Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if I read the wrong article that left me a little confused.

I'm trying to get the sequence of events straight in my head.

Did the alleged killer buy the sandbags etc.. prior to CM being killed or after?

I apologize if I read the wrong article that left me a little confused.

I'm trying to get the sequence of events straight in my head.

Did the alleged killer buy the sandbags etc.. prior to CM being killed or after?
Allegedly, afterwards.
He reportedly shopped for the sandbags on Thursday afternoon.
And LE has narrowed the TOD to Tuesday night after 7 pm until Wed around 10 am.

I think he maybe put her in the boat on Wednesday morning and hid here there while he tried to gather the supplies and dispose of the evidence.

Allegedly, he first put the boat into the water and then it wouldn't start. So I guess he pulled it back out of water, hooked it back up to the car, and then drove around looking for another way to hide her.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The ban on publishing the victim’s name seems to have been lifted - family members have apparently given consent, to the Herald anyway: CM: Stepfather JS charged with murder of nine-year-old

PLEASE FOLLOW THE WEBSLEUTHS INSTRUCTIONS FROM SILLYBILLY WHICH ARE TO USE INITIALS ONLY FOR THE VICTIM AND THE SUSPECT IN THIS TRAGIC CASE.

No matter what MSM is putting in their articles, until further notice Websleuths requires INITIALS ONLY FOR THE VICTIM AND THE SUSPECT at this time.

Should JS be called CM’s stepfather? I don’t see it like that as her mother wasn’t yet married to him. Perhaps it’s been mentioned. I’m still reading through the thread.

Please note I do not say this as a defence of this guy at all. Just facts generally speaking, because there are plenty of good step-parents out there in de facto relationships.

If they are legally de facto, then that is as good as married in NSW. In NSW, if you fulfill the requirements to be considered de facto, in almost all regards you have the same rights and responsibilities to each other as a married couple. You are named as each others spouses on tax returns, your contributions to the relationship count if you split up, yada yada yada.

De facto relationships
De facto Relationships | The Law Society of NSW
Defacto relationships and family law - Legal Aid NSW

Please note I do not say this as a defence of this guy at all. Just facts generally speaking, because there are plenty of good step-parents out there in de facto relationships.

If they are legally de facto, then that is as good as married in NSW. In NSW, if you fulfill the requirements to be considered de facto, in almost all regards you have the same rights and responsibilities to each other as a married couple. You are named as each others spouses on tax returns, your contributions to the relationship count if you split up, yada yada yada.

De facto relationships
De facto Relationships | The Law Society of NSW
Defacto relationships and family law - Legal Aid NSW

it's actually australia wide as of... i forget the year

the Rudd federal government introduced it instead of gay marriage
but then later on we had a passing referendum for gay marriage anyway under the Turnbull federal government
but we still have the de facto laws

what i don't know is: does it effect child custody in any way? i have wondered this for years. do de factos in australia get any parental rights nowadays?

it's actually australia wide as of... i forget the year

the Rudd federal government introduced it instead of gay marriage
but then later on we had a passing referendum for gay marriage anyway under the Turnbull federal government
but we still have the de facto laws

what i don't know is: does it effect child custody in any way? i have wondered this for years. do de factos in australia get any parental rights nowadays?

Yes, every state (and the federal government) recognises de facto couples. However, every state does so differently, and every state has their own legislation about it. Some states have de facto relationship registers and others do not (NT and WA do not). Marriage law is federal; de facto law is mostly state laws, other than family law stuff which is federal. eg this article outlines how things are different in WA, with WA de facto couples not eligible to each others super (but you are in NSW) What are the differences for de facto couples and married couples in Western Australia? (Also, the differences for de facto couples in WA and the rest of Australia!) - Family and Matrimonial - Australia

When you say de factos and parental rights, do you mean in regards to stepchildren? Because of course biological parents have rights in regards to their children no matter what kind of relationship they had or did not have. If you mean if de factos break up do the de factos have rights to their ex-stepchildren? According to this https://emfl.com.au/what-are-your-custody-rights-in-australia-as-a-step-parent/ - married and de facto stepparents are equal in status, and how much parental rights they can be given depends entirely on the individual situation at hand, down to even sometimes having to pay child support.

The accused and CM’s mum have been together for a while. Surely this was not his first meeting of CM.

it may well have been:
  • both accused and mother had... 'interesting accomodation' for periods of time
  • child was in custody of grandparents in another state
  • rampant covid lockdowns and border closures for last 2 years

Bit suss. They would have said 'drum' instead of barrel

technically you are correct - drums have straight sides, barrels have convex sides

however colloquially the terms are used synonymously

at least in australia

when barrel was first mentioned a metal drum was the picture that came into my mind

now i can't get it out of my head

<modsnip>

Yes, every state (and the federal government) recognises de facto couples. However, every state does so differently, and every state has their own legislation about it. Some states have de facto relationship registers and others do not (NT and WA do not). Marriage law is federal; de facto law is mostly state laws, other than family law stuff which is federal. eg this article outlines how things are different in WA, with WA de facto couples not eligible to each others super (but you are in NSW) What are the differences for de facto couples and married couples in Western Australia? (Also, the differences for de facto couples in WA and the rest of Australia!) - Family and Matrimonial - Australia

When you say de factos and parental rights, do you mean in regards to stepchildren? Because of course biological parents have rights in regards to their children no matter what kind of relationship they had or did not have. If you mean if de factos break up do the de factos have rights to their ex-stepchildren? According to this https://emfl.com.au/what-are-your-custody-rights-in-australia-as-a-step-parent/ - married and de facto stepparents are equal in status, and how much parental rights they can be given depends entirely on the individual situation at hand, down to even sometimes having to pay child support.

awesome knowledge / research thank you

so then refering to the accused as 'step-father' or 'step-dad' is correct... depending on whether they count as de facto.

i think that depends on how much time you spend in the same residences?

Radio 2SM mentioned it was a plastic barrel which he couldn’t lift so he rolled it near a creek near the Colo River.
JS must have told them where because how did the cops pinpoint that exact location? I doubt there’s many phone towers around there.

Dry sand? Plastic barrel? Honestly the guy isn’t that sharp.

Last edited:
I’d like to extent my gratitude to our Australian police force because I’m in awe of what they do.
From the searchers to the guy who cuffed the #*@&#, I thank you all.
upload_2022-1-20_5-35-25.jpeg

I’m so very proud of you. Thank you.

Aussie cops are tops.

Radio 2SM mentioned it was a plastic barrel which he couldn’t lift so he rolled it near a creek near the Colo River.
JS must have told them where because how did the cops pinpoint that exact location? I doubt there’s many phone towers around there.

Dry sand? Honestly the guy isn’t that sharp.
I don't think JS told the cops where the child was. They found the barrel before he was arrested, through GPS tracking of the vehicle.

JS will be transferred to Silverwater Prison where he will undertake two weeks quarantine before appearing in court again in March.

CS’s biological father SH paid tribute to his daughter on Facebook on Wednesday morning, vowing to “find answers”.

“Goodbye you beautiful little girl. I love you so much, I miss you every day,” he wrote.

“You have captured the hearts of the nation and the world and now those hearts are breaking, with mine. This doesn’t happen. Kids need to be safe. What is wrong with you people??? We will get the answers for you baby, and we will honour you properly.”
With 100kg of sand and an empty barrel, JS allegedly attempted a cover-up

Did he drive to Sydney?

To hide what he had allegedly done, JS towed a boat from the Mount Wilson property and tried to dump the schoolgirl’s body in the Hawkesbury River, but was unable to start the vessel.

So he drove his ute to the Colo River, where he allegedly planned to cast CM into the water inside a barrel filled with the sand he had bought from a Bunnings hardware store last Thursday afternoon. But it was all too heavy for him to shift, forcing him to allegedly leave it on the water’s edge.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/with-100kg-of-sand-and-an-empty-barrel-js allegedly-attempted-a-cover-up-20220119-p59pmr.html

awesome knowledge / research thank you

so then refering to the accused as 'step-father' or 'step-dad' is correct... depending on whether they count as de facto.

i think that depends on how much time you spend in the same residences?
It is incorrect as the child was not in their custody nor did she even reside there or raised by them

SMH have now changed their language after my emails to reporters and direct to editor
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member