Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Sarah was referring to the idea that she would not have much left without her mother and the idea that her mother had deliberately absconded without any regard for her daughter.

I wonder if Karen could have ever imagined that Sarah would show so little regard to her that she would clam up and not help police in revealing whatever she knows that could bring the murderer to justice.

Are cops trying to eliminate every black SLK in Victoria or whole Australia?

Is elimnation going to be enough to prove BR did it?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk
All part of a circumstantial case. No, elimination alone won't prove it.

I think it's just more evidence - if every black SLK is accounted for, alongside pings and car location data they have video evidence of the car in a location Borce does not acknowledge being despite acknowledging he drove the car.

Yes they are. It probably fits with other evidence they have.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

I wonder if Karen could have ever imagined that Sarah would show so little regard to her that she would clam up and not help police in revealing whatever she knows that could bring the murderer to justice.
Yes, it is hard to imagine. To me it points to her father having some very persuasive power over her.

Thanks--which if true would mean the car hasn't been impounded as evidence.

I am not 100% positive about this, but I think the relatively few cars they impound and keep for evidence are generally the ones that have damage to the vehicle that shows the vehicles part in a crime. Something the defence/police/court can look over later if they want, with no chance of interference from anyone.

Once they had vacuumed, sifted, scraped, fingerprinted, collected DNA, collected other forensic evidence, and photographed many angles of Karen's car, there was probably no reason to hold it and store it at police facilities.

1. Closing of the shop/business in Watergardens. Selling off clothes at a discount.

Doesn't look like the business was sold, not sure how much they sold off but I'd assume they would be paying off outstanding invoices, rent etc with that money, not sure how much would be left after that.

Yes, it is hard to imagine. To me it points to her father having some very persuasive power over her.
Or could also mean kr and sr didn't have good relationship for whatever reason i.e if Karen was sleeping with stepson at some poin, had an affaris on her business trips or whatever.. these things have a potential to make daughter hate her mother and take fathers side and who knows what else was going on in R family, we don't know what we don't know; or what if it was a freaky accident, sr/br pushed her and kr died, panic, adrenaline, gotta think fast, etc...in these circumstances SR's behavior makes perfect sense.

If a dubious alleged affair is a good and understandable reason to cover for a murder, there would be many dead partners all over the world with their children helping to cover up the crime. I don’t care if the alleged dubious affair is with a step-brother that a person is not close with. It is NO reason to cover a murderer’s bum.

If Borce did this crime, he should pay for it. Murder is against the law in this country, no matter the reason.

If he then got a lengthy term in prison, he would still be able to be visited. He could still write letters, make occasional phone calls, receive photos. He would still be breathing and eating and alive. Which is more than can be said for poor Karen.

Who else is wondering how much Ristevski lawyer fees have added up to in 12 months.? Can anyone give an indicative fee?
What funds is he relying on when the bill arrives? Would it be sale of house, sale of any investments if he has any. dirty money, weekly über wages?

The big bills would only start happening after somebody is charged & needs to be actively defended in court, and all the work that goes along with that.

Up until now, there may only have been some initial discussions almost a year ago, handled by one of Rob Stary's underlings (her name was published) and a little more right after Karen's remains were found.

Some parting advice to say nothing to the police would've sufficed since then.

That represents several hours of billable time, but no more than that & only some at Mr Stary's rates.

I cant help but think that if were were any negative actions in KRs past and BR/SR were angry at her about them - wouldn't they leak the info out? It would help shift focus elsewhere and possibly raise other theories (eg a jealous lover etc). Nothing suspicious has come up about kr having an affair etc - except from ar who isnt exactly reliable.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I cant help but think that if were were any negative actions in KRs past and BR/SR were angry at her about them - wouldn't they leak the info out? It would help shift focus elsewhere and possibly raise other theories (eg a jealous lover etc). Nothing suspicious has come up about kr having an affair etc - except from ar who isnt exactly reliable.

They let Ant do it for them.

I remember reading a Facebook post from a good friend of Karen...stating her health issue was "Asthma". It was probably last year on KR Facebook discussion page.

I can only find a comment from CR...
A snippet:

Mrs Ristevski’s nephew, Chris Ristevski, told the program the family was “disgusted” by Mr Rickard’s apparent attempt to sell his story.

“That’s the type of person he is,” he said.

“He’s used everyone around him. He’s used Karen and Borce. Karen and Borce have both given him cars, which he’s totally destroyed. Money, accommodation, and he’s just abused it.”

The nephew also claimed he loaned Mr Rickard $2000, which was never paid back.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...k/news-story/24acc409ec4075c8516817e8c897498e

I don't recall any official comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only this glibly one from memory.

He glibly told reporters that tensions between Borce, Anthony and Karen, and her embarrassment over her alleged inappropriate relationship with her stepson had prompted her to stage her own disappearance.
He also repeated Anthony’s claims that the marriage was in trouble and that she planned to leave Borce once their daughter Sarah turned 21.
“I reckon she’s run away, ” He told the Herald Sun just weeks after Ms Ristevski vanished.
“That’s my feeling, what with all the rumours going on about Anthony (Rickard).
“She’s been going overseas to America and Hong Kong each month for the past 10 years on business, and I’m told it’s fairly easy to get a false passport.
“I did put the rumours (about Mr Rickard) to Borce, but he said Karen’s not here to answer them. I don’t think she will come back, I reckon she’s gone for good.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/2bbe3c1ab602e2e9948986048d337aad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey