance that his sentence is reduced, at least having these two extra charges may safely contain him in jail for longer.

I realise the court must deal with these 2 matters, as they are offences that cannot go without punishment, even though he has just been given the maximum penalty for murdering little Charlise.

IMO
Thanks so much for the update posts Marg944. I imagine hearing the details of the trial was quite harrowing and hope you take some time for self care also.

I think I know the answer to your question---
"How does a 13 year old -- attending elite private schools -- get hooked on heroin without his parents and/or teachers knowing?"

When our oldest child was entering middle school we lived in Venice Beach Cali, where the public schools had a lot of diversity. Which had good points and bad points.... there were some issues with LA gang fights and turf warfare etc...:oops:

So we worked hard and saved up for several years in order to move way up North, to a very highly rated school system in a very high priced suburban neighbourhood. Many of the other students in the school lived in large mansions and most kids were given brand new cars at 16, like BMWs or Range Rovers, lmao [not our kids though].

I WAS SHOCKED to find out that there was a heroin epidemic among some of the 14 yr olds in our neighbourhood. I thought we moved in order to escape that. But actually, the very rich families did have problems sometimes with kids having too much money to spend, and a lot of privacy. Many of the parents were workaholics in order to have mansions and beach houses so the kids were home with the housekeepers all week. They had money, freedom and privacy. All the ingredients necessary in order to buy and use drugs/aslcohol and party with friends. They bought oxycontin, Xanax Bars, and cocaine mostly.

Also the elite schools do not want to anger the very rich families. They need them so if a student gets caught with drugs, the school might be lenient if the family is making big donations and paying tuition for 3 kids.

We went to a high priced neighbourhood to escape the drug epidemic and it was worse there than it was where we used to live.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back